Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If the club refund the season ticket they have stolen from us then yes but otherwise no.

I pay just over £400 a month for my family’s season tickets. I subscribe to Sky, BT Sports and Amazon. Can you please explain why I should pay a further £15 to watch an Albion game?!!

The club cannot have their cake and eat it. You can’t take money for season tickets AND take money for PPV. That is immoral and I’m not even sure it’s legal to not be refunding our season ticket money.

I’m afraid it’s getting to the point where I am seriously considering whether I care about the Albion anymore. I’m totally falling out of love with it.

Where is the justification for charging this money whilst making no effort to redress the total imbalance of players wages. People are losing their jobs across the country, people are on the breadline and the clubs are allowing the players to take the Micky whilst asking the fans to pay even more.

Shameful.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Bizarre logic is it cant be 10 quid as that's what EPL charge - so PL has to be more

Though EPL give access codes to all their season ticket holders for free

And PL season ticket holder get ...

But the EFL STH's I know are getting free access because they are not getting a refund on their season ticket. BHA STH's will be getting refunds or credits for next season.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If the club refund the season ticket they have stolen from us then yes but otherwise no.

I pay just over £400 a month for my family’s season tickets. I subscribe to Sky, BT Sports and Amazon. Can you please explain why I should pay a further £15 to watch an Albion game?!!

The club cannot have their cake and eat it. You can’t take money for season tickets AND take money for PPV. That is immoral and I’m not even sure it’s legal to not be refunding our season ticket money.

I’m afraid it’s getting to the point where I am seriously considering whether I care about the Albion anymore. I’m totally falling out of love with it.

Where is the justification for charging this money whilst making no effort to redress the total imbalance of players wages. People are losing their jobs across the country, people are on the breadline and the clubs are allowing the players to take the Micky whilst asking the fans to pay even more.

Shameful.

This totally. And I haven't even had a drink tonight either.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Not for me... more money grabbing from the Premier league.I'd pay if could deduct from my season ticket money.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why is everybody getting upset about season ticket money, I thought it was being held by the club on account of future matches if not this season then next, its not been lost useless you chose not to attend a future match you ???

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I guess that’s covered by the first part of my post. An away game would be a straightforward transaction between me and Sky, which as I said I have no problem with.

But when we play West Brom in a couple of weeks, I (and 23,000 others) have already paid for a ticket so what possible justification is there for BHAFC voting to make me pay another £15 for the privilege of actually seeing it?

Basically, my point is I have no problem with a PPV model. I just think it’s disgraceful to introduce it when hundreds of thousands of fans across the country have paid huge sums for season tickets that most clubs seemingly have no intention of refunding.

But you haven't already paid for a ticket for the West Brom game. There are no tickets. The money you paid is effectively held in trust until it can be used to pay for a match you can attend. If you have no problem with PPV, why do you have a problem at all?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why is everybody getting upset about season ticket money, I thought it was being held by the club on account of future matches if not this season then next, its not been lost useless you chose not to attend a future match you ???

With no attended football, even before the PPV announcement, many s/t’s want tranches of their money paid back now.

Not held as a credit in their favour until some future date.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
No.
Maybe clubs should have thought about the worst case scenario when signing players. It was in the championship that Barber said that no players will sign a relegating clause. Well, maybe clubs will now force them to or tell them to **** off. I doubt they have the bollocks.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
With no attended football, even before the PPV announcement, many s/t’s want tranches of their money paid back now.

I understand that aspect of it but, but that is different, I think if a STH wants to pay for PPV then they should be allowed to use some of their STH cash held in credit. However, nobody has paid for a ticket for the next home match so if the only way (legally) to watch it is to pay for it they won't be paying twice.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

You are right. However many, like myself, are very happy to support the club's cashflow and leave season ticket money invested until such time as it can be used to attend matches.

