Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just over a week ago, having interacted with Andone for three months, he put his trust in him to start in a vital game against Southampton. Two weeks before that he also trusted him to come off the bench to influence out season opener. In that same game, he put Jurgen Locadia into his starting XI in the first game of his Albion tenure.
Maybe he just didn't like what he saw when it all got serious.

Also it does indicate he wants to put his own team out - not one he inherited from the previous regime. The timings a bit odd though, but maybe there just isn't the quality replacements available at a price we can afford.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having a look before getting rid is fairly standard in football management I would think. It may have been that he’s had his doubts about both ever since he joined but wanted to give them each a couple of chances just to check there wasn’t anything he was missing.

So he didn't rate Andone, played him in three games to make sure then got rid?

Presumably he does rate Ali J, and to prove that he's not put him in a Premier League match day squad yet?

Yep - that adds up.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Presumably he does rate Ali J, and to prove that he's not put him in a Premier League match day squad yet?

Yep - that adds up.
Yep it's 100% locadia and andone calling the shots on their departures

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Yep - that adds up.
We can't ship everyone out at the same time. We'll barely have a 5 a side team at the rate some people want to change.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A bigger issue for us is getting more than one goal a season out of Propper and Stephens.

Each. I’d settle for one each. Rome ain’t built in a day you know. Not exactly Lamps and Gerrard are they? Both of them have scored more in a single match than our dynamic duo have in three seasons. Combined.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

Yep - that adds up.

Maybe he wanted to get rid of Ali J but had no takers.

With reference to Andone I think it's two things, gave him a chance and he does not play the Potter way and last the sending off was the rod that broke the camels back, the red card shows that he is a potential liability. Does the club still operate the no tw*ts policy.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Man City seem to manage pretty well with only Aguero and Jesus. So three who can play the central role should be fine with plenty of options for the wide roles.

Yeah, take Aguero and Jesus out of Man City and they've got no one worth writing home about.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The fact that Bernardo kicked him before the Southampton game, maybe he doesn't fit the no dickheads rule and is extremely disliked by the players.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Not a fan of Andone or Locadia and ultimately think we'll be better off without them.

Possibly we're a bit light on strikers but would i want those 2 playing even if we do get injuries? Not really.

Just hope Maupay steps up and that we can find a way of getting Glenn involved in the new system

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
The fact that Bernardo kicked him before the Southampton game, maybe he doesn't fit the no dickheads rule and is extremely disliked by the players.

Jeez not another one. That was just a case of a lad dicking about with his mate.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
GP is backing Connolly and Alzate to the hilt. This is what we need a manager with foresight and the balls to carry it out. If it doesn't work out as well as expected we have a January recall option on Andone. Sounds good to me, he was out for two more games anyway and he has already lost us one, so well worth the gamble.

EDIT:

So just read we got 630K in loan fees, is this a normal amount or a bit low?

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Yep - that adds up.

It kinda does except the bit about not having Ali J in a Premier League match day squad yet.

Anyway, with no shortage of Dutch suitors, Ali J would have been on his way if Potter didn’t rate him. He has seen something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here