Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

100 Things you might not know about Nathan Jones

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
His Great Uncle was a butcher and served in the Home Guard during the war. He rose to rank of corporal.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
27. He has never watched any episodes of the avengers although he fancies purdie, especially in her leather cat suit.
28. His hobbies outside football include shaving hamsters and painting smiley faces on the exposed skin.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
29. An anagram of Nathan Jones is Nan Shat One J

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
30. Nathan Jones is a staunch supporter of SWAPO (South West African People's Oganisation) and was one of the main reasons for the re-election of Hifikepunye Pohamba as Prime Minister of Namibia in 2009.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Nathan Jones invented the spork.

I bought a spork today.

When I went to pick up my Click & Collect order from Debenhams I was given a £5 voucher which needed to be used by Xmas Eve, so it was a case of use it immediately or lose it (as there's no way I was returning to town) and so the voucher (plus £3) was exchanged for a spork.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Nathan. At training today. Before he let his haircut grow out.

Buck_The_Character.jpg

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
34. Never forget :
In an interview for the programme at Withdean when asked 'Are you happy here?' he replied 'Until a bigger club come in for me'
Shameful...disgusting that he will be leading OUR team out

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
34. Never forget :
In an interview for the programme at Withdean when asked 'Are you happy here?' he replied 'Until a bigger club come in for me'
Shameful...disgusting that he will be leading OUR team out

You mean when he played for us. Shows ambition. I like that. Ambitious players/managers are winners.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
The big man has gone, lets feel the love for the little man who is going to lead us charging up the table to play off glory. Here's your first ten. 100 may be optimistic.

1) He has been gone too long - that's a phrase you will hear a lot by people who think they are funny. I used it this morning with my girlfriend, she looked at me blankly. It refers to the hit single by The Supremes, released in the Spring of 1971, a song about a woman and her former love Nathan Jones, with the lyrics "Nathan Jones, you've been gone too long."

2) He is rumoured to have slept with Soccer AM's Helen Chamberlain whilst playing for Torquay, however he never played for Torquay. He did play for Yeovil though and that's close enough.

3) Micky Adams thought he was "bigger than that". A reference to when Micky Adams confronted Nathan Jones during a post match interview after Jones play acted and got Joe Ansinyah sent off in a 1-1 draw away to Yeovil in September 2008. Many fans decided he was a **** at that point and have stuck to that view ever since, however now the big man is leading our pack he is clearly the messiah and not a ****.

4) Nathan Jones is only 5ft 7 in, a full inch shorter than Micky Adams, but still one foot taller than Tony Bloom.

5) He was born in Rhonda, Wales, on 28th May 1973. He is 41.

6) He speaks fluent Spanish, having played for Numancia and CD Badajoz 1996-1997.

7) His other clubs include Merthyr Tydfil, Luton Town, Scarborough, Southend, Yeovil and five year years with the Seagulls (2000-2005).

8) He played as a left back who liked to get forward. A bit of a Joe Bennett. He had one trick, a kind of shuffle that is difficult to describe. It looked a bit gay, truth be told, but he beat many a player with it, and it always got a cheer at The Withdean.

9) He is a highly intelligent man and has more coaching badges than you can wave a stick at.

10) He is registered blind. The glasses he wears are two inches thick. He has to stand in the technical area the whole time or else he would get lost. Seriously he is very short sighted, prescription of about 8.

Haha, just brilliant! Unfortunately, as it seems you are an accountant, you will get no more sicophantic platitudes from me as all accountants are scumbags.

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
34. Never forget :

Fortunately his dream came true and he got a move to, err Yeovil.

35. Despite being Welsh, NJ has never been on the little stream train up Snowdon

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Haha, just brilliant! Unfortunately, as it seems you an accountant, you will get no more sicophantic platitudes from me as all accountants are scumbags.

It's an understandable point of view. But I am not your normal accountant.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
39. Nathan Jones has part-ownership of an exotic pet shop in Sidcup. That is to say it's a pet shop which sells exotic pets - the building itself could be described as being quite mundane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here