Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson, the new UK Prime Minister

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
He had one session to get through in Parliament. The only people that will be able to question his actions in the next few months are the media, mostly owned by foreign parties and with vested interests.

Like him or loathe him, Chappers , he put in an impressive performance during that session. He was on his feet for God knows how long and answered 129 questions.
He also made an effective attack on Corbyn and McDonnell's ruinous proposals, leaving Corbyn dumbstruck and Marxist McD foaming at the mouth.
I am not his biggest fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed those two being given some serious welly.
Others of a different political persuasion will not have been amused.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Perhaps I would be bothered if you weren’t such a sarcastic poster. On a serious note, if you have had a career in IT I think you would find it interesting to do some research on distributed ledgers such as Blockchain. My interest is in its applications to commodity trade finance and making global trade more efficient at borders. The application to the Irish issue is obvious if you have an open mind. I avoid the Brexit thread precisely because of hostile, sarcastic posts such as yours. Just be a little open minded and stop cheerleading for your side of the argument for one moment. I am not saying I have all the answers but neither do you.

Or perhaps you could be bothered if you had any sort of answer.

So you are saying you can't name any suppliers or technologies that do this currently and no alternatives for the October 31st date.

But, in the absence of all of these things, you think maybe I should open my mind and believe more :facepalm:

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Like him or loathe him, Chappers , he put in an impressive performance during that session. He was on his feet for God knows how long and answered 129 questions.
He also made an effective attack on Corbyn and McDonnell's ruinous proposals, leaving Corbyn dumbstruck and Marxist McD foaming at the mouth.
I am not his biggest fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed those two being given some serious welly.
Others of a different political persuasion will not have been amused.

And then you woke up

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The application to the Irish issue is obvious if you have an open mind.

Hang on - you're suggesting you have found a solution to an issue that has had millions of pounds spent on it and many experts trying in vain to solve?!?!?!

You need to get yourself down to Downing Street pronto, you could be about to make a LOT of money. Let us know what you spend it on.

Good luck, [MENTION=34242]Neville's Breakfast[/MENTION] !

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
That's debatable. I heard that statistic mulitple times of the news afterwards. I would love to know how many answer he actually gave to the question given.[/QUOTE

Oh well, perhaps you can find the whole shebang somewhere on t'internet if you are that keen to find out.:lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hang on - you're suggesting you have found a solution to an issue that has had millions of pounds spent on it and many experts trying in vain to solve?!?!?!

You need to get yourself down to Downing Street pronto, you could be about to make a LOT of money. Let us know what you spend it on.

It could be exported around the world as no country is using a technological system at the moment. Not one.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Or perhaps you could be bothered if you had any sort of answer.

So you are saying you can't name any suppliers or technologies that do this currently and no alternatives for the October 31st date.

But, in the absence of all of these things, you think maybe I should open my mind and believe more :facepalm:

No, I thought you might be interested as you work in IT.
Clearly not. I will leave you to your cheerleading.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
**** me what a state Geoff Norcott is. “Ohhh look at me, I’m a working class Tory comic. You don’t get many of them.”
I watched it too. The working class love a good sneer at the middle classes, despite the fact they pay for absolutely f*king everything in this country.

I picked up that show just as he was busy sneering at middle class people for doing what they felt they need to do to ensure their kids get places at the best schools. Apparently this is the middle class equivalent of benefit fraud.
**** me I've just tried watching that. What a load of crap.

So he talks to Father Martin about people going to church in order to get their kids into a faith school:
"Would you say it was a broad demographic to these people?"
“Well when I first came to this area this was predominantly an older working class parish. It is now a very affluent middle class professional parish”
“And so these middle class people were the ones doing this gaming of the system?”

WTF? The jobs in that area used to be described as working class jobs. Times have changed and now the jobs available classify people as middle class, so the people who live there are now described as middle class (just like you Geoff, you ****wit). So of course the people who are playing the game are the people who live there, who are middle ****ing class!

Then he's on to the council, who's job it is to make sure people (applying for their kids to go to decent schools) live where they say they live:
"Jonathon (or maybe it was Jonafen), a council staff member, says this happens across the class divide, but let’s face it, the more resourses you have, the more opportunities you’ve got to play the game. I bet you any money if we got a room of 20 people that they found doing this, who’s it going to be, what are they going to sound like, you know."

:wrong: So he's just ****ing told you it's not a middle class issue, it happens across the divide, and you've ignored him and declared that it will be more prevalent among those with money (which would be a money issue, not a class issue).

I can't watch any more, I'd get a more balanced and reasoned argument on the BBS.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It could be exported around the world as no country is using a technological system at the moment. Not one.

Global trade is already being changed by Blockchain. There are numerous platforms being used. Sure it’s early days but to dismiss it because it may solve an issue that you don’t want solved is a little backward thinking. The world is changing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Global trade is already being changed by Blockchain. There are numerous platforms being used. Sure it’s early days but to dismiss it because it may solve an issue that you don’t want solved is a little backward thinking. The world is changing.

So you're saying it can be fully implemented and put in place by end October of this year?

That's the issue that needs solving.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I hear that the government is to spend £100 million on a three week advertising campaign which will inform the nation what they should do in the case of a no deal Brexit and that this public money and said campain will in no way be used to promote the Tories as they head towards the fourth coming election

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

No, I haven’t found it. It’s has been around for several years supporting bitcoin, not an application that interests me. My interest is the impact it is making in the world of trade finance and in particular, inefficiencies at borders. If that does not interest you then fine but just because you haven’t heard of something does not mean it does not exist.
Be as belligerent as you like, I’m afraid you are just parading your own ignorance when you would be better served seeking to find out how the world is changing outside your own bubble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here