Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Given that proroguing Parliament is clearly at odds with taking back sovereignty for our Parliament my question is this:

How many Leaver lies have to be exposed before the pendulum swings decisively from " Will of The People" to "Biggest Con in British Political History"?

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
We've had enough of petitioners ,stallers and time wasters Get a grip please ,you've been Grizzling for far to long and it's got you no where, give up on face saving LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
Regards
DF

3 1/2 years hasn't got you anywhere, either, except that you're very proficient at saying 'LEAVE MEANS LEAVE'.

Deranged Fruitcake

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Given that proroguing Parliament is clearly at odds with taking back sovereignty for our Parliament my question is this:

How many Leaver lies have to be exposed before the pendulum swings decisively from " Will of The People" to "Biggest Political Con in British Political History"?

It never was 'The Will of the People'. It was 'The Will of Slightly Over Half of the People Who Voted', but that sounds a bit rubbish, even though factually correct. Thing is, most of them don't do facts, as has been shown countless times.
#fingersinearsprojectfear

Yet another bit of Leaver nonsense.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If there were another referendum, which I doubt there will be, leave would win again.

& even after calling for a "people's vote", remainers still wouldn't respect it. Even the Lib Dems have bizarrely said, a) The people should have another vote, and b) if leave wins in a second vote they will still try to stop Brexit. Remainers don't care what the people voted for the first time, they won't care the second time. Unless of course the vote goes their way, in which case it will become incredibly important to respect the will of the people.

No shame.

Aside of the widespread fraud that occurred with 2016 vote, I'm afraid stripping people of their European Citizenship via a referendum will have consequences.

Even if we do end up leaving it won't be the end of it.

D

Deleted member 22389

If there were another referendum, which I doubt there will be, leave would win again.

& even after calling for a "people's vote", remainers still wouldn't respect it. Even the Lib Dems have bizarrely said, a) The people should have another vote, and b) if leave wins in a second vote they will still try to stop Brexit. Remainers don't care what the people voted for the first time, they won't care the second time. Unless of course the vote goes their way, in which case it will become incredibly important to respect the will of the people.

No shame.

No shame at all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It never was 'The Will of the People'. It was 'The Will of Slightly Over Half of the People Who Voted', but that sounds a bit rubbish, even though factually correct. Thing is, most of them don't do facts, as has been shown countless times.
#fingersinearsprojectfear

Yet another bit of Leaver nonsense.

Agreed. It seems like the 6-week long campaign before the Referendum vote is being airbrushed from history. Leave made all sorts of promises and assumptions that - one by one - are being debunked, and yet Brexiteers get round it by saying "We know what we voted for".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Firstly I haven't said I know best - I've provided my POV on Unionists wanting their cake and eating it. Equally I've provided my POV on how racist, homophobic and quite frankly unpleasant they come across as. I have zero intention of visiting NI so I think I'm safe. So, tell me, was your reply posted drunk or sober ? I ask as it's increasingly difficult to tell with your posts.

Bit harsh :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure we could be more divided. Only way to bring the country together is to move on from brexit in a prosperous manner. No Deal won't achieve it, so a sensible deal or remain winning a referendum seem the only way

*No deal* is a catastrophe.

It'll unite us alright. 100% anger against the chancers who conned enough of us.

But a terrible price to pay.

Remain winning another referendum would - if it was a 65%+ win. No chance of that.

So, a sensible deal then...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Seriously. Do you think forcing another vote by all of this scuppering, a remain victory and all of the Leave voters will accept it and wander off into the sunset, just as easily as Remain have? Righto.

Time is a great healer, as the saying goes. It's all we'll have, and better than the majority* being taken out of the EU against their wishes

*predicated on Remain winning the second referendum, as in your hypothetical

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So we're heading for an NI only backstop then. Anything for Boris to get out by January 2020.

Mr Johnson has made a proposal in the last few days talking about an all-Ireland food zone. That is certainly a clear indication of divergence between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, the EU and the rest of the UK. This is the first time that this has been spoken about by a British prime minister where they are prepared to accept some level of divergence between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.

If we can build on that we certainly might get closer to one another in terms of a possible outcome.

May as well ask the DUP for that billion quid back.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We've had enough of petitioners ,stallers and time wasters Get a grip please ,you've been Grizzling for far to long and it's got you no where, give up on face saving LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
Regards
DF

Leave means leave ? Does it ? Thanks for telling me.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Seriously. Do you think forcing another vote by all of this scuppering, a remain victory and all of the Leave voters will accept it and wander off into the sunset, just as easily as Remain have? Righto.

Seeing as Leave 'won' (just) when it was a binary vote, the only way Remain would 'win' was if some Leavers had changed their minds.
Of course, you don't want to test that one, do you?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So we're heading for an NI only backstop then. Anything for Boris to get out by January 2020.

May as well ask the DUP for that billion quid back.
I hope so.

A Busingem type arrangement for NI with a boundary in the Irish Sea always was the compromise answer from Day 1.

Put the rest of the UK in EFTA and we have loads of already done Trade deals on that shelf, and can do as many of our own as we like in addition.

I'd pay for EEA access as well - until we can get a Super Switzerland deal done with the EU, but that is possibly all a bit much for some in 1 compromise, so it may have to come a few months down the road.

D

Deleted member 2719

Ian Austin is a nasty , bitter twisted, man.
I have proof, but, if I showed you it, my family might be killed.

Believe what you want I certainly ain't going to spill the beans to people like yourself who support sympathisers.

Guys like you can stop this and restore democracy now albeit 3 and half years late.

Go on, have you got Austins 6 million dollar balls???

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not sure we could be more divided. Only way to bring the country together is to move on from brexit in a prosperous manner. No Deal won't achieve it, so a sensible deal or remain winning a referendum seem the only way

The country won’t be healed this generation.

Revoke - 52% betrayed
Go through with it and it’s a disaster - blame game starts.

There is no end to this.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
*No deal* is a catastrophe.

It'll unite us alright. 100% anger against the chancers who conned enough of us.

But a terrible price to pay.

Remain winning another referendum would - if it was a 65%+ win. No chance of that.

So, a sensible deal then...

I'm not even sure of this.

My parents for instance would most likely blame any ill effects of a No Deal Brexit on, in no particular order:

The EU
Labour generally
Corbyn specifically

Literally anything except the act itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here