Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the love of god please go for it Saturday.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Won't be able to leave early, as taking the Coach up!

Anyway I think the game plan will be to try and suffocate the game completely so that it ends up on penalties, if it does that increases our odds of going through.

Let's face it, it's not going to be pretty watching unless your a Man City fan.

In the cold light of day I am questioning why I've paid out £300 to go to the game when it's on BBC1 where I could have switched it off when we're 3-0 down with 10 min to go.

But then I remember this is only the second FA Cup Semi Final EVER that little old Brighton have been in, and I wouldn't wish to be anywhere else apart of singing MY FU*KIN GUTS OUT for the LADS! C'MON LETS DO THIS!!!!!
Don't forget that we have a 100% record for FA Cup semi-finals.:albion2:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Anybody hoping we “go for it” will be happier not reading CH’s pre match comments today.

The bus will be parked.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anybody hoping we “go for it” will be happier not reading CH’s pre match comments today.

The bus will be parked.
He's spot on though. We will get smashed even trying to go toe to toe with them. Try and stay with them, concentrate on set piece chances and who knows.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
If we go toe to toe with city on that big Wembley pitch we will get hammered. Unlike most of you who seem to want to see us lose with a bit of effort I want to see us win and reach the final. Our only hope of doing that is keeping it tight and stealing a goal on the break or from a set piece.

I get that last night was poor but the tactics above very nearly worked at Anfield and Old Trafford.

A pedant writes.

The Wembley pitch is actually smaller than the Amex, 105 m x 68 m vs 105 m x 69 m

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I hope I am not sitting near any moaners.

A great day which I am going to enjoy, no matter the result.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The 2nd sentence is rather long.

Let's analyze that second sentence.

Is there any stock in just waiting for the inevitable on Saturday when it’s a game that we can actually try and score away from home , absolutely not, ffs let players express themselves going forward please Mr Hughton it simply doesn’t matter if we lose 6-0 having a good bloody go and give the supporters something to get vocally behind , because frankly this defend until the other team score stuff away from home stinks - doesn’t work - and is taking the piss out of fans that follow the team away , it’s a one off and for us to just turn up and amble around for 90 minutes gagging for a shirt swap at the end doesn’t sit comfortably with me at all , we have one shot at this , let’s not read at the end of it we had one shot on goal !

My thought is this sentence could be broken down into roughly 8 sentences.

1. Is there any stock in just waiting for the inevitable on Saturday when it’s a game that we can actually try and score away from home , {question asked}

2. absolutely not, {and answered}

3. ffs let players express themselves going forward please {pleading for change}

4. Mr Hughton it simply doesn’t matter if we lose 6-0 having a good bloody go and give the supporters something to get vocally behind , because frankly this defend until the other team score stuff away from home stinks {observation and proclamation}

5. doesn’t work {proclamation of result}

6. is taking the piss out of fans that follow the team away {observation of people participating}

7. it’s a one off and for us to just turn up and amble around for 90 minutes gagging for a shirt swap at the end doesn’t sit comfortably with me at all {proclamation, observation of actions, personal reaction to actions}

8. we have one shot at this , let’s not read at the end of it we had one shot on goal ! {observation of circumstances, pleading for outcome with measured result}

Well, you did say to pick holes all I like. And I know it won't change your feelings about your rant. I'm sure it was cathartic for you.

Pick holes all you like it will not alter how I feel about my rant !

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Wigan have shown how to beat Citeh at Wembley in the cup :lolol:

View attachment 107117

Wigan 1 - 0 Man City

Those stats are from last year's tie at the DW Stadium.

Wigan scored their winner at Wembley in 2013 from a corner.

I can't remember much else from the game but the BBC website says this:

Roberto Martinez's side produced a performance full of attacking intent and verve to fully deserve this historic win against firm pre-match favourites City, who had Pablo Zabaleta sent off six minutes from time.

Substitute Watson, who has missed much of the season after breaking his leg in November, sent Wigan's fans into ecstasy with a near-post header from Shaun Maloney's corner at the very moment the board went up to signal three minutes of stoppage time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22409634

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Albion not expected to get anything out of the game !

Thinking about it from our players' perspective, I can only wish that CH's set up will at least allow the team to benefit from and enjoy the experience !

That will not be achieved with a backs to the wall strategy from the first minute forward, tactics can be changed etc.. So hope at least that 14 of ours will have the experience and pleasure of playing at Wembley and accordingly derive some benefit. That we will at least use our subs., some time in advance of the usual 70/80 minutes or not at all time, would be something of a result !

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Saturdays tactics will be 6-3—————1

Keep it tight , when in possession pass it around the back four until closed down then Duffy can hoof it to Murray who will be either

A. Nowhere near it

B. Nod it on to one of their centre halves

It’s going to be a classic in the making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missed out the off side option............

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Oh come on guys: not only is it just a two horse race but its also eleven against eleven. And didn't City lose to Newcastle, of all teams, recently?

The only thing that worries me is the managers comments: 'A slim chance'. Indeed. Now tomorrow morning I've got to op down to the book shop, buy all the managerment motivation books they have and post 'em off to CH. This simply isn't good enough - and neither are his tactics, his team selection and clearly his motivational talents. Saturday was a disgrace and last night an embarrassment. I went to Highbury in '83 and Wembley twice. No-one gave us a chance then, either. If he can manage to sort the midfield out (and maybe rest Duffy who I thought was poor last wekend) and play two up front then there just might be something different from all your gloomy predictions.

Hell, I hope so. I've sprung £20 on Betfair...

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Go for it? God, we'll get taken apart. Best I'm hoping for is keep it tight until Glenn shins in a goal on 83 minutes, Duffy and Dunk the throw themselves in front of a torrent of shots for the last ten minutes and miraculously we are through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here