Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

0845 numbers from mobiles

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
i saw a post on here earlier moaning about mobile phone charges when stuck in the ticket office queue - can't find the thread now!

I have a company mobile where all calls to landlines starting 01 or 02 are free and we are allowed to use this as much as we like for personal use, which as its free is very kind of them!

I saw this on here last year so can't take any credit for it but go to the website SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers and you can search for the alternative proper landline number - the ticket office is on there!

This was probably one of the most useful bits of info I got last year so thanks to whoever posted it.

This is not a moan about the ticket office by the way, I realise 0845 numbers are designed so its local call rates whereever you phone from, but mobile companies don't have the same policy and rip the arse out of it as most companies/businesses have 0845 numbers.

:amex:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Nice one. Just got my banks number on that site and it works! Mobile companies really do take the piss with this especially if you are on a pretty big contract.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
0845 numbers in their previous guise as 0345 were set up as local call rate , the company receiving the call paying the difference. Due to tarriff changes in local and national calls these numbers became low-call rate so if you called from a landline the call was cost neutral to the company answering the call. The reason why calling these numbers from a mobile is expensive is the termination rates that have been agreed for delivering the call over the mobile network and on to its destination. Ofcom has plans to enforce the mobile network operators to make 0800 calls from a mobile free of charge but this wont occur until 2012.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
I seem to remember there is an iphone app along these lines when i was browsing the app store. (useful if you have an iphone)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here