Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10,000 dead in the Philippines after the deadliest typhoon to make landfall.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't send a penny I say. feck em. We have people suffering in this country who need argent help and need help now. Homeless people, OAPs. Lets think about our own instead of other countrys. Let France, Germany etc splash the cash for a change.

As an OAP, I sent £10 this evening via Tearfund. We have food & clean water so we are rich. How much have you given to the homeless this week?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Having watched the news earlier, I think perhaps it's more appropriate to think of it as human suffering, not a question of geography. Horrendous scenes: you'd have to have a heart of stone not to be moved.

The people looting weren't nicking widescreen TVs, for what it's worth. They were taking rice and water and medicines to help their families. When you've little hope of aid arriving quickly, I don't think that's unreasonable. Who here wouldn't do the same in the circumstances (apart from footsoldier who'd be too busy trolling on websites to worry about that sort of thing)?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Having watched the news earlier, I think perhaps it's more appropriate to think of it as human suffering, not a question of geography. Horrendous scenes: you'd have to have a heart of stone not to be moved.

The people looting weren't nicking widescreen TVs, for what it's worth. They were taking rice and water and medicines to help their families. When you've little hope of aid arriving quickly, I don't think that's unreasonable. Who here wouldn't do the same in the circumstances (apart from footsoldier who'd be too busy trolling on websites to worry about that sort of thing)?

they are doing what they need to do to survive....that said anyone who is caught staling Tvs washing machines etc should be identified and nicked later, after all what good is a TV with no house/ electric.

The police there have said they are not stopping people getting food or water but they will stop people taking other things...

Spent an awful lot of time on websites recently!!...our good news came via Facebook, and a neighbour of our niece.

Still have not heard about 2 brothers...

PS Foot solider what a knob........love to see his sort in some kind of distress., he would probably whine like a bitch for help.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Don't send a penny I say. feck em. We have people suffering in this country who need argent help and need help now. Homeless people, OAPs. Lets think about our own instead of other countrys. Let France, Germany etc splash the cash for a change.

There's already been a few "last Posts" this weekend. Looks like your angling for another.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Totally agree with the comments regarding Philippinos, in my experience they are just about the kindest, nicest and happiest people I've ever met. There are a number in my church and I feel really awful as although their closest families are accounted for, many of their wider families and friends are not.

And as for Footsoldier, who in earth would want to have him as a comrade with values life that? Totally lacks humanity.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I think the best thing people could do is to spend £5 or £10 less on Christmas and donate towards the disaster fund. If you can afford it that is.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Too right, I have a mate who can't afford Lambert and Butler any more, and has to roll his own, whereas these let of flipingellinos have loads of trees they can chop down to make homes out of.

Good answer !

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
ALL the children in need money raised this Friday should be used to help those in the Philipines.

Oh, and footsoldier is now on my ignore list.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Was you born an idiot....or did you acquire it as you got older....this country is rich compared to others in the world.
I have a Fillipino pen friend,thankfully she Emailed me this morning to say she was safe...but some of her family are missing...hope you never have to suffer like these lovely people.
PS.Where do you get Argent help.....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

France, Germany and plenty of other places will be splashing the cash alongside us - and quite possibly more generously, just as they take more immigrants than we do, contrary to most people's prejudices.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta

Your comment, Your perverted display picture and your 'I'm really hard, trust me" username says it all, really.

:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here