Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

His act of violence, not his first, meant that he misses 3.67 vital games. He got his start, then let the club and fans down. Not quite right in the head.

Yes I was very unhappy he let everyone down and his 3 match ban meant Potter had reduced options. Moving him on seems to me to increase the ban from the FA to January and reduce Potter’s options further.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Of course. It was more because he said he moved to Galatasaray to start more matches.

Here he's competing with Murray for a start. At Galatasaray, he's competing with Falcao, (and i'm guessing other players better than we have).

The start more matches thing is surely bollocks

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Maupay signed, Connolly promoted. Murray will be third choice central bod in the front three within weeks.

Connolly will have to go some to get above Murray in the pecking order.

In most games I suspect we'll see Maupay start as centre forward, then drop out into Gross or Trossard's (or whoever will occupy it if he's injured) after 60 something mins. Murray will spend the last 20 to 25 up front. Connolly will only get games when we're desperate for a goal and want two strikers on or a game has gone, like against City and we may as well give him some minutes,

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Because some suddenly see Locadia and Andone as very effective PL strikers, ignoring the glaring inadequacies of the former and erratic form / poor discipline and temperament of the latter. There’s very little evidence that they are effective at this level, certainly on a consistent basis.

Not Locadia, who never showed enough. But if you can get Andone fit, not suspended and in the team, then yes, he certainly is an effective centre forward at this level. There's nothing sudden about this realisation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

In most games I suspect we'll see Maupay start as centre forward, then drop out into Gross or Trossard's (or whoever will occupy it if he's injured) after 60 something mins. Murray will spend the last 20 to 25 up front. Connolly will only get games when we're desperate for a goal and want two strikers on or a game has gone, like against City and we may as well give him some minutes,

We’ll see. I reckon Potter will throw Connolly into the mix far more than that.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Yes I was very unhappy he let everyone down and his 3 match ban meant Potter had reduced options. Moving him on seems to me to increase the ban from the FA to January and reduce Potter’s options further.

He's not the only person who has done a stupid reckless tackle and got sent off (the first under Potters reign) Most of the others don't get exiled to Turkey as a result. Seems a strange decision to me, but obviously I am not privy to any issues in the dressing room etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah, but we didn’t get him........
What's that got to do with anything? Icy said if he was that bad, how did he get passed the No DH policy, and you suggested he got past it because we were desperate and he was cheap, but the fact is we were prepared to pay a lot more earlier. They obviously didn't think he was a DH when they scouted him, so the question remains.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I get that Andone was desperate for starts but we could have promised him a move in a few months once we did more business, it all smacks of very strange timing
Exactly. You'd tell him you think he's going to be a crucial striker for us and get a lot of game time, but if it doesn't work out that way, he can go in January.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
PL2 player of the year and championship player of the year.
Maupay wasn't Championship player of the year. He was Brentford supporters' player of the year. A team that finished 11th.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's not the only person who has done a stupid reckless tackle and got sent off (the first under Potters reign) Most of the others don't get exiled to Turkey as a result. Seems a strange decision to me, but obviously I am not privy to any issues in the dressing room etc.
It seems like it would be a strange decision if there weren't something else quite wrong, so you can't help think there must have been.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Pecking order yes, but Murray is getting on, he is not quick enough and I can see him gradually sidelined into a more coaching role.

Connolly will only get games when we're desperate for a goal and want two strikers on or a game has gone, like against City and we may as well give him some minutes
Quite possibly, but then what is wrong with a regular quick pair of feet to come on when needed. David Fairclough comes to mind, how many times did he pull Liverpool out of the shitter?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
PL2 player of the year and championship player of the year. Against two players who have not made the level. We wont know if it will work but thats the same with any player coming in because we wont be signing Harry Kane.

I wonder if Spuds fans said the same about Kane as our supporters have said about Connolly concerning the step up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
PL2 player of the year and championship player of the year. Against two players who have not made the level. We wont know if it will work but thats the same with any player coming in because we wont be signing Harry Kane.

As mentioned elsewhere, Harry Kane is not the bar. But we have just binned off an International striker who, given a run, could conceivably have bagged us 10 goals this season. I'm really disappointed that he's gone. I guess he failed the Dickhead test, so we'll have to accept that its for the best. But he was quick, mobile, and dangerous. And now he's elsewhere, so IMO, we're now definitely weaker as a direct result.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...v0m_Imf30TapPt4az_STI_wwaSYwHPiXSU-CjipAqAmTA

Albion striker Florin Andone has admitted that the decision to let him leave the club on loan was his own.

Andone joined Turkish side Galatasaray at the start of the month on a season-long-loan.

The Romanian was brought in back in May 2018 from Deportivo La Coruna to provide competition for striker Glenn Murray.

However things have not worked out with Andone only managing to score four goals in 24 games with Albion.

Andone had the following to say to Digi Sport about the decision to let him leave The Amex.

He said: “Brighton were always against me leaving, but it was my decision to play more.

"I felt that with Brighton, I would not have the minutes I needed to recover my form at Deportivo.

“I miss playing every week, scoring goals and feeling important in the team."

The striker also spoke about how Galatasaray's interest is not a new thing.

He said: "Galatasaray were very interested.They wanted me 3-4 years ago; I feel that they wanted me (this summer)."

Andone is not the only new striker joining the Turkish giants with Rademel Falcao joining on permenant deal and the Romanian international is aware of the challenge he will face to start.

He said:"It will be very difficult, Falcao is there, it will be very very difficult.

“But it’s a new start and I really want to play.”

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Paul Hayward is a respected football writer, and intimated that Andone's departure was popular behind the scenes with the squad. It appears that with all the information to hand, the club knew exactly what they were doing.

Overly and completely unnecessarily fired-up against Stains, where there was no prior bad blood, was ridiculous. Costing us dearly.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He's hardly likely to say "the club didn't want me as they don't trust me to stay on the pitch"

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...v0m_Imf30TapPt4az_STI_wwaSYwHPiXSU-CjipAqAmTA

Albion striker Florin Andone has admitted that the decision to let him leave the club on loan was his own.

Andone joined Turkish side Galatasaray at the start of the month on a season-long-loan.

The Romanian was brought in back in May 2018 from Deportivo La Coruna to provide competition for striker Glenn Murray.

However things have not worked out with Andone only managing to score four goals in 24 games with Albion.

Andone had the following to say to Digi Sport about the decision to let him leave The Amex.

He said: “Brighton were always against me leaving, but it was my decision to play more.

"I felt that with Brighton, I would not have the minutes I needed to recover my form at Deportivo.

“I miss playing every week, scoring goals and feeling important in the team."

The striker also spoke about how Galatasaray's interest is not a new thing.

He said: "Galatasaray were very interested.They wanted me 3-4 years ago; I feel that they wanted me (this summer)."

Andone is not the only new striker joining the Turkish giants with Rademel Falcao joining on permenant deal and the Romanian international is aware of the challenge he will face to start.

He said:"It will be very difficult, Falcao is there, it will be very very difficult.

“But it’s a new start and I really want to play.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here