In an ideal world the fans would have made the choice, but our net outlay on players, after the Knockaert money, is about nil. Maybe an indication that the club really needed the money.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove

This. It happens I am in a gooxd financial position and dont need my season ticket money back. Many others are not so lucky. The club are doing exactly what airlines and travel companies were pilloried for - offering future benefits but no refund.

The PL is in danger of becoming the most unpopular organisation around. On the one hand it offers to charge us money for matches already paid for and pleads poverty to govt to get fans back just at the point when virus numbers are shooting up; on the other it spends £billions on transfer fees and huge obscene salaries and cant seemingly find £250m to help lower league football. Can you imagine the carnage if liverpool or united fans were allowed back just as more stringent lockdowns were put in place? PL leaders have lost the plot and seemingly live in an alterrnate universe.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Well kind of.

1) They've taken the money advance without consultation
2) Agreed with the PL to charge £15 a game without consulation.

On point one we've effectively agreed to loaning them money to paid back later with games. I don't remember signing anything.

The club can bang on all they like about Blooms contribution and generosuty (I'm a bit tired of that on a PR front), but collectively have done nothing to reduce the astronomical wage bill of PL players.

They've got themselves in a bit of a pickle and this time it the fans helping to bail them out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

You are right, some fans also understand this but clearly quite a few do not.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Twitter has gone into meltdown from fans of clubs everywhere.

Premier League 'stakeholders' have badly misjudged this one. The lack of uptake won't be the biggest problem, it's going to be the loss of goodwill and trust, which will be very hard to get back.

19 clubs voted for it, only Leicester voted against. I’m ashamed of my club voting for it. Most of our fans stuck by the club when we didn’t have two ha’pennies to rub together, and now they continue to buy players, whilst sitting on our season ticket money, and asking us to pay again!
Don’t take the fans for granted Mr Barber.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This. It happens I am in a gooxd financial position and dont need my season ticket money back. Many others are not so lucky. The club are doing exactly what airlines and travel companies were pilloried for - offering future benefits but no refund.

The PL is in danger of becoming the most unpopular organisation around. On the one hand it offers to charge us money for matches already paid for and pleads poverty to govt to get fans back just at the point when virus numbers are shooting up; on the other it spends £billions on transfer fees and huge obscene salaries and cant seemingly find £250m to help lower league football. Can you imagine the carnage if liverpool or united fans were allowed back just as more stringent lockdowns were put in place? PL leaders have lost the plot and seemingly live in an alterrnate universe.

Exactly. They've been warned for years about the bubble bursting and I think we are in better situation that other fans being able to pay monthly.

1) Still taking the season ticket money albeit as "credit".
2) Fans having to subscribe to Sky / BT / NowTV to watch any football. They've increased their subscriber base.
3) Games now taken out of that pot and we are being asked to pay a premium amount for a one off television event.
4) Still paying ridiculous amounts in wages, transfer fees and agents.

Clearly not living in the real world are they ? I agree completely lost the plot.

I wasn't one on here clamouring for a new striker in the transfer window, They shouldn't have had one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I understand that aspect of it but, but that is different, I think if a STH wants to pay for PPV then they should be allowed to use some of their STH cash held in credit. However, nobody has paid for a ticket for the next home match so if the only way (legally) to watch it is to pay for it they won't be paying twice.

Season ticket holders have either paid in full for all 19 home games, or if paying by DD have paid for at least 8 home games. Why should they pay twice?

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
You are right, some fans also understand this but clearly quite a few do not.

And if the worst happens (which l dont think it will) and we get relegated will fans be happy for their money to be used for championship STs when they contracted for PL STs ? Potentially 3 teams fans will be in this position. As I said above I am not needing the money but others are in dire straits. The PL pleading poverty just sticks in my throat!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Twitter has gone into meltdown from fans of clubs everywhere.

Premier League 'stakeholders' have badly misjudged this one. The lack of uptake won't be the biggest problem, it's going to be the loss of goodwill and trust, which will be very hard to get back.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here