[News] 1% Pay Rise for Nurses.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
You're missing the point. The wage you get paid is for the job you do. It is not dependent on the number of children you have, or the number of people you are supporting in your household.
If you're lucky enough to earn more than £34K, fine. A lot of people don't; they might deserve it, but ............................

MPs salary 2010 - £65,738
MPs salary 2020 - £81,931

Top of Band 5 Nurse 2010 - £27,534
Top of Band 5 Nurse 2020 - £30,615

I think you're missing the point. ???

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
They won’t wake up...... They know what they vote for.

Agree with this.

This Conservative government (and other recent ones) have never tried to hide what they are.

They are in power because people want what they offer.

Blaming a Tory for cutting NHS salaries is like blaming a lion for eating a zebra

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
MPs salary 2010 - £65,738
MPs salary 2020 - £81,931

I've often wondered if you take the pay incentive out of politics, would you get people who genuinely are doing it for the love of the job?

People seem to be saying that nurses and doctors are in it for the joy of helping people rather than the money so by the same logic you could argue politicians are only doing it for the money.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

worth noting nurses should have moved on from band 5 in a couple of years, there wont be any remaining there for 10 years.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Reading through some of the defences of the Government on here reminds me of a certain former POTUS who claimed he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and people would still vote for him

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
worth noting nurses should have moved on from band 5 in a couple of years, there wont be any remaining there for 10 years.

Worth noting the quoted figure is top of band 5 which will take a nurse a minimum of 4 years to get to that pay point. The entry pay at Band 5 is £24,907.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Frankly anybody that doesn't value our NHS above all else outside of immediate family and friends and next door neighbour and THEIR next door neighbour just doesn't deserve the NHS :tosser:

I'm glad we have the NHS and I wouldn't want to lose it or see it sold off, but let's keep a sense of perspective here. It's a health service not a golden calf on an altar to be worshipped. It's not so perfect it's infallible.

Adoration of the NHS is becoming like a religion substitute for some. A decade or so ago it was the Army, Royal Navy, and RAF that were "our heroes" and worshipped to an unhealthy degree by some. That obsession has now shifted to the NHS.

Appreciate it. Call for higher wages for nurses if you like or more overall spending. But don't drop to your knees and worship it.

DISCLAIMER: The NHS or indeed the armed services aren't Marmite. If someone doesn't think they're perfect, second only to their family, it doesn't mean they hate them and think they do a lousy job and want them sold off to the government's mates for a quick profit. And if that makes me a :tosser: then :shrug:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
All students fund their degree, this one appears to have a job guarantee?[/

Which was my point who wants a job and not feel rewarded. And have to pay for the privilege.

Well whilst what you say would seem reasonable and indeed common sense would correlate with that statement, there’s no shortage of applicants starting the degree courses all of whom know well in advance the salary details and the pitfalls of the profession.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I've often wondered if you take the pay incentive out of politics, would you get people who genuinely are doing it for the love of the job?

People seem to be saying that nurses and doctors are in it for the joy of helping people rather than the money so by the same logic you could argue politicians are only doing it for the money.

Caroline Lucas will tell you she does it for the love of the job[emoji6]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Reading through some of the defences of the Government on here reminds me of a certain former POTUS who claimed he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and people would still vote for him

I haven’t seen a single post that defends the Government on this thread, can you show me an example?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Well whilst what you say would seem reasonable and indeed common sense would correlate with that statement, there’s no shortage of applicants starting the degree courses all of whom know well in advance the salary details and the pitfalls of the profession.

Which would seem a precarious position to put ourselves in with the NHS under massive strain, that we make nursing a profession that perhaps stops attracting very good or enough applicants. As a society the message should surely be; do this course, we really value you and you will be valued. You may feel it is, but as you've illustrated, it is a choice, and we also have less opportunity to top up any shortages from abroad. Feels like a bit of a double whammy.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
When are you going to do everybody a favour and disappear you absolute chuffing idiot.
My sister is a nurse and you could not be more wrong, i believe you are lying and you do not know any nurses personally.
You are a very sick and stupid little man, but getting the attention you so crave, are you really that lonely.
I suppose you also think all that levelling out money going to the Sunack constituency of Richmond is ok or refusing to feed school kids until a footballer says they should or paying someone off because a minister bullied him and broke the code, or breaking international law or killing thousands due to dithering or giving millions to pals in contracts who had no experience and still failed to deliver or giving a contract to a ferry company that didn't have any ferries or saying to nurses there is no money tree (again) and then finding millions for The DUP a week later or sending kids to school for a day or thinking a virus takes time off at Christmas etc etc etc.
Probably all Corbyns fault though.
You are a weapons grade moron.

That reminds me of a joke I heard once,

Corbyn was having a drink with his lover Abbott in a pub one afternoon, the only people who were in the pub were them, landlord and Corbyns dog asleep under their table.

Geezer rushes in excitedly and lifts the tail of Corbyns dog and looks closely underneath.

Landlord demands to know what he’s doing, he replies, “ word on the street is that there is a dog in this pub with two asssholess.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Which would seem a precarious position to put ourselves in with the NHS under massive strain, that we make nursing a profession that perhaps stops attracting very good or enough applicants. As a society the message should surely be; do this course, we really value you and you will be valued. You may feel it is, but as you've illustrated, it is a choice, and we also have less opportunity to top up any shortages from abroad. Feels like a bit of a double whammy.

I wouldn’t argue with that, West Sussex Fire service have their annual new recruits application day today, starting salary 23,366.....

How many applications do you think they’ll get. I’m told over 5,000 each year on a specific day.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

My daughter is one such student. She knows the pitfalls but without her and her fellow nursing students, when you are old and senile and lying in your hospital bed, who’s going to wipe your arse and treat you with compassion as you leave this life?
Of ****ing stupid arguments this has to be the worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports