Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1400 Blackburn fans at Arsenal...

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
Aren't about half of their ST holders from previous seasons currently boycotting the club as well?

1400 isn't even that bad, even without taking into account that Blackburn has a population of only 100,000 (around a 1/3 of which are ethnic minorites with no interest in Blackburn Rovers) and that going to watch Arsenal in a shit stadium they've seen plenty of times before for probably extortionate prices isn't even that attractive a propsect (without hindsight obviously)

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Aren't about half of their ST holders from previous seasons currently boycotting the club as well?

1400 isn't even that bad, even without taking into account that Blackburn has a population of only 100,000 (around a 1/3 of which are ethnic minorites with no interest in Blackburn Rovers) and that going to watch Arsenal in a shit stadium they've seen plenty of times before for probably extortionate prices isn't even that attractive a propsect (without hindsight obviously)

Do you have to be white to watch football? ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yup.

They brought 548
We took 346

Not a fair comparison anyway.

The nature of this country is that northern teams will have a fair few London based fans. We don't have such a fan base within 50 miles of Blackburn.

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
Not a fair comparison anyway.

The nature of this country is that northern teams will have a fair few London based fans. We don't have such a fan base within 50 miles of Blackburn.

There is probably the same order of magnitude of Brighton fans in Manchester as there are Blackburn ones in London, that is hardly a decisive factor. In any case, since London-based Blackburn fans aren't likely to go to that many games, I'd expect they'd prioritise the games at Watford/Palace/Millwall/Charlton over Brighton on a Tuesday night.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I live in Liverpool and have converted people to the Albion. Kids born and bred going to watch the Albion. One lad actually travelled from Liverpool to Brighton to watch a match! There are lots of Brighton fans all over the UK. Bottom line is Blackburn had more fans at ours than we took to Ewood Park so all things considered they aren't such a bad set of fans. End of thread.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1400 was their total allocation. They sold out.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What happened to the normal 15% minus segregation allowance that is the norm then US ?

Not sure but they said on the radio they sold out their allocation. Anyway all this billy big bollocks because we have good support now, well in numbers anyway, is the sort of thing we used to hate.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not sure but they said on the radio they sold out their allocation. Anyway all this billy big bollocks because we have good support now, well in numbers anyway, is the sort of thing we used to hate.

I'm sure they could have taken a bigger allocation if they could have sold them US., but to be honest I am always amazed a town with a population about the size of Worthing or Crawley get the gates they do.

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
Let me rephrase then.

Do you have to be white to watch Blackburn Rovers?

No, despite you trying to imply that I'm being a racist ****, you don't have to be white to watch Blackburn Rovers.

I merely said that the vast, vast majority of the non-white population of Blackburn have no interest in watching Blackburn Rovers which is completely borne out by the facts. Blackburn is a small town with a relatively large non-white population, however, Ewood Park is one of the least multicultural places in the country*. If you spend any time in Blackburn, the contrast is very noticeable.

Do you genuinely believe I have said something controversial?

*Even accounting for the fact that only about 2% of English football crowds are non-white in general, from experience I strongly suspect that Blackburn don't even get 2% which, to reiterate, is very noticeable in a town like Blackburn. In contrast, at Villa Park/St Andrews there is obviously a white majority but there are noticeably non-white faces in the crowd. Similar applies to Man Utd/Arsenal from what I've seen on TV.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No, despite you trying to imply that I'm being a racist ****, you don't have to be white to watch Blackburn Rovers.

I merely said that the vast, vast majority of the non-white population of Blackburn have no interest in watching Blackburn Rovers which is completely borne out by the facts. Blackburn is a small town with a relatively large non-white population, however, Ewood Park is one of the least multicultural places in the country*. If you spend any time in Blackburn, the contrast is very noticeable.

Do you genuinely believe I have said something controversial?

*Even accounting for the fact that only about 2% of English football crowds are non-white in general, from experience I strongly suspect that Blackburn don't even get 2% which, to reiterate, is very noticeable in a town like Blackburn. In contrast, at Villa Park/St Andrews there is obviously a white majority but there are noticeably non-white faces in the crowd. Similar applies to Man Utd/Arsenal from what I've seen on TV.

There are almost definitely white people in the town who aren't interested in blackburn. A simple "there are 100,000 thousand people in blackburn and a significant chunk of that population has no interest in blackburn rovers" shows there is a small audience for them locally. What value is there in your observation specifying that the non-white population are uninterested in blackburn rovers?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Don't forget that around Lancashire is one of the poorest areas in the country with some of the highest unemployment, so while we down here can afford to buy train tickets and then pay £35-40 tickets to watch football, people up north cannot. I think we forget that living down here.

Have they got electricity yet?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What happened to the normal 15% minus segregation allowance that is the norm then US ?

15% is the maximum entitlement , the away club isn't forced into taking more tickets that they can sell so probably only asked for 1,400. Newcastle only asked for 2,000 when they were beaten at The Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here