Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are still trying to make new signings right?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
"Oh" as in we don't have any. You're forgetting the other Benny cliche: "Time To Gel". They should be onboard by now and getting the look and feel of their team mates during the pre-season friendlies so as to be reasonably prepped for the start of the PL season.

Yep in an ideal world we would have a new RB, ACM and ST all ready to go to Austria but you know it doesn't work like that. If you want to read a really depressing forum go to Burnley's! Jeez they take the biscuit.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
It's going to keep us waiting into the final week of the window isn't it. As long as we are not done doing business I can manage my transfer window anxiety, but would have been nice to have seen a new striker and central mid getting up to speed in Austria with the rest of the team.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It'd be a risk, for sure, but we can probably 'wing it' with youth players for most of the vacancies.

Striker - Mlakar, Connolly, Gyokeres.

At-Mid - Alzate

D-Mid - Băluţă

But we still need a Box2Box-er in midfield, and right back has no cover.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's going to keep us waiting into the final week of the window isn't it.
Yes.
As long as we are not done doing business I can manage my transfer window anxiety
We're not.
but would have been nice to have seen a new striker and central mid getting up to speed in Austria with the rest of the team.
It would have been nice, but not that common.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
It'd be a risk, for sure, but we can probably 'wing it' with youth players for most of the vacancies.

Striker - Mlakar, Connolly, Gyokeres.

At-Mid - Alzate

D-Mid - Băluţă

But we still need a Box2Box-er in midfield, and right back has no cover.

you do remember that we are playing in the premier league? Why on earth would we Wing it?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No way can we not invest in a new ST, RB & ACM... too much of a gamble, Shirley!?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Stumpy Tim

No way can we not invest in a new ST, RB & ACM... too much of a gamble, Shirley!?

I would say it's hard to say what players we need, as no one is sure what formation Potter wants to play. Under Hughton we always knew it would likely be 4-4-1-1, but Potter has a history of playing different formations so who knows what he needs? Makes this coming season more interesting

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No! You can't make me! ;-)

Every year it’s the same though and we seem to scrape by. I am sure we’ll get players in but they aren’t going to be ones in demand, in fact we’ll probably never have heard of them before we are on the cusp of signing them. If you are looking for an up and coming name, you are going to be disappointed. You have been through enough transfer windows to know this, you should have the hang of it by now

I fear disappointment awaits you AGAIN! :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would say it's hard to say what players we need, as no one is sure what formation Potter wants to play. Under Hughton we always knew it would likely be 4-4-1-1, but Potter has a history of playing different formations so who knows what he needs? Makes this coming season more interesting

I have 3 words for you - Muzza, Bruno, Gross... the first one cannot be relied on to keep delivering, no matter how fantastic he is, and he is... the second has retired and we really only have 1 RB in the squad... for the third, it is, IMHO, astounding, that we have gone through umpteen windows without acquiring meaningful competition for the German wunderkind...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Every year it’s the same though and we seem to scrape by. I am sure we’ll get players in but they aren’t going to be ones in demand, in fact we’ll probably never have heard of them before we are on the cusp of signing them. If you are looking for an up and coming name, you are going to be disappointed. You have been through enough transfer windows to know this, you should have the hang of it by now

Now you've destroyed my footie Mojo! ;-)

Stumpy Tim

I have 3 words for you - Muzza, Bruno, Gross... the first one cannot be relied on to keep delivering, no matter how fantastic he is, and he is... the second has retired and we really only have 1 RB in the squad... for the third, it is, IMHO, astounding, that we have gone through umpteen windows without acquiring meaningful competition for the German wunderkind...

Trossard could be seen as competition for Gross - depends how he wants to play really. You're right on Bruno, but I suspect Montoya is going to be much better this year. He was always known as an attacking full-back, but didn't seem to get the chance to attack last season and his crossing stats were some of the best in the league when he was allowed.

I'm bang on with you on the need for a striker. I like Andone, and not sure about Locadia. It would feel wrong going into this season without a quality striker.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

League one to Prem (and staying there) in less than 10 years.

Happy to "scrape by" as you put it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here