Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Flex Your Head

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A few months ago I posted an invitation to our Brexiteers to give their views on climate change. I did this because I thought that there was 'probably' (there are no studies on this to my knowledge) there would be a correlation between supporting Brexit and climate-change denial. To be fair I think only [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] replied. However with the rain forests burning down I thought I' d revist this and look at te top end of the Brexit movement - the thought-leaders (if they can be so described!).

I found this link. It doesn't make for pretty reading in some cases. It is not a substitute for hard data but it is suggestive (but not in a Frankie Howard sort of way). For me it gives another very good reason for people to stay away form this bunch and pretty much all they stand for.

https://www.desmog.co.uk/2019/05/01/brexit-party-climate-science-deniers

An interesting link. I don't remember what I replied last time but to be perfectly clear, despite supporting Brexit, I do believe Climate Change is real and a very clear and present danger. Where I differ from some on here is the cause. I believe climate change is a natural happening BUT the problem being is has been accelerated by humans - vastly accelerated !!! And increased a hundred fold in it's intensity. It needs dealing with immediately.

Now you, or more precisely that article, have a link between those that want Brexit and so naturally might move towards the Brexit Party, and climate change denial. That raises a question - there is not a single political party, and I suspect MP, that I agree with everything on. So what should I do ? I agree the railways should be re-nationalised so maybe I should align with Labour ? Hmmm ….. then I look at their policy of the state taking over private schools - not something I agree with. Maybe the Tories then ? Ah, the NHS becomes a sticking point there. Of course I could consider the Lib Dems ( and just for this theory I'll put aside my hatred for them because of what they did to the Albion, or tried to do ) - problem being they utterly lied about tuition fees and are very pro-EU. OK, let's go for the SNP - small problem being I don't live in Scotland and it will be a cold day in hell when I decide to move there ( beautiful though it is ! ). UKIP maybe ? Hmmm ….. Tommy Robinson - enough said !

*Addition* - ironically I think Gove was doing a decent job at the Department for the Environment ( I know that'll be a minority view ) and so it was a shame he was given a different role.

So if I decide to only align with a party that I fully agree with I might as well not vote - or start my own party. That means, despite me disagreeing very strongly with the views on climate change on that link you posted, I still align myself with the Brexit Party ….. if only to ensure Brexit actually gets over the line. Then I'm somewhat stuffed as to who align with.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Has someone in the right wing media/alt right website called someone a muppet. I find it hard to believe that you came up with that insult on your own.

Nice deflection,typical Brussels muppet.Didn't even know Albion were playing,did you?Worse than having Palarse on here.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
A few months ago I posted an invitation to our Brexiteers to give their views on climate change. I did this because I thought that there was 'probably' (there are no studies on this to my knowledge) there would be a correlation between supporting Brexit and climate-change denial. To be fair I think only [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] replied. However with the rain forests burning down I thought I' d revist this and look at te top end of the Brexit movement - the thought-leaders (if they can be so described!).

I found this link. It doesn't make for pretty reading in some cases. It is not a substitute for hard data but it is suggestive (but not in a Frankie Howard sort of way). For me it gives another very good reason for people to stay away form this bunch and pretty much all they stand for.

https://www.desmog.co.uk/2019/05/01/brexit-party-climate-science-deniers

Perhaps before preaching to us about climate change,you could tell us how you're fighting against it?Given up your cars?Given up using gas?Given up flying/motoring away on holidays?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Perhaps before preaching to us about climate change,you could tell us how you're fighting against it?Given up your cars?Given up using gas?Given up flying/motoring away on holidays?

You seem to have confused the meaning of 'preaching' with 'asking a simple question'.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Totally incorrect, I feel I must stick up for 2P on this one.
He is a hell of a lot more than a bit thick.
Reading his posts gives you the same reaction as when you have diarrhea and you wipe your arse and your finger goes through the paper.
He is dangerously thick.

The only thing that surprises me about this post is that you use paper to wipe.Most yokels just use their hand and then wash it off.What a chopper.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You seem to have confused the meaning of 'preaching' with 'asking a simple question'.

Ah,the single brain cell has posted.Your twin not reached the office yet?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He's a ****ing idiot. Memorable moment was when he announced that the SS didn't commit any atrocities until a Muslim (natch) SS Brigade did in the Balkans in 1944.

Oh dear,you really should cut down.As you used to know,the moslem unit was in France.:smokin:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Oh dear,you really should cut down.As you used to know,the moslem unit was in France.:smokin:

That's not what you said, and you know that. Lying about it will just make you look even more stupid, but for a laugh, tell me about this muslim SS unit and its atrocities in France.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Happy to do this and did so on another thread to which I've contributed so this is not really appropriate. And TBH I don't think you really want to know. Your response tells me all I need to know on your position, so many thanks.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
An interesting link. I don't remember what I replied last time but to be perfectly clear, despite supporting Brexit, I do believe Climate Change is real and a very clear and present danger. Where I differ from some on here is the cause. I believe climate change is a natural happening BUT the problem being is has been accelerated by humans - vastly accelerated !!! And increased a hundred fold in it's intensity. It needs dealing with immediately.

Now you, or more precisely that article, have a link between those that want Brexit and so naturally might move towards the Brexit Party, and climate change denial. That raises a question - there is not a single political party, and I suspect MP, that I agree with everything on. So what should I do ? I agree the railways should be re-nationalised so maybe I should align with Labour ? Hmmm ….. then I look at their policy of the state taking over private schools - not something I agree with. Maybe the Tories then ? Ah, the NHS becomes a sticking point there. Of course I could consider the Lib Dems ( and just for this theory I'll put aside my hatred for them because of what they did to the Albion, or tried to do ) - problem being they utterly lied about tuition fees and are very pro-EU. OK, let's go for the SNP - small problem being I don't live in Scotland and it will be a cold day in hell when I decide to move there ( beautiful though it is ! ). UKIP maybe ? Hmmm ….. Tommy Robinson - enough said !

*Addition* - ironically I think Gove was doing a decent job at the Department for the Environment ( I know that'll be a minority view ) and so it was a shame he was given a different role.

So if I decide to only align with a party that I fully agree with I might as well not vote - or start my own party. That means, despite me disagreeing very strongly with the views on climate change on that link you posted, I still align myself with the Brexit Party ….. if only to ensure Brexit actually gets over the line. Then I'm somewhat stuffed as to who align with.

I can assure you that your response here is consistent with your previous one. Obviously I can't guide you on your dilemma (although it's always good to recognise a dilemma in the first place). I would say it's a matter of priorities. I had a mate who was very conflicted about the referendum. Obviously my position was remain, so I'd advised him to do a bit of thinking about the 'movers and shakers' of the Leave campaign. Did he want to share an ideological bed with this lot? Simplistic I know: but he thought and voted Remain.

In my view there are some very nasty pieces of work on that side of the fence to whom I simply could not give sustenance and support.. The climate-change denial aspect is but one (arguably crucial) such issue; to use the lingo - a 'red line'. (There are one or two posters on this thread who you might feel a little queasy about lining up alongside too - but hey ho it's a broad church, and this of all threads tends to bring out the worst in us, perhaps.)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Boris has gone mad. Plenty of his own MPs will never forgive him. I hope that somehow this can be overthrown.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well bugger me with a prickly fork ….. even as a leaver never thought that would actually happen !!!!

What do you feel about it? I am reading the third book of the Rotherweird trilogy right now and Boris is behaving like Geryon Wynter.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Can't believe he's done it, and like Westdene Seagull, I'm a leaver.

BJ's bollox must be the size of an elephants. :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here