Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

16 Things we learnt from Last Night

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I think number 12 raises some questions.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/13582722.Hughton_s_words_inspired_LuaLua/
LuaLua said: “The right-back got a yellow card early so the gaffer said to me ‘Every time you get the ball keep going and hopefully your chance will come’.

“There was only one thing on my mind. I was trying to take him on and then shoot.​

This has bugged me for several seasons - we have never really run at the defensive players on yellow cards. Why has it taken this long? Why does Kaz need to be told to run at a full back who is on a yellow card? Why have none of our previous three managers noticed this hasn't really happened and addressed it sooner? It seems like such a basic thing. Other than the infamous game with Dan Harding being substituted in the first half, I can't remember us really going for a defender who is walking a disciplinary tightrope.

I hope this is a sign of things to come and isn't something our wingers forget to do, and our manager stops encouraging.

Kaz doesn't strike me as being a thinking player, for a manager to rely on the strategy of Lua Lua shooting is somewhat worrying. When he was on the ball Friday we may as well not have had two central strikers as his ability and vision to cross is very poor. He is, I feel an expensive luxury, I cannot see him holding this position this season.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Yep. Hard to know what sort of season Forest will have or how much of a threat they really were.

Only 4 of the first 11 v Sheff Weds in 2014, only 2 of last seasons 11 signings and only 5 of the last match against Middlesbrough started on Friday . And the club have been surprisingly open about
saying that Hughton hasn't finished his summer business yet with cover for centre backs, wingers, creative mids still to come. So he's not being asked to play with essentially the same squad. He's been given a pretty healthy budget to rebuild it. It won't be the same set of players and they won't be playing the same way.
Whether they turn out to be better ? Well We've only Friday and Sevilla to go on but positive so far.

I'm not a stat man particularly, usually leave that to Stat Brother, I feel that the result is obscuring the reality of what I saw on Friday. WE have to give it a month or so to see if this was a good or bad performance of our team/squad. Truthfully on occasions the performance was not too distant from that under Sammi, a midfield of Kayal, Stephens, March and Lua Lua is neither creative nor tough enough in this division and definitely needs strengthening.
I do however want to be proved wrong and am prepared to watch and wait.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kaz doesn't strike me as being a thinking player, for a manager to rely on the strategy of Lua Lua shooting is somewhat worrying. When he was on the ball Friday we may as well not have had two central strikers as his ability and vision to cross is very poor. He is, I feel an expensive luxury, I cannot see him holding this position this season.

Yeah, Kaz doesn't have the best reputation for football intelligence, and if it was just him, I'd understand it, but it's been all our players for the last 4 years.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not a stat man particularly, usually leave that to Stat Brother, I feel that the result is obscuring the reality of what I saw on Friday. WE have to give it a month or so to see if this was a good or bad performance of our team/squad. Truthfully on occasions the performance was not too distant from that under Sammi, a midfield of Kayal, Stephens, March and Lua Lua is neither creative nor tough enough in this division and definitely needs strengthening.
I do however want to be proved wrong and am prepared to watch and wait.

I dont agree with that because I thought Kayal and Stephens dominated the midfield, as I expect them to do quite often. When we get a qu7ck wide man to supply the front 2 we will be ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here