Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2022/23 Edition

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Worthing fixtures are out.

Start the season at home to Dover Athletic.

Ohhhhh, I'm guessing that the other are out too.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Should probs just post the lot :cheers:

wortyhingfixtures.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
MODS, get off your fat arses, put the champagne and caviar down and bloody well merge these threads.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1.jpg

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.isthmian.co.uk/fixtures-released-71480

Saturday, August 13th, 2022

ISTHMIAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
Billericay Town v. Cray Wanderers
Bishops Stortford v. Haringey Borough
Bognor Regis Town v. Hornchurch
Canvey Island v. Horsham
Carshalton Athletic v. Brightlingsea Regent
Corinthian-Casuals v. Bowers & Pitsea
Enfield Town v. Folkestone Invicta
Hastings United v. Aveley
Herne Bay v. Potters Bar Town
Margate v. Kingstonian
Wingate & Finchley v. Lewes

Tuesday, August 16th, 2022

Bowers & Pitsea v. Margate
Brightlingsea Regent v. Canvey Island
Folkestone Invicta v. Hastings United
Haringey Borough v. Herne Bay
Hornchurch v. Enfield Town
Horsham v. Corinthian-Casuals
Lewes v. Carshalton Athletic
Potters Bar Town v. Bishops Stortford

Monday, August 29th, 2022

Aveley v. Corinthian-Casuals
Bowers & Pitsea v. Canvey Island
Brightlingsea Regent v. Billericay Town
Cray Wanderers v. Margate
Folkestone Invicta v. Herne Bay
Haringey Borough v. Wingate & Finchley
Hornchurch v. Bishops Stortford
Horsham v. Bognor Regis Town
Kingstonian v. Carshalton Athletic
Lewes v. Hastings United
Potters Bar Town v. Enfield Town

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://worthingfc.com/2022/06/afternoon-of-pre-season-football/

Worthing Football Club host a 3-way round of pre-season friendlies with Whitehawk and Winchester City on Saturday 16th July.

On Saturday 16th July we will be hosting a full afternoon of pre-season football as Whitehawk and Winchester City join us at the Crucial Environmental Stadium for a round of fixtures.

The three clubs will play each other once, with each game being 30 minutes each way.

Game 1: KO 1.30pm – Worthing v Winchester City

Game 2: KO 3.15pm – Winchester City v Whitehawk

Game 3: KO 5.00pm – Whitehawk v Worthing

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] whats the skinny on Southwick's return to OBW?

Last news was that it was dead and buried and that the RM foundation had gone in a different direction or something; now Southwick FC are, dare I say it, coming home?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pretty decent performance and result for Worthing today, 1-1 against Dover. First half was very decent, second half I think the heat took it out of them a bit as the quality of the game dropped off a bit. Missed penalty (wide) for Worthing always frustrating.

Some of the Dover fans pre match were very scabby in the pub, turned up shirtless with cans of Stella, naffed everyone off, landlord told them to **** off. When the same lot got to the ground they tried to start on the Worthing fans in the ground. Pathetic behaviour, reminiscent of the way some Albion ‘fans’ behave home and away. Shame really as plenty of their fans were decent.

Pretty decent performance and result for Worthing today, 1-1 against Dover. First half was very decent, second half I think the heat took it out of them a bit as the quality of the game dropped off a bit. Missed penalty (wide) for Worthing always frustrating.

Some of the Dover fans pre match were very scabby in the pub, turned up shirtless with cans of Stella, naffed everyone off, landlord told them to **** off. When the same lot got to the ground they tried to start on the Worthing fans in the ground. Pathetic behaviour, reminiscent of the way some Albion ‘fans’ behave home and away. Shame really as plenty of their fans were decent.

I went to the match today. Have to concur. There was a small group of Dover fans who clearly haven’t left Dover for a while, high on booze & looking for trouble. I note that eventually two police turned up, but not having segregation was a touch naive. Crowd of 1506 was decent & the result fair

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Ambled up the road to watch Littlehampton dispatch Broadbridge Heath 3-1 in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round this afternoon. They've added some roll-out hard plastic matting around the grassed perimiter to meet Step 4 criteria, and there are a few other improvements at The Sportsfield - new turnstiles, a new programme and toilets which are now actually usable. They've also sorted the licensing issue which had previously prevented supporters taking alcohol pitchside. Decent enough performance, but they'll have to work a lot harder to get results in the Isthmian League - starting at Faversham next Saturday. Goal of the day was from George Gaskin, who got on the end of a superb lofted pass from Joe Benn to head over the onrushing keeper for Littlehampton's third. A crowd of 429 not to be sniffed at, either, for such a low key game. Next round is at either Waltham & Hersham or Kennington (Ashford), who drew 2-2 today.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I also took in some FA Cup action as went to Peacehaven v Croydon. A 2-2 draw. Peacehaven we’re comfortably the better team although did need a dubious last minute penalty to rescue a replay. I think the referee was evening up as Croydon’s 2nd goal should have been disallowed for a foul. Shout out to Croydon’s manager who looked like Neil Warnock and abused the referee even more than him.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I also took in some FA Cup action as went to Peacehaven v Croydon. A 2-2 draw. Peacehaven we’re comfortably the better team although did need a dubious last minute penalty to rescue a replay. I think the referee was evening up as Croydon’s 2nd goal should have been disallowed for a foul. Shout out to Croydon’s manager who looked like Neil Warnock and abused the referee even more than him.
Should we be surprised to hear about someone horrible from Croydon?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Went to the game with a friend. Enjoyed for a change and good crowd. Maybe something to do with first game of season but surprised how poor quality was from both sides.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ambled up the road to watch Littlehampton dispatch Broadbridge Heath 3-1 in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round this afternoon. They've added some roll-out hard plastic matting around the grassed perimiter to meet Step 4 criteria, and there are a few other improvements at The Sportsfield - new turnstiles, a new programme and toilets which are now actually usable. They've also sorted the licensing issue which had previously prevented supporters taking alcohol pitchside. Decent enough performance, but they'll have to work a lot harder to get results in the Isthmian League - starting at Faversham next Saturday. Goal of the day was from George Gaskin, who got on the end of a superb lofted pass from Joe Benn to head over the onrushing keeper for Littlehampton's third. A crowd of 429 not to be sniffed at, either, for such a low key game. Next round is at either Waltham & Hersham or Kennington (Ashford), who drew 2-2 today.

First round of the FA Cup, low key? it's a big day on our calendar at Horsham YMCA, the romance of the cup, and from a business sense the opportunity to make some serious money if you can get a run going and the draw is kind to you.

Having said that we bowed out at the first stage yet again yesterday, losing 3-0 at home to a very professional Beckenham Town outfit, recently promoted out of the Combined Counties League and into the Isthmian ranks.

Oh well, there is always next season!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Went to the game……. but surprised how poor quality was from both sides.

Do you mean compared to watching the Albion/Premier League football, or compared to Worthing last season? I thought the first half they played very well, kept Dover at bay, considering they were 2 divisions apart last season it really wasn’t bad. Second half flopped I think, the heat, first game of the season rustiness, and after the missed pen I think both teams had sort of run out of ideas, and energy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here