Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

14 games unbeaten

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The unbeaten thing doesn't really bother me, and we are over doing it a bit given there are a lot of draws. Still over 2 points a game is promising at this stage of the season

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Delighted, excited, enthralled, thrilled. We are playing some great football, creating a lot of chances while we're also solid tactically and defensively. We've not played anyone yet I thought were better than us. We're competitive, hard working with a vital team spirit. A genuinely believe we've got 50-60 pts in us from here.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Delighted, excited, enthralled, thrilled. We are playing some great football, creating a lot of chances while we're also solid tactically and defensively. We've not played anyone yet I thought were better than us. We're competitive, hard working with a vital team spirit. A genuinely believe we've got 50-60 pts in us from here.

Someone in the press pointed out you haven't played any of the top ten (excluding yourselves) away yet. And remember what happened to Leyton Orient in League One a couple of years ago, they had far more points than you have after 14 games I''ll bet. Where are they now.. and would 80 points in total be enough for automatic promotion?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Someone in the press pointed out you haven't played any of the top ten (excluding yourselves) away yet. And remember what happened to Leyton Orient in League One a couple of years ago, they had far more points than you have after 14 games I''ll bet. Where are they now.. and would 80 points in total be enough for automatic promotion?

Has your mum put an 'adult content' filter on your PC today so you can't access your usual stuff ? Must be some reason why you can't keep away.......

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So basically some sour-face is saying we are only top because we've had easy games.

Strewth.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Has your mum put an 'adult content' filter on your PC today so you can't access your usual stuff ? Must be some reason why you can't keep away.......

Wish she had, she died way before you were born, son. I say "born" but it was probably one of those things you see through a microscope like a molecue splitting.

I think coming on NSC is a bit like sticking a stick into an ants nest, fun to see them all running around in circles.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wish she had, she died way before you were born, son. I say "born" but it was probably one of those things you see through a microscope like a molecue splitting.

I think coming on NSC is a bit like sticking a stick into an ants nest, fun to see them all running around in circles.

Son. LOL. You write well for someone in your 70s.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

I must've imagined that we played Reading away yesterday and beat Fulham away in August?

Orient had 35 points after 14 games in League One two seasons ago, with two sides on 32 behind them, then they finished third. What does that have to do with anything?

But other than that, good post :wave:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Away to Reading last season we were absolutely gash. Today we held our own. We have improved enormously.
It took until the game yesterday for you to figure out we've improved?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7133373 said:
Sorry about that! I think failing to win against Wolves, Bolton, Cardiff and Preston in particular is really going to cost us. We should have won all of those games if we're serious automatic promotion contenders.
You're right of course which is depressing.
He's wrong, which is reassuring. Teams that get automatically promoted don't win every single game that they're on top in.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

No probably wouldn't be, where did I say 80 would be enough for anything? You've jumped the gun pal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here