Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Leaving Neverland- Michael Jackson documentary

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Different case altogether. The police were pretty complicit in keeping it quiet and most of the people coming out after his death were after nothing but the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I am no Jackson sympathiser and the guy was totally strange. I don't doubt that he did commit crimes that didn't get a full airing but from what I've seen of this it seems to be less a search for the truth and more like setting up a compo claim. Especially as the very people saying how bad he was actually defended him at his trial.

Maybe, maybe not. The documentary maker states they weren't being paid for their part in it. I guess like all historic abuse allegations, there are only ever two people who know the truth. They usually get to it by the fact that small details, that could only be known to those involved, are alarmingly similar for all complainants. That's how Rolf Harris got convicted, because there were distinct patterns in the details of his behaviour with more than one victim.

However. If you had a nine year old son, would you have been happy letting him sleep in Michael Jackson's bed?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He was completely nuts and had issues but not like Savile and Glitter etc.

I have no idea what this doc will tell us but he probably preferred spending time with kids because they weren't complete ********s to him and didn't take the piss.

D

Deleted member 2719

There is not many people you are glad to see the back of in life, Jackson was one IMO.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think the thing for me was the total willingness of many people to accept the Jackson side's argument that his behaviour could be explained by the fact that he was just a fragile, sweet Peter Pan sort of figure. There was never any denial on his part that those kids were sleeping in his bed, but even their parents (not to mention his hangers on) seemed perfectly happy to put it down to his supposed boy-who-never-grew-up personality.

Imagine your 40 something next door neighbour asks your nine year old son to stay overnight, and then tells you they're going to be sharing a bed, because he's just "childlike". Is anybody going to go "Yeah, go for it: but no fizzy drinks after 8pm!"?

This, cannot agree more. Why do people (fans in particular) justify him sharing a bed with young children just because he is misunderstood and never grew up, that is utter nonsense. Would that argument be acceptable for anyone else? Don't worry about Dave at number 62, he does share his bed with kids but he is just a little misunderstood, nothing to worry about.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I appreciate that Policing can be a difficult job and people do well to cover their tracks but Jackson spent years hiding in plain sight. Kids in the same bed, fairground in the garden and a truck load of money poured out to keep things quiet. He only needed to change his name to Noncey Mcnonceface for a full set. The Sweeney would have nicked him in the 1st 10 minutes of an episode in an open and shut case before retiring down the boozer.

Whilst some may think I'm over simplifying things, I'll see if I can dig out the article where kids had identified unique marks on what could only be termed private areas of Jackson's body.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This, cannot agree more. Why do people (fans in particular) justify him sharing a bed with young children just because he is misunderstood and never grew up, that is utter nonsense. Would that argument be acceptable for anyone else? Don't worry about Dave at number 62, he does share his bed with kids but he is just a little misunderstood, nothing to worry about.

Lovely bloke, Dave! He's the Peter Pan of the neighbourhood. Sure, he has a playground in his back garden, a PS4 with 500 games, an ice cream van on the drive and a pet orang-utan called Schmubbles, but he just childlike and innocent. Why wouldn't we let the kids stay over in his one bedroom house?

Also- to the poster who suggested certain elements of society knowingly protected Savile- surely the same is true of Jackson's many hangers on? Let's take the "childlike" theory at face value. Did not ONE single person in his vast entourage think to suggest to him that sharing his bed with young boys might leave him open to accusations, or gold diggers? Were they all so afraid of losing their place in the giant hierarchy of ladder-climbing flunkeys that they couldn't even bring themselves to upset the status quo (and heaven knows, maybe save some children from a lifetime of despair) by mentioning it?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Jackson was about the same age as me, I always thought that if I was in the same position as him and entirely innocent, if some chancer tried to blackmail me by making false child abuse accusations , my reply wouldn’t be to give them 23 million dollars.
That for me, was what convinced me he had a case to answer.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Jackson was about the same age as me, I always thought that if I was in the same position as him and entirely innocent, if some chancer tried to blackmail me by making false child abuse accusations , my reply wouldn’t be to give them 23 million dollars.
That for me, was what convinced me he had a case to answer.

Hardly big bucks in context, you're talking about 5% of his net worth.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Lovely bloke, Dave! He's the Peter Pan of the neighbourhood. Sure, he has a playground in his back garden, a PS4 with 500 games, an ice cream van on the drive and a pet orang-utan called Schmubbles, but he just childlike and innocent. Why wouldn't we let the kids stay over in his one bedroom house?

Also- to the poster who suggested certain elements of society knowingly protected Savile- surely the same is true of Jackson's many hangers on? Let's take the "childlike" theory at face value. Did not ONE single person in his vast entourage think to suggest to him that sharing his bed with young boys might leave him open to accusations, or gold diggers? Were they all so afraid of losing their place in the giant hierarchy of ladder-climbing flunkeys that they couldn't even bring themselves to upset the status quo (and heaven knows, maybe save some children from a lifetime of despair) by mentioning it?

Do you know if the parents of these alleged victims are going to be charged in some way? Surely they’re complicit if Jackson was guilty-of? I don’t know how anyone could let their kids sleep with a celebrity or even stay over for that matter. It’s all very very strange. How on earth could the many persons involved let it happen?! The guy was clearly nuts and that’s before you get into nonce territory.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Still an awful lot of money to give away, IF ( big if) you’re innocent.

Even his sister said he was a nonce.

To you and I sure. Did you not see the doc with Bashir, he was throwing money around like it was nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm undecided on his nonce rating, the dude was pretty screwed up overall.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Read somewhere once that old man Jackson used to pimp his children out to businessmen, Michael included, if true would account for his behaviour later in life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here