Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £100m

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
wasnt the Amex (give or take a few £) about £100 million, Chelsea have already paid that, and are now into the cost of building the acadamy. If they give is £100 million for Moises then they will have paid for both, along with all the improvements!
I thought it was £300m but I stand to be corrected, I maybe thinking of Tony's initial investment prior to achieving Top Tier status, in which case....wahey!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I remember us being in the 1st division when Chelsea were in the 2nd
But in reality we're still quite a long way behind them
One seagull doesn't make a summer and all that
When there comes a time we're buying one of their players for obscene amounts of money
Then perhaps we've caught them up,winning something would help too
Sorry for the sobering assessment
If the PL were a crèche, then I'd say Chelsea would be the brat that never stops crying, always wanting what the other club have.
Growing up into their teenage years, their rich American parent gives them a decent wad of pocket money, and still it's not enough.
Albion being the new kid at school, gets on with things and get full marks, makes friends easily with the foreign students and makes them feel at home.
Chelsea being the class bully, try to pick on Albion, as they're so desperate to have what the Albion have.
Just goes to show, bullies never win......:lol:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I know it kind of doesn't matter but I would love Bloom to clear the 'debt' to himself. it gets rolled out that we are £350m in debt and all the other clubs (and the palace twats) say that we are struggling. I'm sure there are reasons for it on the balance sheet and tax reasons but it would be lovely to get 100% profitable.

el punal

I remember us being in the 1st division when Chelsea were in the 2nd
But in reality we're still quite a long way behind them
One seagull doesn't make a summer and all that
When there comes a time we're buying one of their players for obscene amounts of money
Then perhaps we've caught them up,winning something would help too
Sorry for the sobering assessment
Of course you’re right, however, every dog has its day. We are that dog and this is our day - week, month, year, decade. Woof! Woof!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Just before lockdown, we were at a souk in Agadir, Morocco, when I was accosted by a gentleman in a kaftan trying to sell me a football shirt. 'What team'? he asked
'Brighton and Hove Albion' I replied
He said 'ah' and started rummaging through boxes of non original shirts. Out he popped with...........chelsea!!!!
At the rate we're selling players and staff, this blokes name must've been nostradamus:eek:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I thought it was £300m but I stand to be corrected, I maybe thinking of Tony's initial investment prior to achieving Top Tier status, in which case....wahey!
I think the original cost of the Stadium was quoted at £80 m but that cost gradually crept up to about £100 m and then theres was the training ground of circa £25m followed by extensions and the Women's facility but no idea of the cost of those. Overall I imagine £150 m must have been spent on infrastructure.

Either way if we sell Caicedo to Chelsea they would have more than covered it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here