Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 12 year old boy arrested for racist abuse of Wilf

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What happened to Zaha was disgusting, but angry emojis and a thousand pitchforks will make no remedy. We need action and new learning in all corners of society, right from an early age.

You might be right. But when you have a PM who thinks it perfectly acceptable to use derogatory terms to describe non-white people enlightenment isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What an a***hole of a comment. That same generation marched with Martin Luther King to Alabama, faced police baton charges and mounted police in London and Manchester against the South African tours to end apartheid, who were probably far more dedicated to racial equality and harmony, a world where everybody came together in peace and love, than some of today's woke generation and their shallow virtual signalling.
Some of us were fighting prejudice before some of you were born. So kindly, and in the nicest possible way, f*** off.

Bless. You have used pretty much every old-duffer cliche in the book tonight.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You might be right. But when you have a PM who thinks it perfectly acceptable to use derogatory terms to describe non-white people enlightenment isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

You add something major to the point.

It's easy to talk of a feral underclass with no values and standards yet ignore the feral elite who feed this.

If society wants to erect a virtual scaffold for the latest naive and ignorant embryo then it might be better served to focus on those who should know better.

But it doesn't- well not enough. Sad times.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bless. You have used pretty much every old-duffer cliche in the book tonight.

And you've just identified as woke. Bless.

Do you really believe that the civil rights movements in the sixties and seventies weren't supported by white kids too? If so, you are well and truly ignorant.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And you've just identified as woke. Bless.

Do you really believe that the civil rights movements in the sixties and seventies weren't supported by white kids too? If so, you are well and truly ignorant.

Whatever

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would love to know how the option of making a 12 year old boy make a public apology could even enter your mind.
It is utterly frightening that you would even consider this.

Subjecting a 12 year old ….publicly…..to the potential wrath of the online social media mob and others closer to home who would have knowledge of his identity(being in the public domain for all to see) could do untold damage to a young mind.

wtf

Youth offenders do not have their names published by law.

Stan Colleymore was abused by a fan a few years ago and he said he would drop the charges if the fan apologised face to face.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Were the previous generations really that thick that they couldn’t think of a term like BAME, so instead went with darkies ? No wonder there is a loss of respect for our elders
I think you'll find that the national front and similar organisations have always been able to find words that split the residents of the UK into "white British" and "the rest, they all look the same to us". BAME could have been dreamed up by the national front - why oh why do we want a word/acronym that spells out that if you aren't white British, you're all the same?

Can't they even see the idiocy of the recent campaign to ensure that more people of Chinese, Indian, Jewish, and even Irish origin become managers in the PL and FL? This assumption that Chinese and American Indian and Mayan and Inuit and Israeli and Arab and Japanese and African and Caribbean and Hawaiian and Maori and perhaps even Hispanic are all the same because they aren't white - it stinks. It needs to be put right.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The comments were loathsome. Shocking.

I wonder if the boy who posted those comments was acting more out of bravado and attention seeking, rather than because he is racist? 12yo boys are prone to that. What if, as a child, he didn't really understand the real meaning of what he was saying but knew the impact it would have?

If he was motivated by getting a reaction rather than because he is a racist, how should we deal with him?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

I wonder if the boy who posted those comments was acting more out of bravado and attention seeking, rather than because he is racist? 12yo boys are prone to that. What if, as a child, he didn't really understand the real meaning of what he was saying but knew the impact it would have?

If he was motivated by getting a reaction rather than because he is a racist, how should we deal with him?

Punish the parents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Youth offenders do not have their names published by law.

Stan Colleymore was abused by a fan a few years ago and he said he would drop the charges if the fan apologised face to face.

I know that, but the other poster was suggesting a public apology not a one to one private apology, try and read what was written A public apology where everyone would see him and his identity would be spread by the social media mob is entirely different. Its a bizarre suggestion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

My take is he should be dealt with according to the law; he has committed a crime after all. Otherwise how will he learn that breaking the law comes with consequences? Like any child he needs to know where the boundaries are. I’m also of the view that he should have the opportunity to redeem himself and if he chooses this path this incident should not affect him in the future; there is provision within the system to have any criminal record he might receive cleared. Unfortunately, the bigger problem he now has is his name is on the internet and forever linked to this incident. I’m not sure how this will play out.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Despite his young age, I feel this is a police matter due to the seriousness of the comments.

The best outcome would be for him to attend a race awareness course.

His name shouldn't be held on the criminal justice database after that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here