Hughton Out

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
[MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]

So you would give the radio commentary team a thumbs down as well ???
I just feel you have started to turn against Hughton by your posting style. Never expected that from you if i'm honest.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
well he is certain to get most of next season and a chance to pick his own players and that seems sensible. however, i am seriously concerned (still) - bringing on cms instead of the youngster was just so insanely stupid and pointless. no adventure or risk in a nothing game. dull dull dull.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Dear Lord! There really are some outstanding 'spot the brain cell' moments on this thread. Hyypia was a deluded and arrogant fool who thought that we could win games by throwing our less-than-great full-backs forward to feed our (Baldock-aside) rubbish strikers, thus exposing our slow and immobile center-backs and dodgy keeper at every turn, and he still wondered why we were getting taken apart. Hughton comes in, sees what we have, shores up the defence and midfield, tries pretty much every combination of 'strikers' to try and win games (not his fault three out of four couldn't hit a barn door and the one who could got injured), saves us from almost certain relegation, finishes the season with a credible 0-0 away at auto-promotion candidates and some people still think he's clueless and should be sacked now, plunging us once again into the scenario that they themselves were saying we must avoid at all costs only a few months ago!! You really couldn't make it up.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Do you seriously think he's worse than Hyypia? Seriously? Were you at Derby or the Millwall home game? Points per game under Hyypia, we've have gone down. We've stayed up quite comfortably in the end. It's post like this that make you realise how clueless our fans are. No team can be mid table with the strikers we have. The rest of the squad is mid table probably but with strikers who can't score, you're very likely to go down and Hughton's ensure we haven't. He's done his job!

I think the wisest among us learn not to go into verbal battle with the unsilenceable trollish blatherers who look to litter so many threads with their monotonously dour critiques.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pointless thread. Bloom is never going to sack a manager who inherited a bottom 3 team and an ordinary squad with no strikers and then kept them up.

Let's move on from this and focus on who Hughton and his team are going to bring in.

Very silly to change the manager yet again and it aint gonna happen no chance!!. The problems are there for all to see and Chris will sort that in the summer providing he is given the support to do it. The football we have played at times has been good in spells and only the lack of quality in the final 3rd has let us down quite literally all season. He(Hughton) has tried all tactics and given all strikers a chance and they simply have not been good enough to which he knows he needs to address. Whether he gets the backing is another matter and only the next 3 months will tell but to sack him now will be farcical in my opinion!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A very dreary end to the season. Goals drying up and lacklustre performances. We need to start our recruitment early in pre-season to really be in with a chance in my opinion.

Spot on. I want players signing in july. Contracts tend to run till end of june but no reason to start talking NOW.

I also EXPECT no ****ing willy waving. Lets be honest the writing was on the wall this season when we were ficking about over Ward. I still don't understand regardless what barber said on the roar which was a fudge.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
To right the ship Hughton has to go.

We need a tried-and-tested English manager. Not some dour Northerner, either.
Someone with significant playing experience in the top flight
One with managing experience in the top flight, too.
And someone who has a Premiere League promotion under his belt.

Someone like Chris Hughton.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I just feel you have started to turn against Hughton by your posting style. Never expected that from you if i'm honest.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with being critical especially when I am reflecting a view from the radio. Although this is a Hughton out thread, I am not advocating it, just saying that I am not convinced. I certainly haven’t been abusive to Hughton.

With all the stick and abuse Hyypia got on here I am also just pointing out the double standards of posters and reminding them that Hughton hasn't really done any better with the squad at hand. Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember you being a bit OTT about Hyypia whilst thumbing me down for sticking up for him.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don’t think there is anything wrong with being critical especially when I am reflecting a view from the radio. Although this is a Hughton out thread, I am not advocating it, just saying that I am not convinced. I certainly haven’t been abusive to Hughton.

With all the stick and abuse Hyypia got on here I am also just pointing out the double standards of posters and reminding them that Hughton hasn't really done any better with the squad at hand. Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember you being a bit OTT about Hyypia whilst thumbing me down for sticking up for him.
I was anti Hyypia you are correct. In fact i never wanted here in the first place. Something didn't sit right with me with him. Probably because of his record in Germany and how he was viewed. I was also very vocal with my Hyypia out chants at the Amex so much so i was drawing the attention of the stewards. He was an appalling manager and i was prepared to not renew with that clown in charge or Burke for that matter
Hughton was my second choice manager and i'm happy with him. I can also see the bigger picture and know he has a shit team to work with.
It's not just Hughton under the spot light this summer but Bloom and our recruitment team.Lots of fook ups last summer and i don't want a repeat of it again or spin from Barber and co.
On this basis i'm very much 100% behind Hughton. I actually like the bloke also

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I just wish hughton would of tried something different this season, to try and get the strikers to score.
ogrady and cms as a front two.
who knows, wel never know now. I can understand why you wouldn't want to change tne manager now, as it will be another close season trying to find a manager. But on the other hand , ive seen nothing with hughton so far that makes me think he's the man to take us to a top 6 finish.
so for me, il be sitting firmly on the fence, keeping an eye on things.

Also id like to add that the only real argument on this thread for keeping ch on, is because we don't want to go through another close season changing managers, which is a very valid point, but if we hadn't gone through the last 3 seasons changing managers then id suspect most on here including me, would be happy to se the back of him.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
What a laugh...Hooten did not keep us up....2 goals in the last 9 games...have not won in 7 games...
Millwall, Wigan and Blackpool kept us up. How lucky we are that we had 3 teams as bad as these in the same season.
And for those who say Hooten had a better record than Hyppia, you need to check the facts..
We all know he was not 1st choice...that was Carl Robinson...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What a laugh...Hooten did not keep us up....2 goals in the last 9 games...have not won in 7 games...
Millwall, Wigan and Blackpool kept us up. How lucky we are that we had 3 teams as bad as these in the same season.
And for those who say Hooten had a better record than Hyppia, you need to check the facts..
We all know he was not 1st choice...that was Carl Robinson...

1) I can't tell you how hilarious it is that people like you spell Hughton's name wrong. It's so funny.
2) You need to check your facts. Hughton's record is better than Hyypia's.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
1) I can't tell you how hilarious it is that people like you spell Hughton's name wrong. It's so funny.
2) You need to check your facts. Hughton's record is better than Hyypia's.

1. I prefer to call him Hooten (the clown) but you can call him Hughton the ?.
2. I checked the facts....it's no better......luckily for Hooten the season has ended or he would have been beaten him hands down.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They are called bedwetters and rightly so.

Hmm ..... maybe not wise to use the term 'bedwetter'.

Last time it was used to any extent, it was used to pour scorn and derision on those posters who, at a very early stage of the season, realised that all was not well with the team following the recruitment in the summer. As it turned out, the 'bedwetters' were spot on, and that left all those who had been glibly hurling the abusive term at anyone who dissented from their view looking very stupid.

'Idiots' perhaps would be a more appropriate description.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports