[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm f%$king sick of all of this. The one thing keeping me from going totally postal in this climate is a) grass roots kids football that I coach and b) being able to watch Brighton play football on the TV. Now they want more ££££. You know what, F£$k sky, F$&K BT Sport and F*^K the Premier League. I will always keep up with the kids football but I feel like sacking the whole elite football circus off.

Sick and tired of this crap. Wake me up when all this is over please.

We will put you down as a maybe. :)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Twitter has gone into meltdown from fans of clubs everywhere.

Premier League 'stakeholders' have badly misjudged this one. The lack of uptake won't be the biggest problem, it's going to be the loss of goodwill and trust, which will be very hard to get back.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just get a few friends round and split the cost. If you had a group of 5 people that's only £3 each.

My neighbour has already suggested that me and a friend opposite join him for the games and pay a fiver each. Makes sense.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Just get a few friends round and split the cost. If you had a group of 5 people that's only £3 each.

My neighbour has already suggested that me and a friend opposite join him for the games and pay a fiver each. Makes sense.

get 30 people around and it's less than 50p

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
On top of our season tickets, that we are currently unable to use? And our current subscriptions to Sky and BT Sport, that dont show 3pm kick offs. Definitely not.

This just sounds like a total pi**take, when will it stop?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I occasionally begrudgingly pay £9.95, but only if it is an evening game, otherwise me and my lad go to our local in Liverpool and watch in a pretty empty pub, get a pint and a can of coke for about £4. £15 is ridiculous and the price will soon tumble. Even £9.95 is a rip off.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
From the Sky/BT point of view, I don’t really see the problem. Their customers will continue to get all the games they’ve paid for and the option to buy more if they wish.

It’s the clubs that are the really out of touch ones here. I’ve currently paid BHAFC in the region of £500 for a season ticket they have absolutely no possibility of honouring and there is not even a hint of a refund. I’ve said it before, but if it was any business but your football club you wouldn’t stand for it. What if Tesco took £70 for my weekly shop but didn’t give me any food or the local cinema took £10 for a ticket then cancelled the film? You’d go mad. You certainly wouldn’t accept a money off voucher that can be used a year later. So for these clubs to then ask fans to effectively pay again to see a match they’ve already bought a ticket for is beyond words.

You can make this argument for home games but not away ones where you have paid nothing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
From the Sky/BT point of view, I don’t really see the problem. Their customers will continue to get all the games they’ve paid for and the option to buy more if they wish.

The problem as I see it is there isn't anything contractually between the customer and BT.Sport/Sky to say how many games you watch and what they are.

It's easy to say, you wouldn't get to watch these games anyway but it simply doesn't work like that. Sky can move whatever they like behind another pay wall and they won't mind pissing subscribers off if they make money from the pay per view.

They also have a tendacy these days to allow you to "keep" the content (irrespective of whether you want to) and double the price.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Sky subscriber and also paid £25 for the first two BHA games on BT, don't do streaming..........done gone bust!

I did the same, paying Sky for BT Sport for the last 2 games. When I rang up to cancel the other day they have me a new deal for my package and I got a £25 per month discount. So I effectively get BT Sport for nothing.

I did have to extend my existing deal by a year though.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
When Chelsea have just spent £250 million or whatever it is, you're really telling me clubs need this money? Come off it.

Further: If clubs really are so far up the kyhber that they are happy to make lifelong season ticket holding supporters pay £15 quid to watch a televised version of the match hosted by some **** in shoes with white soles then **** them and **** football.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You’re right that this probably isn’t written in the contract, but the reality is if you subscribe to Sky Sports you reasonably expect that a) you will be able to watch 140 PL games a season and b) Sky have the right to pick what fixtures they are. That remains the same. If Sky start to hold back prime fixtures for PPV plenty of people will cancel so I don’t think that’s a risk they’ll take just to earn a relatively small extra sum. Their business is in retaining their 10 million subscribers in my opinion.

They tried doing this 10 years ago, it failed.

They won’t do it again and PL will go elsewhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports