Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Love the Freddy Flintoff thing with the kids

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And I've always thought cricket is boring as F*** !

Ok, i'll watch test highlights condensed into an hour :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have you watched all three episodes? He did a great job with those kids, getting them to believe in themselves and learning team work. A lot of kids are bored, or ignored but get them interested in something and see the difference.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
A great series but it had a floor to all of us who follow cricket. There is no way Asian kids would not of heard or played cricket. The Lancashire cricket leagues are very strong and club cricket thrives up there.

But that’s me being picky.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A great series but it had a floor to all of us who follow cricket. There is no way Asian kids would not of heard or played cricket. The Lancashire cricket leagues are very strong and club cricket thrives up there.

That's so picky.

And also....the Asian kids I know just want to be doctors. They wouldn't know cricket from locust.

:wink:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

This made me lol. It's not a criticism of your grammar but I had to read it again and again to work out what you were on about (I think it's a hangover from Poyet and his ceiling)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This made me lol. It's not a criticism of your grammar but I had to read it again and again to work out what you were on about (I think it's a hangover from Poyet and his ceiling)

Glad I wasn't the only one - it wasn't immediately obvious

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

You are clearly very knowledgeable about Asian kids living in the northwest of England.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Is Freddies side still going this season.. Afgan lad looked like he could play at a decent standard

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Is Freddies side still going this season.. Afgan lad looked like he could play at a decent standard

said in the credits half the lads had joined the Vernon club & the young Afgan was currently training with Lancs youngsters. Fingers crossed he will finally get residency.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
said in the credits half the lads had joined the Vernon club & the young Afgan was currently training with Lancs youngsters. Fingers crossed he will finally get residency.

His foster parents were lovely. At 16 he couldn't speak a word of English but had picked up cricket in Afghanistan. The veteran professionals were impressed with his talent. He looked so despairing at Liverpool when his asylum was postponed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here