Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1,000 tickets for Donny fans (initial allocation)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is the threshold, that allows home fans to go into segregated parts of the South Stand? 1,000 or is it more?

Do we know if segregated fans would share bars / toilets etc at half time?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What is the threshold, that allows home fans to go into segregated parts of the South Stand? 1,000 or is it more?

Do we know if segregated fans would share bars / toilets etc at half time?

I believe the stand can be split in half with separate facilities on the either side of the partition.
I doesn't have to be a straight 50/50 spilt (or 45/45 when you take into account seats lost for segregation) - I imagine it could be 50/40 either way but not much more than that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surely it just means their club only wanted to buy 1000 off us initially, see how they go before committing to all? Not sure of the protocol, but I know some home clubs ask for cash up front / no returns on tickets from the visiting team

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe the stand can be split in half with separate facilities on the either side of the partition.
I doesn't have to be a straight 50/50 spilt (or 45/45 when you take into account seats lost for segregation) - I imagine it could be 50/40 either way but not much more than that.

Cheers

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Have you actually read that thread? Half of them seem to hate us!

half being one or two. mislead i think by reading the rivals type forums
Last time I read about our game with them and the significance of our game with them .........there were 2 yes 2 posts on the subject.

clearly not been here. this comes up in another thread, seems the typical rivals/fansnet forum posters are a bunch of muppets and give clubs bad names.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have you actually read that thread? Half of them seem to hate us!

Yes I have. Have you?

I said most and most of them do like us. Half?

Does the South stand not hold 2500?

I know that by offering 1000, we keep open the option of segregating and offering extra home tix, but why 1000. Surely half would be nearer 1200. Surely we only need to lose 100 seats in Tarpooling? Not 500!

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Normally, segregation required a few columns of seats empty (where the actual segregation is) so the capacity, so if there was for example 8 columns (26 rows) that's 208 unusable seats leaving 2300 seats. Half that is 1150 seats. The unused columns can probably be moved depending on sales.

Apart from that, 1000 is a round number and they probably sell in batches. i.e. oppo can buy 500/1000/1500/2000/whole end.

"Ask the club" if you really need to know.

The less the oppo need, the more general sales for Albion fans. If they sell these regularly, there's more backup for upping the capacity.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011

Unbelievable! Why are some folks determined to stir up hatred where none exists?
Most Rovers fans are really looking forward to the day and take pride in the history thing. HATE?!!!! Where did that come from?

Of course we want to beat you. Of course we know youre a good side and will be up for it. Of course there are one or two who dont remember (or havent been reminded of) the dark days. They wont regard this as anything other than another game.
Of course there are a few numpties on both sides, who'll talk about "Northern cnuts", or "Southern Shandies"... but most of us are well above the xenophobia stuff.

Hope the few dont spoil it for the rest of us.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unbelievable! Why are some folks determined to stir up hatred where none exists?
Most Rovers fans are really looking forward to the day and take pride in the history thing. HATE?!!!! Where did that come from?

Of course we want to beat you. Of course we know youre a good side and will be up for it. Of course there are one or two who dont remember (or havent been reminded of) the dark days. They wont regard this as anything other than another game.
Of course there are a few numpties on both sides, who'll talk about "Northern cnuts", or "Southern Shandies"... but most of us are well above the xenophobia stuff.

Hope the few dont spoil it for the rest of us.

I was agreeing with you mate.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Basically if Donny sell their initial 1,000 allocation and ask for more tickets there WILL BE NO SEGREGATION of the South Stand. The South Stand can be split down the middle using a metal roller barrier , plus separate entrances , toilets and catering for home and away fans on the concourse.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Basically if Donny sell their initial 1,000 allocation and ask for more tickets there WILL BE NO SEGREGATION of the South Stand. The South Stand can be split down the middle using a metal roller barrier , plus separate entrances , toilets and catering for home and away fans on the concourse.

This is true but they can vary the placement of the partition in the sears slightly. So if Donny only sold any additional 250 seats we could still have the rest of the stand (less segregation).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here