Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 12 year old boy arrested for racist abuse of Wilf

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Given there’s only around 25 responses to this thread it hasn’t taken long to reach the conclusion that the only one overreacting is you. No one has suggested hanging the lad and some have questioned the parenting.

Have you seen the words and pictures the lad posted? It’s still on Zaha’s twitter. That’s a lot of racist hate for a 12 year old.

I didn’t start a thread on it so you’re talking bollocks. And it’s leading news this evening. You’re also too dim to understand metaphorically speaking. Moreover you’re judging a 12 year old. I bet you were an angel. Sunday school. Chess club on Tuesdays. Never said anything in spite to anyone. The fact this is national news is a reflection of the woke society we now live in. He’s twelve. Not an adult. A stern ticking off by police is what’s needed, not a national press and mob witch-hunt.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Were the previous generations really that thick that they couldn’t think of a term like BAME, so instead went with darkies ? No wonder there is a loss of respect for our elders

I can’t remember if my dad was racist or not. He never had a bad work to say about the Nepalese Ghurkas he fought with.....

Your statement is very silly young man.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
Having read some of the comments let me throw my two pennies worth.... A stern word from the police makes no difference these days, punishment is limited as to what parents can do, the age of responsibility is 10 so he is 2 years past this so i think the options are, 1- Lad made to make a public apology to Zaha and every BAME player at Villa. 2 - Prosecution as abuse is abuse. 3 - lifetime ban from Villa ( He'd be saved a life of disappointment). 4 - Ban from all football grounds until he's 18.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I didn’t start a thread on it so you’re talking bollocks. And it’s leading news this evening. You’re also too dim to understand metaphorically speaking. Moreover you’re judging a 12 year old. I bet you were an angel. Sunday school. Chess club on Tuesdays. Never said anything in spite to anyone. The fact this is national news is a reflection of the woke society we now live in. He’s twelve. Not an adult. A stern ticking off by police is what’s needed, not a national press and mob witch-hunt.

How has a 12 year old learnt what he wrote and not even that thought to get those kinds of pictures to send ? It is a bit disturbing if you ask me

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did the 12 year old use an account with his real name?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I didn’t start a thread on it so you’re talking bollocks. And it’s leading news this evening. You’re also too dim to understand metaphorically speaking. Moreover you’re judging a 12 year old. I bet you were an angel. Sunday school. Chess club on Tuesdays. Never said anything in spite to anyone. The fact this is national news is a reflection of the woke society we now live in. He’s twelve. Not an adult. A stern ticking off bjby police is what’s needed, not a national press and mob witch-hunt.

Exactly. Spot on. Over reaction on here. Get the Met to hold the little n****r hater In a throat lock before a gentle box round the ears.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Were the previous generations really that thick that they couldn’t think of a term like BAME, so instead went with darkies ? No wonder there is a loss of respect for our elders

I can’t remember if my dad was racist or not. He never had a bad work to say about the Nepalese Ghurkas he fought with.....

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I can’t remember if my dad was racist or not. He never had a bad I’m work to say about the Nepalese Ghurkas he fought with.....

You must have got it from your Mum then, unless you made your own decision.
Fighting wars with ghurkas doesn’t make your Dad non racist. They efficiently kill other nationals for the British Army no questions asked.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You must have got it from your Mum then, unless you made your own decision.
Fighting wars with ghurkas doesn’t make your Dad non racist. They efficiently kill other nationals for the British Army no questions asked.

No maybe I didn’t get my point across.
It was about the quote on where the older generations so thick they couldnt sort racist terms out etc... That’s ridiculous...
The only foreign nationals my dad would have met is the ones he fought alongside at 17. He thought of lot of Burmese and Indians and I got my racism from my Italian mother.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Having read some of the comments let me throw my two pennies worth.... A stern word from the police makes no difference these days, punishment is limited as to what parents can do, the age of responsibility is 10 so he is 2 years past this so i think the options are, 1- Lad made to make a public apology to Zaha and every BAME player at Villa. 2 - Prosecution as abuse is abuse. 3 - lifetime ban from Villa ( He'd be saved a life of disappointment). 4 - Ban from all football grounds until he's 18.

I would love to know how the option of making a 12 year old boy make a public apology could even enter your mind.
It is utterly frightening that you would even consider this.

Subjecting a 12 year old ….publicly…..to the potential wrath of the online social media mob and others closer to home who would have knowledge of his identity(being in the public domain for all to see) could do untold damage to a young mind.

wtf

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

I wonder if, proportionally, there really were more racists in the 60s than there are now. The difference I've seen over the years is that those I would call racists are now more aware of their racism, mainly due to the majority being willing to "call out" racist speech and actions, and thus are more careful about the way they express their opinions in public.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When I was 12 all my friends would make monkey noises at football. Looking backI think my mum was racist ...She used to say ‘darkies’ a lot.

But we are no longer in the 1950s :shrug:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

40 years ago when I was 12 , I used the word Chinky to my dad to describe a chinese lad in my class.
He gave me a proper rollicking about that. Made it very clear to me that it was a racist term and I should never use derogatory terms for people from different ethnic groups.
Something I took on board, and changed my view about what was and wasn't acceptable.

Some people were ignorant about how to speak about different races, back then, but very far from all.
Those that had ignorant views back then, had in the main learnt to hide them and not utter them in public.
It was not so obvious who the racists were for the past twenty years or so.
Things are starting to change back a bit over the past few years though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wonder if, proportionally, there really were more racists in the 60s than there are now. The difference I've seen over the years is that those I would call racists are now more aware of their racism, mainly due to the majority being willing to "call out" racist speech and actions, and thus are more careful about the way they express their opinions in public.

Nearly everyone was racist in the 60s. Nothing against them but I wouldn't want one of them moving next door. It would lower the value of the house.

But racism of the 60s was a far cry from the paki bashing ugliness of the 70s, and the British Movement house burning and murder of the 80s . . . .

It is getting less relevant (fewer of them) but more deadly (suicide bombers).

It has gone from a national attitude to an obsession for cranks.

In this case my guess is an older brother or parent has blamed it on the nipper hoping they will get cut some slack because of age. Cowardice. Another hallmark :shrug:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Nearly everyone was racist in the 60s. Nothing against them but I wouldn't want one of them moving next door. It would lower the value of the house.

But racism of the 60s was a far cry from the paki bashing ugliness of the 70s, and the British Movement hous burning and murder of the 80s . . . .

It is getting less relevant (fewer of them) but more deadly (suicide bombers).

It has gone from a national attitude to an obsession for cranks.

In this case my guess is an older brother or parent has blamed it on the nipper hoping they will get cut some slack because of age. Cowardice. Another hallmark :shrug:

Maybe it was the circles you grew up in but from my experience I would say it was quite the opposite! We all knew those who were racists, they made no secret of it, and ignored them - that was the difference, today their behaviour wouldn't be ignored.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

None of those. And your suggestion is part of the problem.

A harsh retribution and all is well. Yet what we see here does not need retribution it needs remedy.

The kid has written some nasty words on a screen. His brain clearly not developed enough to understand that he was quickly traceable. I'd be worried for him actually. Especially given the self righteous pitchfork collective are on their way.

I'm going to offer something different. It's called compassion and correction. It'll do more for him than punishment and more than carrying placards and changing your Facebook profile picture to the darkest shade of black you can find.

Rather than offering up a barrage of angry swipes and returning to see how many Twitter hearts we have, or counting the mounting angry Facebook emojis on your status, everybody makes it their own sin.

Ask yourself what the hidden prejudices in your own life are. The ones left over from your own early indoctrination. Take a look. You'll be disturbed by what you find. And then ask what you can do to correct them.

As regard the latest young felon, what's needed is an opportunity that might serve to help others. Proper education and insight to understand what prejudice is and proper opportunity to make better. His mistake was putting it on a screen, others go unpunished when they spew it in the playground, the pub.. or even the church.

When I was young I had racist attitudes. They were learnt. I had no chance really. And it takes a lifetime to undo that. Thankfully we didn't have the internet then.

So to each their own learning. No amount of medieval retribution will make us more righteous. For a new stream of consciousness to take proper hold folk need to welcome it into their own lives, and that involves painful truths.

Tonight, after the Bournemouth match, the Sky presenters did a little piece on what was said. It was just nauseous condemnation with no insight or attempt to understand. Just noise. The authorities have been acting on this sort of thing for years now yet they seemed to speak of a new dawn.

You change people to change society, not society to change people.

What happened to Zaha was disgusting, but angry emojis and a thousand pitchforks will make no remedy. We need action and new learning in all corners of society, right from an early age.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What an a***hole of a comment. That same generation marched with Martin Luther King to Alabama, faced police baton charges and mounted police in London and Manchester against the South African tours to end apartheid, who were probably far more dedicated to racial equality and harmony, a world where everybody came together in peace and love, than some of today's woke generation and their shallow virtual signalling.
Some of us were fighting prejudice before some of you were born. So kindly, and in the nicest possible way, f*** off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here