Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are still trying to make new signings right?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I just wonder if Graham Potter has been told that part of his remit is to try and get the expensive signings of Locardia, Jahanbakhsh, Andone and some of last season’s other ineffective players to step up and produce. Potter certainly has managed to do that at Swansea and Ostersunds on a limited budget but with a fair amount of success.

In my opinion I think those three players I’ve mentioned should be given a chance to prove themselves, new manager, new slate, new tactics and all that. I felt all three showed promise last season however limited it was. Maybe, with a different approach and playing style they’ll flourish. Wishful thinking perhaps - we’ll find out soon enough.

What Potter has actually said about new signings.

"“I wouldn’t want to put any numbers on it. The key for us is to assess the group that we’ve got, take in as much information as we can, and everybody’s job up until that window closes is to try to work towards how we can potentially improve the group.
“It’s not as simple as just signing a player. It’s got to be the right one that fits with us. We are in that process now of making sure we’ve got a good understanding of what we’ve got already but, of course, we’ll try to improve as well."
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...s-leandro-trossard-gives-something-different/

ie: of course we'll be trying to make some more signings.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
GK - Ryan, Steele, Button, Walton (Sanchez, Keto)
RB - Montoya (Schelotto)
CB - Dunk, Duffy, Balogun, Burn, Clarke
LB - Bernardo, Bong (Suttner)
CM - Stephens, Kayal, Bissouma, Propper (Molumby, Baluta)
AM/WG - Knockaert, Gross, Jahanbahksh, Izquierdo, March, Trossard
ST - Andone, Locadia, Murray (Hemed, Gyokores, Connolly)

Not including Tau and Ahannach. Players in brackets are promising youth players or ones loaned out last season.

RB, CM and ST are the positions we look weakest in, but hopefully Potter's experience with youth players means the CM positions are filled. I'd like to see Gyokores and Connolly get game time, but a new ST would be great, unless Andone and Locadia prove their worth this pre-season. My main memory of Schelotto is he didn't look great defensively, so unless we play three at the back, a new right back is needed too.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
GK - Ryan, Steele, Button, Walton (Sanchez, Keto)
RB - Montoya (Schelotto)
CB - Dunk, Duffy, Balogun, Burn, Clarke
LB - Bernardo, Bong (Suttner)
CM - Stephens, Kayal, Bissouma, Propper (Molumby, Baluta)
AM/WG - Knockaert, Gross, Jahanbahksh, Izquierdo, March, Trossard
ST - Andone, Locadia, Murray (Hemed, Gyokores, Connolly)

Not including Tau and Ahannach. Players in brackets are promising youth players or ones loaned out last season.

RB, CM and ST are the positions we look weakest in, but hopefully Potter's experience with youth players means the CM positions are filled. I'd like to see Gyokores and Connolly get game time, but a new ST would be great, unless Andone and Locadia prove their worth this pre-season. My main memory of Schelotto is he didn't look great defensively, so unless we play three at the back, a new right back is needed too.
+ ST - (Mlakar)

Stephens-Kayal-Bissouma-Pröpper looks like a key area for *evolution* - although Băluţă and Molumby will help here as you say.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, I think we’re done now :wink:

That would be well lush.

A straight fight between TeamPotter & TeamHughton on NSC. :rave:

"Let's get ready to rumble"

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ali J, Locadia, Andone, Bissouma - I think Potter will be doing well to get just two of them to play consistently well in the Prem.

I think it can be done with the last two and we have a replacement for AJ.

Locadia- not that impressed. It's troublesome getting a decent replacement at a price that suits. If they do I would suggest that's enough for this window.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bring back the lion of afrika.

Perry Percy Percy...we love you and need you to save our season.

Stop signing europeans...sign more Afrikans as we voted for brexit...they can all feck off

Percy Percy Percy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bring back the lion of afrika.

Perry Percy Percy...we love you and need you to save our season.

Stop signing europeans...sign more Afrikans as we voted for brexit...they can all feck off

Percy Percy Percy.
Well we may be one of about 6 PL clubs after Samatta from Tanzania ( qualifies for / has a Belgium passport ).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
As mentioned Already...I’d rather be us than Newcastle...no Rafa...no Perez...interesting times ahead.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Three first team players required: 34 days to go.

we don't know that , it doesn't work like that.

When Poyet took over a struggling side , you would of been on here saying 9 players needed 30 days etc etc

Wasn't like that. Players can step up in different circumstances

Under CH , playing exactly the same way then yes it looks like 3 ( and bare in mind we did actually survive ! )

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Apart from a RB, I think it will be a case of just replacing anybody we sell now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here