Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1-1 fair result IMO

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Got to say on reflection a 1-1 draw was a fair result.

Both teams at times played some good football, nice one touch passing and good chances on goal.

Ours was a stonewall penalty, could not really see the foul for yours although the ref took an age to point to the spot :shrug:, was pretty poor from us though as we had chances to clear the ball out.

O well lets look forward to our meetings next season. :kiss::drama:

Wonbrow

Aug 17, 2011
Agreed, we started the game well and finished very strongly, which was pleasing considering you didn't play at the weekend.

You had the bit in the middle. Fair result and I've broken my away duck, seen us score and get a point!!

A point a piece about fair - but Speroni had to make two great saves - one from CMS in first half and late on from Calderon long range . Think we shaded it.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
:tosser:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Got to say on reflection a 1-1 draw was a fair result.

Both teams at times played some good football, nice one touch passing and good chances on goal.

Ours was a stonewall penalty, could not really see the foul for yours although the ref took an age to point to the spot :shrug:, was pretty poor from us though as we had chances to clear the ball out.

O well lets look forward to our meetings next season. :kiss::drama:

Ours was never a pen. Lino gave it.

Can't comment on yours - looked soft too.

Thought we were the better side - you lot looked very leggy at the end - only one team going for the win.

Please sort out the Arthur Wait - it's a disgrace.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Couldn`t see us coming back after they went one up as they were dominating so was pleasantly surprised that we dominated last twenty minutes and they were hanging on.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Yep, fair result. Both teams matched each other all over the pitch really. First half was pretty even, Palace started the second half much better, we finished it much stronger. Both pens looked like clear dives. Ref seemed to give Palace a lot of freekicks for not too much but we did seem to lose our heads in the run up to the first penalty, giving away a lot of niggly fouls.

The double subsitution from Poyet was absolutely spot on and changed the tide of the game. Toby looked great again and Vokes had a decent start.

All in all a good night and we're still 4 points clear and have a game at Anfield to look forward too. Marvellous stuff

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND
Ours was never a pen. Lino gave it.

Can't comment on yours - looked soft too.

Thought we were the better side - you lot looked very leggy at the end - only one team going for the win.

Please sort out the Arthur Wait - it's a disgrace.

I Thought you lot would of Been more than comfortable in the Arthur considering what youve played in, the Goldstone and Withdump.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'd agree - probably a fair result. I couldn't see either incident for the penalties thanks to pillars in the Arthur Waite, but other than those there was hardly a shot on goal from either side. We might've nicked it at the end though.

Ref was terrible.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yeah I thought the ref had a poor game!!!
and the lino our side too - they seemed to be giving decisions at random , very weird night - possibly too bigger game for him

agree point a fair result.

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
A fair result - just. I think Palace's brand of football is poor. It is all run through Zaha. We on the other hand had them in our back pocket defensively. We also looked great on the ball and quick in our passing and movement. I love the way we are spreading the ball about these days! Two penalties were both debatable. Referee and the linesman nearest us 2nd half had shockers.

Nutter

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
A fair result - just. I think Palace's brand of football is poor. It is all run through Zaha. We on the other hand had them in our back pocket defensively. We also looked great on the ball and quick in our passing and movement. I love the way we are spreading the ball about these days! Two penalties were both debatable. Referee and the linesman nearest us 2nd half had shockers.

Nutter

I think we do rely on Zaha a lot at the moment but that is because Williams is out injured. Once he's back, you will see a different Palace i can assure you, he drives us forward in a way that none of our other players can and adds a new dimension to our game, much like the side that turned up to yours in September. I think in the summer we will look to buy some more attacking players as clearly our defence is excellent, the only real chance you had last night from our poor defending (aside from the pen) was from Buckley setting up CMS. The other decent effort was a long way out (still a great strike by Calderon)

My take on last night is that it was a very fair result in the end. First half was very even, a lot of sounding each other out. We were dominating the second half and i was more than confident that we would go on to win after we scored. I honestly feel it was a pen, Zaha did your guy but the fact he went down like a sack of spuds prob makes it look like he dived. But the leg of your player certainly caught him. Your pen was never one in a million years, we all know that.

