Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton supporters

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Very good question. I am a massive CH fan but taking this to an extreme I do believe that Pep would get a lot more out of our squad of players.

I say that because he is an exceptional manager. I certainly would not say the same of also rans like Solskjaer, Hodgson, Warnock, Howe and Wagner...

I actually don't think he would.

There is no doubting Pep's the better Manager. Perhaps he is the best there has ever been in this country but his methods wouldn't suit this group of players. The midfielders (Bissouma aside) do not have the ''Engine'' or ''fitness'' to get up and down the pitch the way he demands of his players.

Yes he would change the players and almost certainly get better results with fitter players but this group of players would be ''cannon fodder'' trying to play the way that Pep would want them to play. They would be hammered on the break by every team in the League if they played to the Guardiola Philosophy

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I notice you've ignored the results from the excellent first half of the season.
Also the cup run to Wembley (for the first time in my lifetime).
Bit misleading.
The figures you quote have kept us up. So, yes, to answer your question: I am happy.

And I feel your comments are stupid and petulant. As usual.

I have not ignored anything. I have quoted the stats for the last 21 league games

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

There is no doubting Pep's the better Manager. Perhaps he is the best there has ever been in this country but his methods wouldn't suit this group of players. The midfielders (Bissouma aside) do not have the ''Engine'' or ''fitness'' to get up and down the pitch the way he demands of his players.

Yes he would change the players and almost certainly get better results with fitter players but this group of players would be ''cannon fodder'' trying to play the way that Pep would want them to play. They would be hammered on the break by every team in the League if they played to the Guardiola Philosophy

Thing is they do. But sadly boozing has engulfed the club and all on CH watch as well.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
One thing is for certain, he did what any good pro should do if they feel aggrieved at being left out.

Solly has won me over in the last few games. I see a lad starting to believe in himself that I haven't seen until now since the step up to the PL.

I obviously hear how good he can be but I hadn't seen it till recently at this level. I'm hopeful that lad might start to shine next year if he keeps his confidence levels up.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Better?

You said "best" before

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

In response to your silly statement 'I don't believe with our squad anyone else would have kept us up.'

Now as much as I love a battle of wits, I must decline as you are clearly unarmed.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I can tell you one thing Pep wouldnt do with this group of players, have them set up with 10 men behind the ball at home to Newcastle

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I can tell you one thing Pep wouldnt do with this group of players, have them set up with 10 men behind the ball at home to Newcastle

That we agree on - But if Cardiff can hit them on the break and beat them then retreat into a shell with a lead, I am damned sure Newcastle could.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That we agree on - But if Cardiff can hit them on the break and beat them then retreat into a shell with a lead, I am damned sure Newcastle could.

My personal opinion is that the majority of managers in the Prem would have gotten more out of this squad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So how does Smug Eddie down the coast do so well ?
I'd be happy if we played like them to be honest.
They set up to attack all sides and play a good style of football, aren't going to tear up trees in this league but are generally good on the eye

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Breaking FFP.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You happy with 3 wins 5 draws 13 defeats and 14 points in 21 games then ? We have been utterly woeful all year. We need a change of manager. Even if we signed Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar, Hughton would have them in our own half defending for a 0 0

Why would you want to continue with it next season then ?

A season is 38 games not 21.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Oh dear...
This thread reminds me of fierce conversations I had back in 1982 about whether or not we should back Bailey as manager; the prevailing attitude then was that the manager should go because his tactics were too negative - that in spite of managing the club to its best ever league position. He was duly sacked and we were relegated.
There is a genuine debate to be had about whether CH is over cautious; yet it should also always be remembered that this is only our second season in the Premier League, that we have not been in the relegation zone throughout the season in spite of being amongst the bookies favourites for the drop and we reached the semi final of the FA Cup for only the second time in our history.
Instead of the simple mantra of 'Hughton out' I challenge those who repeat it to name a realistic replacement who can take the club forward any faster than CH. Be careful what you wish for.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You happy with 3 wins 5 draws 13 defeats and 14 points in 21 games then ? We have been utterly woeful all year. We need a change of manager. Even if we signed Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar, Hughton would have them in our own half defending for a 0 0

Oh dear...
This thread reminds me of fierce conversations I had back in 1982 about whether or not we should back Bailey as manager; the prevailing attitude then was that the manager should go because his tactics were too negative - that in spite of managing the club to its best ever league position. He was duly sacked and we were relegated.
There is a genuine debate to be had about whether CH is over cautious; yet it should also always be remembered that this is only our second season in the Premier League, that we have not been in the relegation zone throughout the season in spite of being amongst the bookies favourites for the drop and we reached the semi final of the FA Cup for only the second time in our history.
Instead of the simple mantra of 'Hughton out' I challenge those who repeat it to name a realistic replacement who can take the club forward any faster than CH. Be careful what you wish for.

As Norwich fans found out, the grass isn't always greener. As you rightly say. we haven't been in the bottom three all season.

majnoon

Banned
Oct 25, 2014
if he stays then we are going to be in the same position next season for the reason that he wont change his tactics

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here