Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

141st Open Championship

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Sundays weather will make the final day very interesting!! this is probably the best golf tournament in the golfing calendar with the exception of the Ryder Cup In my opinion.

The two are rather different beasts though - as far a individualism goes The Open can't really be surpassed - although Augusta is a close second - and golf is mainly an individual sport. For teamwork, the Ryder cup is superb, and the atmos outstanding wherever it's held.

I can perfectly understand that if you don't play golf, watching it is probably not rivetting, but I think anyone can enjoy the Ryder cup.

Bring it on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BBC5Live's coverage of the Open is absolute shite, they are talking around everything except what is actually happening !
Have they lost the rights to live coverage ? Fed up of constant back story and "oh well that's so and so stuffed for this year....can .X win a major ?....." absolute drivel

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
BBC5Live's coverage of the Open is absolute shite, they are talking around everything except what is actually happening !
Have they lost the rights to live coverage ? Fed up of constant back story and "oh well that's so and so stuffed for this year....can .X win a major ?....." absolute drivel

Their general coverage of the Olympic build up has concentrated far too much on the negatives as well. Grant the G4S has been a total cock up but they have been piss poor IMO. Whenever anyone has emailed in to tell them to concentrate more on the upcoming events their replies of ,"oh don't you want us to report on the REAL issues" have been patronising in the extreme. They are becoming more and more like Talksport. Their Aussie bus story taking an extra 2 hrs was on their main bulletins for 2 days FFS.

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
£5 ew (1st 5 places) Ernie Els 80/1
£5 ew (1st 6) Dustin Johnson 45/1
£3 ew (1st 5) Thomas Bjorn 100/1

Els and Bjorn were backed a couple of months ago. On the plus side,I have a bit of value. However,place terms are only 1st 5. Most firms now going 1st 6. Paddy Power are going 7(SEVEN) places now!

Best of luck to all who have a punt in this,especially if you're on any of my 3!! 

nice one :)

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex

Cheers mate. Couldn't be happier tbh,unsurprisingly ;-D

Unlucky tangfastic. Been there myself many times. Hurts like Hell,especially when in that manner. Scott looked home & hosed after his birdie at the 14th. Unbelievable collapse!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I was watching oddschecker all afternoon, with half hour to go Scott was 1/1000......has there ever been a bigger f*** up in Open history?...it's up there with Van de Velde...great viewing, Scott will never get over that. I know Rory did, but he lost it early on in his round at the Masters,not in the last four holes.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I was watching oddschecker all afternoon, with half hour to go Scott was 1/1000......has there ever been a bigger f*** up in Open history?...it's up there with Van de Velde...great viewing, Scott will never get over that. I know Rory did, but he lost it early on in his round at the Masters,not in the last four holes.

1/1000. Really? Was that with Betfair?

Jimmy Grimble

Done some outsiders e/w with Paddy Power - they're paying seven places.

Els 40-1 , Lawrie 66-1, Furyk 50-1 and Goosen 110-1. Just for fun, like.

:clap: :) My second win on the golf Majors this year, had Bubba Watson at the Masters too.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Betfair famously have 1/999 as there shortest odds. That'd probably have been when he went -10 after the birdie at 14th. I doubt you'll ever a bigger 'choke',especially in golf. You do get ridiculous odds swings in tennis. I recall Ernest Gulbis(i think it was) losing to some Argie player Acasuso a few years back,& he was 5/1 up in the final set and serving for the match,went 30/0 up only to f*ck it up!!

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
Congrats convoy,will have to look at your picks aswell as klunks,I put 5e/w on woods at 10/1,and complete outsiders that came know where, 3 pound out of pocket

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Congrats convoy,will have to look at your picks aswell as klunks,I put 5e/w on woods at 10/1,and complete outsiders that came know where, 3 pound out of pocket

I'm on Sean O'Hair(40/1),£5 each way with Ladbrokes,1/4 odds 1-5 in this weeks RBC Canadian Open.

I don't think their standout 40/1 will last too long tbh. He won this last year,in a play off and was 3rd here in 2006,so he clearly enjoys playing this course. His form looks ok,after a quick check. Has a couple of top10 finishes(incl 2nd in Hawaiian Sony Open) this year,and made 14 from 17 cuts. Don't blame me if I'm wrong,though. Just my fancy this week,that's all ;-D

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
US PGA starts Thursday.

Who do people fancy?

I am going to have EW tickle on:

Kuchar 40-1
Mahan 50-1
Fowler 45-1
Bradley 40-1
McDowell 35-1
Westy 22-1

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
US PGA starts Thursday.

Who do people fancy?

I am going to have EW tickle on:

Kuchar 40-1
Mahan 50-1
Fowler 45-1
Bradley 40-1
McDowell 35-1
Westy 22-1

Paddys paying top 6 E/W - anyone know of any better offers?

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I'm on Louis Oosthuizen at 50/1, Jason Dufner 35/1 and Dustbin Johnson 28/1. Louis really is a winner waiting to happen, Dufner's accuracy off the tee is just awesome and Dustbin is going to win one of these soon enough.

Team GB might get pulled along with the Olympic euphoria but I doubt it. Donald, Westwood, McIlroy, McDowell are all underpriced imo.

One for the Norwegian Challenge Tour event this week is Espen Kofstad at 14/1 with Bet £3.65. Espen's last three placings have been 1st / 3rd and 5th.He won the Norwegian Amateur title on this course too.14s seems quite generous to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here