Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1-1 fair result IMO

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Wilfried has a few moments per game where the whole stadium is amazed by how he managed to beat three defenders with one touch or completely sell a defender and take it the other way before putting in a great cross or shot. Unfortunately for us, there are only a few moments per game where he does this, and he is sometimes quite frustrating.

The reason he is worth so much money is that the amount of magical moments he manages in each game is always increasing, and he looks better every game he plays. Because he is so good at such a young age, his value lies in the fact that at some point he may be able to produce a magical moment more often than that. With the right guidance, I'm sure he will only continue to improve.

Last night there were a few moments where he was clearly the most talented player on the pitch, and a few where he made completely the wrong decision and lost the ball. As he gets older and more experienced, there will be less of the latter and more of the first.

On last night, a draw was a fair result and two terrible refereeing decisions led to two penalties that never should've been given (I am going on hearsay as I couldn't see Wilf's, but Buckley's was never a foul anywhere on the pitch). Referee wasn't great but the linesmen were worse. The standard of officiating in the Championship seems to get worse every week. Overall we're all happy with 4 points against you, but last night really could've gone either way, especially as we were fortunate to finish with 11 men (I think we would've had a red card had your players not gone down so easily)

I will say, however, that CMS looked rubbish and hardly got a kick. Buckley looked very good and scared me every time he got the ball (when he wasn't diving ;)) as did Agdestein (spelling?) who I've never seen before but was good when he came on.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
On the subject of Zaha. A Johnny on the spot type of striker would love playing with him. He looks a threat every time he has the ball and more often than not will beat his man and whip in a dangerous ball low and hard into the box. He does look like a one trick pony at times though with that little inside cut thing he tries just once too often. But a quality player nonetheless.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Got to say on reflection a 1-1 draw was a fair result.
I was desperate not to lose, but came away thinking we should have got more than a point
Both teams at times played some good football, nice one touch passing and good chances on goal.
And both teams played some fairly scrappy footy at times too, but I think we had the best of it despite that git of a ref.
Ours was a stonewall penalty
100% not. Watch the replays.
O well lets look forward to our meetings next season. :kiss::drama:
Indeed, see you then.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
How has [MENTION=22245]CPFC1234[/MENTION] not been banned from here. The bloke talks contsant shit. I get Infractions for the most minor things. Sort it out Bozza ffs

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
the only real chance you had last night from our poor defending (aside from the pen) was from Buckley setting up CMS.
First half your keeper saved one with his legs, not sure who from. We had the odd decent ball across the goal too, but with no one on the end.
First half was very even, a lot of sounding each other out. We were dominating the second half and i was more than confident that we would go on to win after we scored.
I thought we were the better side fist half, and you had a decent spell before your goal, although I never really thought you'd score.
I honestly feel it was a pen
Try watching the replay - no contact at all.
Your pen was never one in a million years, we all know that.
There was a lot more contact than yours.
MOM for me though was Zaha though, he tore you to shreads time and time again. Now you can see why we turned down £7 million on deadline day...
He was good yesterday, but although he beat our players he never got a decent ball to anyone, it was all a waste (apart from the cheating dive). And was a £7m bid confirmed by anyone?
The atmosphere was crap from both sides, didn't really feel like a derby.
It wasn't crap in our stand, plenty of singing all game, it was a good evening.
Still happy that we have taken 4 points from you this year, that gives us some bragging rights.
Yeah a bit, but it'll mainly matter who finishes highest at the end.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
£7m was confirmed by BBC, and a few journalists. Guy from the Mail says it was actually £5m. Not sure who to believe really, but either way - it wasn't enough for Parish.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
Wilfried has a few moments per game where the whole stadium is amazed by how he managed to beat three defenders with one touch or completely sell a defender and take it the other way before putting in a great cross or shot. Unfortunately for us, there are only a few moments per game where he does this, and he is sometimes quite frustrating.

The reason he is worth so much money is that the amount of magical moments he manages in each game is always increasing, and he looks better every game he plays. Because he is so good at such a young age, his value lies in the fact that at some point he may be able to produce a magical moment more often than that. With the right guidance, I'm sure he will only continue to improve.

Last night there were a few moments where he was clearly the most talented player on the pitch, and a few where he made completely the wrong decision and lost the ball. As he gets older and more experienced, there will be less of the latter and more of the first.

On last night, a draw was a fair result and two terrible refereeing decisions led to two penalties that never should've been given (I am going on hearsay as I couldn't see Wilf's, but Buckley's was never a foul anywhere on the pitch). Referee wasn't great but the linesmen were worse. The standard of officiating in the Championship seems to get worse every week. Overall we're all happy with 4 points against you, but last night really could've gone either way, especially as we were fortunate to finish with 11 men (I think we would've had a red card had your players not gone down so easily)

I will say, however, that CMS looked rubbish and hardly got a kick. Buckley looked very good and scared me every time he got the ball (when he wasn't diving ;)) as did Agdestein (spelling?) who I've never seen before but was good when he came on.

Zaha is a very, very good player .. I think everyone agrees on that. Why, oh why, then does he have to dive so much? Unbelievable how the ref fell for his blatant cheating time & time again.
Granted Buckley took a dive for our penalty but that evened out yours 10 mins earlier. Both definately not penalties as proved on TV highlights.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Got to say on reflection a 1-1 draw was a fair result.

Both teams at times played some good football, nice one touch passing and good chances on goal.

Ours was a stonewall penalty, could not really see the foul for yours although the ref took an age to point to the spot :shrug:, was pretty poor from us though as we had chances to clear the ball out.

O well lets look forward to our meetings next season. :kiss::drama:
Maybe, but my underlying feeling after the match was one of disappointment. 1-1 was ok, but we could have won it.

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
Zaha is a very, very good player .. I think everyone agrees on that. Why, oh why, then does he have to dive so much? Unbelievable how the ref fell for his blatant cheating time & time again.
Granted Buckley took a dive for our penalty but that evened out yours 10 mins earlier. Both definately not penalties as proved on TV highlights.

I have mentioned this in the last 3 months Zaha needs to cut out all the arm waving of his "innocence" but hes a kid who has the crowd on his side, silly booking as well, he does get caught a lot he has very quick feet and changes direction a lot which catches out defenders, if he carrys on moaning he will end up like Andy (never gets a penalty) Johnson

The effort where it came off of Jules legs was CMS, but he knew as much about it as Speroni :)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Sometimes he goes down easily and wins fouls. Most games he gets the shit kicked out of him and doesn't get anything. The referee actually gave him a bit of protection last night, because your defenders couldn't cope and just decided to kick him and go in for two-footed challenges.

Most referees don't care about him because he shows off and takes the piss before getting clattered. He'll grow out of it unless he moves to the Premiership in the summer, where he'll get a lot more protection from the ref.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here