Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tried & Tested.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think this is a no brainier. Pascal has been injured or not fit all season and we need his creativity playing in behind the striker. I don’t really care about all the moaners, now is the time to rally behind the team, give them your full support and if we get the points to stay up, then the moaners can groan their way through the summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think this is a no brainier. Pascal has been injured or not fit all season and we need his creativity playing in behind the striker. I don’t really care about all the moaners, now is the time to rally behind the team, give them your full support and if we get the points to stay up, then the moaners can groan their way through the summer.

I think you’ll find most of the moaners on here actually give the team and manager their full support during a game.

I know I do although, sadly, I won’t be there today.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Tried, tested and failed.

The line up at spurs looked better, compact, defensive with pace on the break.

As soon as I saw the line up at Spurs (a free hit for us), I said that the Wolves team would be the team for today. It was always with today in mind.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think you’ll find most of the moaners on here actually give the team and manager their full support during a game.

The comments were aimed at those (a mindless few) constantly booing the team throughout the Cardiff game. We need to roar the team to a win today not heckle the players into the Championship!!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The comments were aimed at those (a mindless few) constantly booing the team throughout the Cardiff game. We need to roar the team to a win today not heckle the players into the Championship!!

Fair enough, booing the team is 100% counter productive, however angry you are. I am a wimp in that respect, I just don’t clap them off the pitch if they play like they did against Saints, Bournemouth (I left in a rage at 0-3 in that game though) and Cardiff. Booing is not for me, moaning afterwards on here is though :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I was in charge I would have 2 different teams in mind depending on the Fulham v Cardiff match but I doubt CH will go down that route

The trouble with that is by the time that result is known it is too late for him to name his team. I would rather he had faith and confidence in what his team will do and name the team accordingly. Had it been a 7.45 kick off a different story.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Unfortunately is the correct answer

I disagree. Stay up - back him, not sack him.

I don’t usually advocate telling the chairman where to spend his money, but we need to stop being a bottom 3 spender if we want better results.

Perhaps Tony enjoys the jeopardy of a relegation fight every year.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I don’t usually advocate telling the chairman where to spend his money, but we need to stop being a bottom 3 spender if we want better results.

His demeanour at the Spurs game wouldn’t back that up.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

The truth of the matter is that what we spend will not likely support a team playing attractive football and avoiding relegation in the PL.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If I was in charge I would have 2 different teams in mind depending on the Fulham v Cardiff match but I doubt CH will go down that route

Our gameplan - to win - should be exactly the same regardless of what happens in the Cardiff game. Fortunately CH’s comments would suggest he feels the same.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It'll be the flags that get us over the line.........

giphy.gif

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Most people seem to want hughton out because of his negative tactics.
This is missing the point.
This season we have tried a 4-3-3 formation which is more offensive.
As stat brother said, possibly a (in hindsight , laughable) attempt to do a Liverpool.
The problem is the new players haven’t been up to it.
So hughton has gone back to the containing style which was reasonably successful last season.
Point being - he probably doesn’t want to play this boring style, he’s just doing what he can with the limited players at his disposal.
As for who is responsible for the signings - hughton May have final say but imo it comes back to the much-vaunted recruitment team, which has largely identified duffers.
If we stay up and can make some decent signings , hughton deserves the chance to have another go at the 4-3-3

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

If you look at how much we've spent compared to other teams that isn't necessarily fair on TB. Our net spend was def in the top ten last season, and probably the same this season.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Tried, Tested, Tedious, Tepid, Traumatic football...………

I will still be there today to watch it all unfold..:albion2:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
God I hope so but u can’t deny it’s been bloody painful to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's football when you support your local team. Sometimes it's awful and sometimes it's great. We have to take the bad with the good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here