Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Silent Bob said:
That wasn't when the badger was talking about.

Kuipers oly lost his place because of that horrific injury he got at Forest (I'm sure Chez will tell us why the injury was caused by his own bad goalkeeping).
Kuiper lost his place last season because he didn't perform. Maybe it was a hang over from that injury. But his sulk steamed from Chaigenau replacing him. He cannot use the injury as an excuse. He was dropped due to foem. End of.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Mr Burns said:
I just object to people being against a young goalkeeper, because he's not their hero. If we signed Paul Robinson, he wouldn't be good enough to some people all the time Kuipers is here.
Yes, I quite agree. But it seems a lot of people have taken to either the Kuipers or Henderson camps and then feel duty bound to exaggerate "their" man's abilities and the other's faults.

Right now I think Kuipers is the form keeper, Henderson missed Bristol City and Kuipers was excellent, and throughly deserved to keep the shirt. Unfortunately Henderson has spat the dummy over it.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Silent Bob said:
That wasn't when the badger was talking about.

Kuipers oly lost his place because of that horrific injury he got at Forest (I'm sure Chez will tell us why the injury was caused by his own bad goalkeeping).

;) You cant expect to retain your place when youve been out for so long through injury - especially when you're a keeper, who knows if you'll come back the same player. But getting dropped after missing 1 game through international duty! Thats just bollox.

Yoda

English & European
chez said:
Andy Naylor & The Argus actually. And I can confirm that the paper actually said that he refused to apologise to his teamates.

And we should alway beleive everything we read in the papers. :rolleyes:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Mr Burns said:
Kuiper lost his place last season because he didn't perform. Maybe it was a hang over from that injury. But his sulk steamed from Chaigenau replacing him. He cannot use the injury as an excuse. He was dropped due to foem. End of.
You've missed the point. He was only NOT our number one to start with that season because of the injury. I don't know why he was dropped, not form as he did nothing wrng against Leeds but was dropped for no reason for an inferior player.

Yoda

English & European
Silent Bob said:
You've missed the point. He was only NOT our number one to start with that season because of the injury. I don't know why he was dropped, not form as he did nothing wrng against Leeds but was dropped for no reason for an inferior player.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sound fimiliar "Hendo crew"?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
chez said:
;) You cant expect to retain your place when youve been out for so long through injury - especially when you're a keeper, who knows if you'll come back the same player. But getting dropped after missing 1 game through international duty! Thats just bollox.
That's not the point I was making! Of course we had to get a keeper because Kuipers was injured. But when it all kicked off it was because he was dropped for no reason for Chaigneau.

And Kuipers absolutely deserved to keep the shirt. Unfortunate for Hendo (although he wasn't great against Crewe) but the thing to do would've been knuckle down and win back the place, not slap in a transfer request. :shootself

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
chez said:
Andy Naylor & The Argus actually. And I can confirm that the paper actually said that he refused to apologise to his teamates.
And I can confirm that that is bollocks.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Silent Bob said:
Yes, I quite agree. But it seems a lot of people have taken to either the Kuipers or Henderson camps and then feel duty bound to exaggerate "their" man's abilities and the other's faults.

Right now I think Kuipers is the form keeper, Henderson missed Bristol City and Kuipers was excellent, and throughly deserved to keep the shirt. Unfortunately Henderson has spat the dummy over it.
Bu can you not see his point, that he was fit and able to play, but he lost his place because of international duty. Therefore every time he's number one at the Albion, gets called up, Kuipers comes in and plays well, he'll lose his place again. It's hard enough to get the shirt when there are two good keepers going for it, f*** me I now that myself, so losing it on a regular basis because you have international duty, surely means he has to move on. I fail to see how he's spat his dummy.

It could take him months to win the shirt back, then he'll lose it as soon as the international come round again.

I can't see how he can remain at this club, for the good of his career. While I would hate to see him go, I can't see he has any other choice.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Silent Bob said:
That's not the point I was making! Of course we had to get a keeper because Kuipers was injured. But when it all kicked off it was because he was dropped for no reason for Chaigneau.

And Kuipers absolutely deserved to keep the shirt. Unfortunate for Hendo (although he wasn't great against Crewe) but the thing to do would've been knuckle down and win back the place, not slap in a transfer request. :shootself
See my post above. So he wins his place back. For how long?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Silent Bob said:

I agree there, its not very professional at all and Im very suprised, BUT In My Opinion he should never have been in that position - he should have reclaimed the shirt at Millwall no questions asked.

This argument is going to go on & on between 2 sets of fans who ultimately want the same thing. In the end we are all going to have to agree to disagree and accept whatever keeper the manager at the time chooses.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
chez said:
I agree there, its not very professional at all and Im very suprised, BUT In My Opinion he should never have been in that position - he should have reclaimed the shirt at Millwall no questions asked.

This argument is going to go on & on between 2 sets of fans who ultimately want the same thing. In the end we are all going to have to agree to disagree and accept whatever keeper the manager at the time chooses.
Now I disagree with you Chez. I fail to see how its unprofessional. Would you not do the same thing if you were him?

Yoda

English & European
chez said:
Have you spoken to Kuipers, McGhee and the rest of the team about it? If not then you have to go with the local rag, who else is gonna tell you.

I'm not even going to....sod it!

Paper's always 'make up'/'exagerate' stories just to sell a paper. :dunce:

Yoda

English & European
chez said:

So what your saying is one rule for one & one for another?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Mr Burns said:
Bu can you not see his point, that he was fit and able to play, but he lost his place because of international duty. Therefore every time he's number one at the Albion, gets called up, Kuipers comes in and plays well, he'll lose his place again. It's hard enough to get the shirt when there are two good keepers going for it, f*** me I now that myself, so losing it on a regular basis because you have international duty, surely means he has to move on. I fail to see how he's spat his dummy.

It could take him months to win the shirt back, then he'll lose it as soon as the international come round again.

I can't see how he can remain at this club, for the good of his career. While I would hate to see him go, I can't see he has any other choice.
You make a good point. But to do it now? The transfer window has just shut? He knew the situation when we went down, he could've asked in the summer, but now? He should just get on with it. The timing is shit, and it's just one game! At least give it some time. It's a knee jerk reaction, and a poor one.

chez said:

Well I strongly believe that if you play well you should keep the shirt. Kuipers played VERY well at Brizzle, you think it's harsh on Hendo (and you probably have a point) but it would be equally harsh on Kuipers to drop him after that performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here