Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour Bloom preparing to sell club

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Didn't Bloom have a large bet that the Albion would reach the Premier league by 12/13 or 13/14.

Since this hasn't happened, he will have lost a pretty hefty stake, which he may have been counting on to "buy out" his financial backers. Or there may have been some kind of Option deal.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A thread with so far , no facts, links or anything that adds to the original "rumour". A rumour thats being doing the rounds for years.
No real insight into the size of TB's fortune, any real motivation for him wanting to sell either now, next season or when.
Extremely tenious links with a rich Australian (he and TB both spend some time in Australia and have/had betting businesses! and er, thats it) but beyond that nothing that suggests he has any links with football (he loves Polo), TB, or any motivation or business reason for him to buy a football club now or whenever.

And still this nonsense goes on. and on.
This is the man who only a week ago addressed 500 fans about his plans for the season, probably on his way now on the train to the match tonight, and has links with the club going back 40 years.

I'm not naive and TB won't own the club forever. One day that time will come and i hope there's a proper succession plan.

But the implication running through this thread that he's invested £200m to create a sustainable top level club but wants to sell up and put everything at risk because the motive was financial all along (even if the business reasons for this are never actually stated) is not only unlikely but frankly insulting to every fan on here including Bloom himself.

Can we give it a rest ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A thread with so far , no facts, links or anything that adds to the original "rumour". A rumour thats being doing the rounds for years.
No real insight into the size of TB's fortune, any real motivation for him wanting to sell either now, next season or when.
Extremely tenious links with a rich Australian (he and TB both spend some time in Australia and have/had betting businesses! and er, thats it) but beyond that nothing that suggests he has any links with football (he loves Polo), TB, or any motivation or business reason for him to buy a football club now or whenever.

This is the man who only a week ago addressed 500 fans about his plans for the season, probably on his way now on the train to the match tonight, and has links with the club going back 40 years.

I'm not naive and TB won't own the club forever. One day that time will come and i hope there's a proper succession plan.

But the implication running through this thread that he's invested £200m to create a sustainable top level club but wants to sell up and put everything at risk because the motive was financial all along (even if the business reasons for this are never actually stated) is not only unlikely but frankly insulting to every fan on here including Bloom himself.

Can we give it a rest ?

I think you are taking this thread far too seriously because it doesn't look like anyone else is. It's just a hypothetical discussion about the future of our club :shrug:

I think the thread that you want is the "The person above you's avatar" one. :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a load of ****ing shit.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think you are taking this thread far too seriously because it doesn't look like anyone else is. It's just a hypothetical discussion about the future of our club :shrug:

I sadly take far too much of NSC far too seriously :) but fair play there's an element of this in the 150+ posts.
Too scared to join on the avatar thread. Given that i seem to be the only person with my actual , now a fair bit out of date, photo.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014

Can we give it a rest ?

Dude, chill!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Australian media have now picked up on this - anything with a Packer involvement gets their juices running.
Sydney radio station, 2UE, have just run the story this morning.
They must have Google even in the far-flung outposts of empire.....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Australian media have now picked up on this - anything with a Packer involvement gets their juices running.
Sydney radio station, 2UE, have just run the story this morning.

And still it goes on. The Oz media are interested in James Packer at the moment but only because of rumours of an affair with model Miranda Kerr. This is what is being discussed on Sydney radio etc.
Obviously not his affairs with the Albion because there aren't any...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And still it goes on. The Oz media are interested in James Packer at the moment but only because of rumours of an affair with model Miranda Kerr. This is what is being discussed on Sydney radio etc.
Obviously not his affairs with the Albion because there aren't any...

Never mind all that [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] Where's the Leeds cup final BUZZFEED!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here