Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
this thread was started on 4th June.

Barely see much linking us other than a bit on social media. The Argus did confirm so we must be keen.

We going to put a bid in or what ?

Unless he's our back up plan , or even back up , back up , back up plan . God knows where we are at with any of it
And we were odds on favourites to his signature.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Now Villa & Sheff Utd appear to be out of the equation, then could we have a double swoop, McBurnie and Maupay !!!

Dean Smith signed him for Brentford, don’t be surprised if that alone is enough to make him opt for Villa.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Dean Smith signed him for Brentford, don’t be surprised if that alone is enough to make him opt for Villa.

EAFl4nFXsAA6QzT.jpeg
Still in training yesterday, still time :)

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
As this window drags on, the more I'm thinking that both Maupay and McBurnie are the striker options which aren't high on our wanted list. If we really wanted them, wouldn't we have put a firm bid in by now? There's no benefit drawing it out for either club, as the figure isn't going to instantly change.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Time to bid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is this chap the answer, though? A good season, maybe - but we're inevitably after a bit of experience, surely?

He's been playing professional first team football since he was 16. He's only 22, but he has 6 years graft behind him scoring goals in Ligue 1, Ligue 2 and the championship. 28 goals last season in total in a side that finished midtable - impressive. He's also capable of dropping into midfield or out wide, which may suit Potter's flexible approach.

I'd be delighted to get him in, and keep a bit of gallic influence in the side. :thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Is this chap the answer, though? A good season, maybe - but we're inevitably after a bit of experience, surely?

Depends on the question. Two key ones for starters

Can he increase in value
Will he fit into our wage structure

The big one is , can he step up ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depends on the question. Two key ones for starters

Can he increase in value
Will he fit into our wage structure

The big one is , can he step up ?

Well as there is no chance of us signing a proven PL goal scorer anybody we sign will be a risk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He's been playing professional first team football since he was 16. He's only 22, but he has 6 years graft behind him scoring goals in Ligue 1, Ligue 2 and the championship. 28 goals last season in total in a side that finished midtable - impressive. He's also capable of dropping into midfield or out wide, which may suit Potter's flexible approach.

I'd be delighted to get him in, and keep a bit of gallic influence in the side. :thumbsup:

This,

I am of the mind that stepping up surrounds you with better service (can’t compare last season based on style of play) and almost equal to the next level of the difficulty of scoring.

A lot of his success has come inside the box so we need the right players to service this, which on a change of style I think we have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone anybody signs is a risk icy. Even proven PL goal scorers
Let’s call it the Benteke conundrum

I’ll take your word for it, I’ve never seen one in the stripes that we took a flyer on :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here