Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 10 years of Cover versions that absolutely SPANK the originals .......... over to you

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Well that's a good thing. Ignore the term thrash when applied to them. They are so much better than that. For your introduction may I suggest :

The Black Album (Metallica) - The best introduction by means of their most commercial album. It's in the top 20 selling albums of all time for a good reason.

Master of Puppets - Old school Metallica that's a little heavier but with a title track that is a metal classic.

Load - The album that took up a more bluesy guitar tone and they got their hair cut!

S&M1 - A brilliant collaboration with the San Francisco symphony orchestra that put a whole new spin on some of their classic tracks.

Avoid at all costs St Anger! The worst album ever by one of the world's biggest bands. An abomination borne of addiction recovery and navel gazing psycho babble therapy.

Many thanks for that. I now know what to get me for my birthday tomorrow :D

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I wouldn't say it SPANKS the original, but certainly does it justice. Always my "go to" of how covers can be completely acceptable. (As well as pretty much every Johnny Cash cover of someone else).

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Disturbed - Sound of Silence

Great shout. First heard this version a few months ago at 04.30 in the morning, in a dodgy flat in Hastings whilst dealing with a suicidal mental health patient, playing it at full volume. Quite a surreal experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Great shout. First heard this version a few months ago at 04.30 in the morning, in a dodgy flat in Hastings whilst dealing with a suicidal mental health patient, playing it at full volume. Quite a surreal experience.

I can totally understand that whole situation you found yourself in. It’s such a black, dark interpretation that really hits home if life’s not going well, quite unlike the original.

It’s stunning.

(As an aside, hopefully the patient pulled through.)

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I can totally understand that whole situation you found yourself in. It’s such a black, dark interpretation that really hits home if life’s not going well, quite unlike the original.

It’s stunning.

(As an aside, hopefully the patient pulled through.)

She was fine although have had to go back to her since. MH is a huge problem massively underfunded and under resourced especially out of hours. Certainly agree re this track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here