Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Duffy nor the club will want him to be 6th choice. He’s a big personality which is great when things are going well but equally can be destabilising to the team when they are not. He will want to be playing every week and the club will want some of his wages off the books if he’s not in the match day squad. He’s not a Potter-type player either so I expect he’ll be on loan in the championship next season.
Any proof of this???

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Anyone else enjoying the England Inside training videos on YouTube?

They're a nice behind the scenes look at the work the squad does with the coaches, offering an interesting view of the squad dynamics.

Ben seems very quiet. Some players like to have a laugh, but others like Henderson rarely cracks a smile and is ultra serious.

Generally they seem like a really tight knit but relaxed group.

Mason Mount and Declan Rice especially. They've been best buddies since they were 8 and their families even went on holiday together. Crazy that they are now both essential to England's spine.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
If people haven't read the Tyrone Kings article in the Guardian, it's worth a read just to see how stupid he is

"Football is very soft these days – you cannot get away with much,” says the Aston Villa centre-half, although he did get away with this. Austria were breaking up the left and when Kalajdzic makes his run into the area Mings stands his ground before throwing his left arm into his opponent’s face, sending him to the ground.

Harry Maguire returns to training with England in Euro 2020 boost
VAR would surely have awarded a penalty and sent off Mings and there was plenty of fretting about what would have happened if the flashpoint had been at the Euros, which starts for England against Croatia on Sunday.

Mings did not fret. “I wasn’t lucky, no, because I knew there wasn’t VAR,” the 28-year-old says with a steely glare. “It wasn’t [a red card], was it? We can go back through many different occasions in my career and you could say: ‘If there was VAR in that game, I would have got sent off.’”

The old joke is that ‘if’ is the biggest word in football. If the referee had seen it, Mings admits, “maybe” he would have reached for the red card. “If there had have been VAR, absolutely, I would have given away a penalty,” he says.

It is unclear whether Mings was able to assess the sight lines of the referee and his assistant but the move felt highly risky. Mings does not see it that way. “As a defender, I have done that many times in my career – when a cross is about to come in, block the striker,” he says. “That is not against the rules. But that one there was probably too aggressive.”
Wow he really is a numpty, that was a warm up game, totally unnecessary. I admit England have looked good but he is a liability. No problem if Southgate doesn't fancy Dunk but Mings is surely our achilles heel. When we go out to better opposition due to his mistakes or others having to cover for him everyone will bleat on about how unlucky we were.

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Anyone else enjoying the England Inside training videos on YouTube?

They're a nice behind the scenes look at the work the squad does with the coaches, offering an interesting view of the squad dynamics.

Ben seems very quiet. Some players like to have a laugh, but others like Henderson rarely cracks a smile and is ultra serious.

Generally they seem like a really tight knit but relaxed group.

Mason Mount and Declan Rice especially. They've been best buddies since they were 8 and their families even went on holiday together. Crazy that they are now both essential to England's spine.

I like them, would like to see Albion open the doors a bit in a similar fashion. It gives you a sense of the players characters.

From what I’ve seen Ben is spending a lot of time playing table tennis with his bromance partner Kelvin Phillips.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why does he need 'proof'? It's an opinion based on available evidence, and probably not far off the mark.
Considering GP & Webster had nothing but praise for Shane for his professionalism in the season Webster effectively took his place. Followed by GP saying SD was always a welcome figure around the group during training sessions and welcome back at anytime even if he moves on I’m calling bullshit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Considering GP & Webster had nothing but praise for Shane for his professionalism in the season Webster effectively took his place. Followed by GP saying SD was always a welcome figure around the group during training sessions and welcome back at anytime even if he moves on I’m calling bullshit.

Like GP is going to say anything different!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why he/they say anything at all ??? you certainly wouldn’t publicly praise someone who is a nightmare to work with.

If you wanted to sell them you would. Would weaken our position if Potter said, 'not really got the character I am looking for, bit of a disruptive influence'

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
But how do you respond to a journalist who asks about him?

You only talk about the positives, and how professionally he has handled the situation. Managers who criticise players publicly seldom keep the support of the dressing room.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
seeing as we are now off topic i would like to offer my opinion that we will struggle to beat scotland and probably lose to the czceks.....that game last night had a completely different aura to our dire , lethargic offering against Croatia.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
seeing as we are now off topic i would like to offer my opinion that we will struggle to beat scotland and probably lose to the czceks.....that game last night had a completely different aura to our dire , lethargic offering against Croatia.

Glad its not just me . . .We may edge the Scotland game but they certainly looked more up for it. could be 3 teams on 4 points come next Tuesday night

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Looks to me as if Arsenal are interested in virtually everyone this summer. I wonder if they are really interested or have just made an enquiry to understand our asking price. Seems as if £50m is the figure. If they pay this, then I'd think we'd have to take it, especially as we have a replacement with Veltman, and Lamptey coming back to fill the RWB slot, with Karbo to provide cover for Lamptey.
Where it would leave the Bissouma potential transfer is anyone's guess.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We would certainly be listening to any offer over £50m.

I would expect other teams to be interested though, and if Ben does leave I would want him to go somewhere better than toxic Arsenal.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If they can't afford Bissouma, how could they afford Ben White?

The ESL debacle and the takeover knockback has left Kronke at serious odds with the Arsenal fan base.

He might be of a mind to spend some of his $10 billion fortune to protect his investment.

Arsenal certainly need to spend big if they want to get back into the Champions League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here