Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I would have thought the easy answer is putting a blocker on the network that they woirk on ona 1 mile radius of airports and prisons so that they will not work. If it upsets a few tough luck the national security is greater than any single nerd playing or supplying prisoners with mobile phones or drugs etc.

yes, a blocker on GPS and other radio frequencies 1 mile around Gatwick would be a solution. may have onward problems.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah just jam a load of radio equipment close to Gatwick, what is the worst that could happen :stupid:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
yes, a blocker on GPS and other radio frequencies 1 mile around Gatwick would be a solution. may have onward problems.

I would have thought that the frequency that drones work on could be set by the law of the land for manufacturers and just those frequencies blocked. I dont know but would have thought so with modern technology.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would have thought that the frequency that drones work on could be set by the law of the land for manufacturers and just those frequencies blocked

They use 2.4Ghz which is basically WiFi

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah just jam a load of radio equipment close to Gatwick, what is the worst that could happen :stupid:

Well, it won't bring down any planes.......there aren't any!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
220px-AvroVulcan2008.JPG
As the Argentinians found out, explosives do a lot of damage to runways.

There are drones the size of Vulcan Bombers now? :wink:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
So who was responsible:

1. A lone nutjob, possibly with a personal grievance against Gatwick.
2. A protest group.
3. Heathrow.
4. The Russians.
5. Someone else.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So who was responsible:

2. A protest group.
3. Heathrow.
4. The Russians.
5. Someone else.

Ashley Barnes

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So who was responsible:

2. A protest group.
3. Heathrow.
4. The Russians.
5. Someone else.

We know there were drones (plural) so my money (although I don't bet) is on the protest group.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not if it’s close enough to a plane that the explosion could cause a chain reaction of explosions.

:shrug:
Yeah, so you shoot it when it's not close to a plane. Otherwise they could maneuver it close to a plane and detonate it. Better the police choose where it could detonate, than the pilot.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh right, even worse than I thought then. The chaos that can be unleashed with these things has no limits and seemingly pretty well undetectable. There really doesn't appear to be an answer.
Ban all drones.

Seriously, how long will it be before terrorists bring down a police helicopter over a city, with basically no chance of being caught?

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
give it a day or 2 and the media will pin it to corbyn

I would think Corbyn is quite keen to find out who was responsible so that he can send them a thank you card.
Without Dronegate, yesterday's headlines would have all been about Corbyn and his faux pas in PMQ's the previous day, and they would not have been supportive headlines either!

Back on topic, and apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but anyone up for a conspiracy?

It's a little weird that the authorities are saying that it is now perfectly safe to fly planes around Gatwick despite the Drone(s) and the Pilot(s) not being found or even identified.
Do they know something they aren't telling us?

Could it be that yesterday's antics were in fact a blackmail plot and the Airport has now paid a ransom, but clearly they wouldn't want anybody to know that for fear of copycat issues?

Just a thought?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On a lighter note, there was a lot of anger around Newhaven in the summer, where one drone was hovering over various back gardens where people were sunbathing.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So who was responsible:

2. A protest group.
3. Heathrow.
4. The Russians.
5. Someone else.

I'm still sticking with it being 2 male, Russian tourists, who came all the way to The UK to visit the world famous Queens Square shopping centre in Crawley, thus fulfilling a lifelong ambition, but who were curtailed in doing so on account of it raining.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
On a lighter note, there was a lot of anger around Newhaven in the summer, where one drone was hovering over various back gardens where people were sunbathing.

what do they expect, if a jenny is going to get her baps out they are bound to have drones oggling :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here