Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £115m

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If it's 100 with add ons why is this being reported as a record 115 when Macs Is constantly quoted as a bargain 35?
Either they're 100 and 35 plus add ons or 115 and 55...headlines I guess.
Sky showed Mac's figure as £55m yesterday. Bundling in the add-ons is the norm. So I think you're right. The stance is to fit the chosen story... £35m suits the 'what a bargain for Liverpool' narrative and £115m works for the 'Boehly is an idiot' angle.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
None of the sold players as yet have shown their worth. Nor Potter !! Will Moises be the exception ?? Will his game Blossom and mature at Chelsea ?? He is still only 21 could easily go either way.
£115m, One hell of a gamble for Chelsea.. I think our Poker player as usual has called at exactly the right time !!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This sounds extremely basic but when watching quite a few matches this weekend I was thinking to myself, unless it's an extremely talented winger really and a striker who simply doesn't miss, it's relatively easy to soak up the loss of ONE player out of the 11 in your team. Caicedo is obviously brilliant at what he does but that position can be catered for and it doesn't particularly 'run' the game.

The winger is one of the few positions where the player gets repeated chances to really shine and destroy their opposing number. They have space out there and can isolate a defender, much like Mitoma does. Lose him and I'd be gutted.

So to get 100m+ for that position feels mad when I feel we can cater for the loss.

This isn't re-writing Caicedo's involvement by the way. I wanted to keep him but just watching several matches this weekend, I was keeping an eye on Enzo for example. He had a really good game. No assist. No goal. Didn't stop a key Liverpool moment from what I remember but widely recognised to have played very well.

I guess what I'm saying is, there are actually very few "game changers" in football where the astronomical fees feel justified.

Fun though, innit.

We find the right cogs to fit into the system and others panic and buy our cogs for mad prices.

Think you’re massively under appreciating the work needed to get the wingers in those positions. It doesn’t just happen.

Moises was intrinsic to creating the positions where the winger is one on one. Will be a huge miss. Saturday was the early example where the play happened around our midfield rather than through it.

You saw against Newcastle end of last season what will happen if we go in with as fragile a midfield again better sides.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
None of the sold players as yet have shown their worth. Nor Potter !! Will Moises be the exception ?? Will his game Blossom and mature at Chelsea ?? He is still only 21 could easily go either way.
£115m, One hell of a gamble for Chelsea.. I think our Poker player as usual has called at exactly the right time !!
Ben white looks good value at 50 in this market

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Burn is a regular for a better team than us..White was pretty much ever present for the team coming second last year, and Trossard has been excellent since joining Arsenal. Biss was also MOM this weekend .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder at what point we're deemed to be 'unfair', by either those above or below?

I'm guessing we're currently a lightening in a bottle novelty act.
But if, IF, this is the start of something, a fair few noses are going to be put out of joint.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Aren't the german clubs shirts cheaper than their English counterparts?
Erm, just googled it......no wonder these top clubs have so much money to spend...€100! jaw dropping

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I cant be the only one who is thinking that at some time this morning, Bloom, Barber, Weir were sat in a room looking at each other and Weir saying something along the lines of ".... and then for a joke I said "well £115million, and a sell on clause and he's yours" "

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I cant be the only one who is thinking that at some time this morning, Bloom, Barber, Weir were sat in a room looking at each other and Weir saying something along the lines of ".... and then for a joke I said "well £115million, and a sell on clause and he's yours" "

Yes, you probably are the only one.
Those numbers have been bandied about since Friday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here