Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lack of squad quality

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know we must be over react over one game, but if we look at the season as a whole, we have flattered to deceive all over the place.

I know people shouldn't pick on players, but if the Iranian fella is worth 17 million, then football in my eyes has died . He is really dreadful. The team just didn't have a clue today and was it just 2 shots on target...? Locadia' tame effort and Montoya' s one that hit the bar ( which I thought was a cross)

If Cardiff beat Chelsea tomorrow, this board could go into meltdown.

We had winnable games

Burnley"........shocking performance
Southampton....shocking performance

Newcastle
Cardiff
Bournemouth

That is now it apart from wolves...all the rest are infinitely loseable.

If I was a betting man I reckon we are evens to stay up.

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
Big improvements need to be made too the squad this summer. There is pl quality there in Dunk, Ryan, Bernardo, Propper, Bissouma, Andone and arguably izzy and gross but other than it is Championship quality.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
There’s quality in our squad relative to our status and position in the leagues. Unfortunately, today was another sign that they’re just not being used correctly; tactically Hughton was embarrassed by a man relatively new to our league. I’d also have to question what he’s seeing within games because his changes just didn’t match up to what was needed at all.

That this is a trend across a whole season is the biggest worry.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Tuesday 16th April 7.45 ..Cardiff at home...... A must win ! certainly if we lose to Bournemouth !

Warnock will have his team primed to kick the shit out of our players, waste time, give loads of verbals, cheat wherever they can etc etc etc. In other words it will be the ugliest game of the whole season, they will be massively up for it and we won't and we really do not like playing teams that come at us spitting and kicking. Do not rely on this game for 3 points.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Big improvements need to be made too the squad this summer. There is pl quality there in Dunk, Ryan, Bernardo, Propper, Bissouma, Andone and arguably izzy and gross but other than it is Championship quality.
Based on recent performances I would not include Propper in that list

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I know we must be over react over one game, but if we look at the season as a whole, we have flattered to deceive all over the place.

I know people shouldn't pick on players, but if the Iranian fella is worth 17 million, then football in my eyes has died . He is really dreadful. The team just didn't have a clue today and was it just 2 shots on target...? Locadia' tame effort and Montoya' s one that hit the bar ( which I thought was a cross)

If Cardiff beat Chelsea tomorrow, this board could go into meltdown.

We had winnable games

Burnley"........shocking performance
Southampton....shocking performance

Newcastle
Cardiff
Bournemouth

That is now it apart from wolves...all the rest are infinitely loseable.

If I was a betting man I reckon we are evens to stay up.
Congratulations on a brilliantly inaccurate contribution. Montoya's shot that hit the bar was a cross??? We're evens to go down???

theboybilly

Yes we were poor but Southampton wouldn't have scored if we played until midnight next Saturday had we not gifted them that goal. Where is the pressing we supposedly practiced in pre-season? Two very average sides on view today. I just hope we turn up against Cardiff.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Warnock will have his team primed to kick the shit out of our players, waste time, give loads of verbals, cheat wherever they can etc etc etc. In other words it will be the ugliest game of the whole season, they will be massively up for it and we won't and we really do not like playing teams that come at us spitting and kicking. Do not rely on this game for 3 points.

We go a goal down, we’ll lose. Cardiff are the masters with Burnley at time wasting.

So, the Albion players just for once need to come out of the tunnel fired up and start a game awake ffs.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I wasn't thinking top 6, top 12 would be wonderful. £10m+ ( ****ing ludicrous amount of money, but) puts you in the zone for mid table mediocrity, which is a realistic level of possibility for us.

I'm not convinced we Can achieve that with half the current squad, or the current manager, as fantastic as he has been. He needs to up his level in the same way some of our players over achieved last season . . . . But are obviously falling short this season.

Top quality players are circa £50m + each and can pick where they go. Man City , Real Madrid or Brighton ??

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Good job I am in Madeira for this game.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It’s the tactics imo, the players seem scared to attack other teams except on the counter or when we are behind. How many times have we taken the game to the opposition from the kick off in home games this season?

Agree. Hughton and coaching team must take the lion's share of the blame.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think a Brunolessness has an impact
Who is in charge out there to demand an identity and style? They may have a wish not to lose, but the players are good enough to administer some guile and fluidity with it. By the end we fling on a number of attackers and wingers, but to do what precisely?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think a Brunolessness has an impact
Who is in charge out there to demand an identity and style? They may have a wish not to lose, but the players are good enough to administer some guile and fluidity with it. By the end we fling on a number of attackers and wingers, but to do what precisely?

JC and WA covered this very point post match, saying that we’re a quiet team lacking vocal leaders to drive the team on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here