Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I can’t think of anything more democratic than going though the British parliamentary gears and passing legislation. You have your country back. You have regained control. This is exactly how it works.

Brexiteers: We want to take back control of our laws and policies!

Brexiteers: No, not like that

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Dominic Cummings' views on a second referendum, interview in the Economist, 2016.

BAGEHOT: In the event of an Out vote do you think the government would seek to hold another referendum, on the terms of Brexit?

DOMINIC CUMMINGS: I think that is a distinct possibility, yes. It’s obviously not something that we can force. We’re a campaign group. But I think it is perfectly possible that leadership candidates to replace David Cameron will say that they think there are good grounds for a new government team to offer the public a voice on what the deal looks like. And we obviously wouldn’t oppose that, if that’s what senior politicians want to offer. I think there’s a strong democratic case for it.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The Commons are proud to present their new 1945 demob suit range, as modelled here by the couldn't give a flying **** RT. HON. Jacob Rees-Mogg

$KKNEJR70.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
...by legal means.

They're not trying to shut down parliament because parliament finds their conduct unpalatable, like General f*cking Pinochet might. They're not expelling MPs for rebelling, despite hypocritically doing the same themselves THREE TIMES in the 3 years beforehand.

You're very good at dishing out this bollocks. Bet you won't explain why it's OK for Boris to banish his MPs for voting against him despite not voting for the withdrawal agreement himself three times prior.

You mean prorogue parliament by legal means which has precedent, when did Pinochet do that?

MP's rebel on specific issues all the time and are not thrown out of their party. MP's that vote to hand the power of the executive to their opponents who want to legislate to order the government to act against it's stated policies is obviously on a completely different level.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seems there’s going to be quite a few new Tory candidates at the next election. Which does beg the question what sort of person would now volunteer to represent that bunch of *****? In my mind I imagine similar to the weirdos that put themselves forwards to be football referees.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Seems there’s going to be quite a few new Tory candidates at the next election. Which does beg the question what sort of person would now volunteer to represent that bunch of *****? In my mind I imagine similar to the weirdos that put themselves forwards to be football referees.

Well I would think it would be a great opportunity for [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION]. (Although they may have to make up their minds whether they want a 'good deal' or a 'no deal' first) :wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have just read that Sir Nicholas Soames had already decided not to stand at the next GE. so I will leave him to rest with his conscience after voting against the government. In fairness he has been a very helpful MP to many but I still think that his actions are a disgrace.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have just read that Sir Nicholas Soames had already decided not to stand at the next GE. so I will leave him to rest with his conscience after voting against the government. In fairness he has been a very helpful MP to many but I still think that his actions are a disgrace.

So you are not going to e-mail him now. I bet he will sleep easier knowing that :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Corrected for accuracy

Editing other people's posts again after the last time ? Surely not ???

So

So which are you backing today, the 'good deal' lie or the 'no deal' lie ?

It's just that you've always claimed 'no deal' was a negotiating position to get you your 'good deal'. But since you now understand that you have no idea what a 'good deal' looks like, and while Johnson seems incapable of actually outlining a proposal to put to the EU to begin negotiations on his 'good deal', it must be a fairly confusing time for you :lolol:

Any Idea ?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here