I thought Buckley was your best player by a mile, he really looks a talent. MOM for me though was Zaha though, he tore you to shreads time and time again. Now you can see why we turned down £7 million on deadline day...

The atmosphere was crap from both sides, didn't really feel like a derby. I think that was due to the freezing cold conditions and also the fact our lot are still on a downer from Cardiff last week.

Still happy that we have taken 4 points from you this year, that gives us some bragging rights. But you're above us in the league at the mo so you have that. Think we will both miss out on the play offs and finish around 9th-12th. I think given the cup runs added to this, we would both of been happy with that at the start of the season.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I think we do rely on Zaha a lot at the moment but that is because Williams is out injured. Once he's back, you will see a different Palace i can assure you, he drives us forward in a way that none of our other players can and adds a new dimension to our game, much like the side that turned up to yours in September. I think in the summer we will look to buy some more attacking players as clearly our defence is excellent, the only real chance you had last night from our poor defending (aside from the pen) was from Buckley setting up CMS. The other decent effort was a long way out (still a great strike by Calderon)

My take on last night is that it was a very fair result in the end. First half was very even, a lot of sounding each other out. We were dominating the second half and i was more than confident that we would go on to win after we scored. I honestly feel it was a pen, Zaha did your guy but the fact he went down like a sack of spuds prob makes it look like he dived. But the leg of your player certainly caught him. Your pen was never one in a million years, we all know that.

I thought Buckley was your best player by a mile, he really looks a talent. MOM for me though was Zaha though, he tore you to shreads time and time again. Now you can see why we turned down £7 million on deadline day...
The atmosphere was crap from both sides, didn't really feel like a derby. I think that was due to the freezing cold conditions and also the fact our lot are still on a downer from Cardiff last week.

Still happy that we have taken 4 points from you this year, that gives us some bragging rights. But you're above us in the league at the mo so you have that. Think we will both miss out on the play offs and finish around 9th-12th. I think given the cup runs added to this, we would both of been happy with that at the start of the season.
I don't agree with you, he struggles with the final pass and very rarely takes an easy option, he dances about too much and wastes the ball, he is far too greedy and not exactly prolific in frony of goal, has far too much learning to do before he is worth 7 million in my book. I would have snapped Boltons arm off for that after last night. Yes he has magic and flare but no final product to back it up. O and all that waving his arms about for 5 minutes because he got booked made him look a prat - he needs to grow up too. I do like him but please get a grip Wilf!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't agree with you, he struggles with the final pass and very rarely takes an easy option, he dances about too much and wastes the ball, he is far too greedy and not exactly prolific in frony of goal, has far too much learning to do before he is worth 7 million in my book. I would have snapped Boltons arm off for that after last night. Yes he has magic and flare but no final product to back it up. O and all that waving his arms about for 5 minutes because he got booked made him look a prat - he needs to grow up too. I do like him but please get a grip Wilf!

I thought Zaha looked quality in the first half, but apart from 'winning' the penalty, he seemed to disappear for most of the 2nd half.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I thought Zaha looked quality in the first half, but apart from 'winning' the penalty, he seemed to disappear for most of the 2nd half.
He was, did my nut in the 2nd apart from link up with Clyne for a 5 min spell he went AWOL.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
On the balance of play, I'd agree that the draw was a fair result. Fairly even 1st half, you dominated early in the 2nd half, we dominated the last 20 odd minutes.

The fact that it was 14 v 11 in your favour the whole game though means we done well to come away with a point :wink: Yes, one lino gave us a debatable pen to even up the poor decision the other end, but for the rest of the game he was a homer just like his two mates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here