Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Extremely high, mainly due to the change of tactics against a team wanting to sit back and counter attack. I assume Burnley will want to do that tomorrow so I expect the "we cannot play against a low block" trope to be well and truly banished as we smash the blighters!
Having said that, 1-0 will do just as well :)
I’d say Burnley are a poor version of us wanting to play expansive football but don’t really have the players for it. I’d expect us to win comfortably tomorrow

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I’d say Burnley are a poor version of us wanting to play expansive football but don’t really have the players for it. I’d expect us to win comfortably tomorrow
None of what you say is untrue, but personally, I never walk up to a Premier League game EXPECTING it to be comfortable. Grimsby in the FA Cup, I was fairly relaxed...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
That's my excitement level, out of 10, for tomorrow's game.

Which is a bit strange as on Wednesday night I was tempted to WFS (Watch from sofa).

Where's your Albion excitement level right now?

(No poll because I want WORDS. And it's Friday, so you can spare a few minutes to type some.)
9 for me

Would be 10 but still think we're missing a little spark in midfield with Ensisco and Fathi both out. Good news that Llana is back.

If you want more WORDS - I'll give you some more - Sanchez is a ****

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Extremely high, mainly due to the change of tactics against a team wanting to sit back and counter attack. I assume Burnley will want to do that tomorrow so I expect the "we cannot play against a low block" trope to be well and truly banished as we smash the blighters!
Having said that, 1-0 will do just as well :)
I'm not so sure they will and that's probably been their problem thus far i.e. they've been trying to play the same football that conquered the Championship last season .... so what's the betting they start playing with the infamous "low block" with effect from Saturday???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2 - Home games in the Premier League are so passé.

It's just a means to the end, that being next seasons trip to The Camp Nou.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not so sure they will and that's probably been their problem thus far i.e. they've been trying to play the same football that conquered the Championship last season .... so what's the betting they start playing with the infamous "low block" with effect from Saturday???
The truth is somewhere in between.

Kompany started the season trying to play the football that won the Championship, and playing all of his exotic new signings. None of the 'legacy' Dyche players featured in his early starting line ups.

A few drubbings later, and now Charlie Taylor, Josh Brownhill and Jay Rodriguez start every game!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
My mojo is only a 7 . I am cautious. We have still so many injuries and the result against Sheffield wounded me so another couple of wins will boost me up .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I still can't remove the fact that it's Burnley from my head. A team with a long history of f***ing us over.

So about a 6 for the game tomorrow (obviously my overall mojo level around everything is much, much higher).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tingly.

Still being on the verge of the top 5 after touring Europe and a hectic PL schedule with a load of patched up players and kids and is remarkable. If we can wiggle our way through to the mid Jan break in the same way we’ll be in great shape for the second half of the season, and all that rotation and those minutes the kids have had to play will pay off massively.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I felt like I'd seen it all having been going most weeks since the start of the Barry Lloyd era, but getting to the AMEX, then reaching the PL, making 2 FA Cup Semi Finals, qualifying for Europe and then qualifying for the knock-out stages of the Europa league with a brand of football I never thought I'd ever see Brighton play has changed my fan viewpoint by several orders of magnitude. Now, win, lose or draw, I'm expecting to get entertained and not even the dodgy referee/VAR decisions can dampen my Albion spirit!! Almost a permanent 8/10 :)

Jimmy Grimble

It’s a 7 before I even consider who we’re playing and how we’re playing, purely because it’s a Saturday 3pm at home with a table booked in the pub for 12 o clock.

Factor in our recent resilience and the win on Wednesday I’m probably on a 8/9.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here