Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Viera

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I honestly don't know how we've arrived here. Since crowds have come back from lockdown, the DICKHEADS have really started taking over. I think drugs is undoubtedly the biggest factor, but why has it suddenly got so much worse ?

Nonsense it’s got **** all to do with drugs. Drugs were/have always been there. It’s an easy target which the government has taken. It’s a much larger problem within society, working class, poverty and an anger that seems to be rife post lockdown.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nonsense it’s got **** all to do with drugs. Drugs were/have always been there. It’s an easy target which the government has taken. It’s a much larger problem within society, working class, poverty and an anger that seems to be rife post lockdown.

Of which drugs has become an inevitable and more ubiquitous symptom at football - I'm certainly noticing it more and more of late in the ground, and on the trains. Pissheads have always been a factor, but the drug element has ramped up massively in the last 12-18 months.

There was an account from a journalist attending an England game this year at Wembley. He reported that there was a massive queue in the mens gents - not for the urinals, which were largely vacant. The queue was for the cubicles.

Wonder why that was.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Of which drugs has become an inevitable and more ubiquitous symptom at football - I'm certainly noticing it more and more of late in the ground, and on the trains. Pissheads have always been a factor, but the drug element has ramped up massively in the last 12-18 months.

There was an account from a journalist attending an England game this year at Wembley. He reported that there was a massive queue in the mens gents - not for the urinals, which were largely vacant. The queue was for the cubicles.

Wonder why that was.

Drugs have always been a part of football. That’s a fact. The difference maybe it’s now accepted more as a norm so people are less obvious. I was in Brighton tonight and there were a group of about 8 kids boys and girls doing keys up a lane not far from the mash tun.

Drugs don’t make everyone an aggressive mess there is a much bigger problem going on. Drugs are just a part of it. Bigger issues other than drugs need to be addressed.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The issue here is social media and showing off to friends and pals. The person goading this was clearly posting this shit for likes and some sort of approval from peers or other bellends online.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
It doesn't help when managers set a bad example. Last night, Sheffield United's manager got sent off for ramming the ball into a Forest player's stomach. Tonight it was Port Vale's manager's turn to get his marching order for an incident with a Swindon player. The latter game was also affected by problems with fans on the pitch after the shootout.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Wonder why that was.

They could've all had the chronic shits. Especially if they'd eaten dodgy food from Laaandaaan street vendors a few hours previously.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Drugs have always been a part of football. That’s a fact. The difference maybe it’s now accepted more as a norm so people are less obvious. I was in Brighton tonight and there were a group of about 8 kids boys and girls doing keys up a lane not far from the mash tun.

Drugs don’t make everyone an aggressive mess there is a much bigger problem going on. Drugs are just a part of it. Bigger issues other than drugs need to be addressed.

I don't disagree with what you are saying. But I am speaking from my own personal experience as someone who has been going to football regularly since 1986. Drugs have always been there to an extent, but its gaining more traction now. Its getting bigger and more noticable inside and outside stadiums, and the effects are becoming more overt now, with pitch invasions resulting in attacks. This is a new and more sinister side-effect of some people being spacked out on charlie, charging round the pitch thinking they can do whatever the f*ck they want.

I don't know how you control this. If several thousand people want to storm the pitch then its nothing new, and not much that can be done about it. But what IS new is this malignant element, who want to take it as an opportunity to goad, or to give someone from the opposition a clump.

Its so depressing.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I don't disagree with what you are saying. But I am speaking from my own personal experience as someone who has been going to football regularly since 1986. Drugs have always been there to an extent, but its gaining more traction now. Its getting bigger and more noticable inside and outside stadiums, and the effects are becoming more overt now, with pitch invasions resulting in attacks. This is a new and more sinister side-effect of some people being spacked out on charlie, charging round the pitch thinking they can do whatever the f*ck they want.

I don't know how you control this. If several thousand people want to storm the pitch then its nothing new, and not much that can be done about it. But what IS new is this malignant element, who want to take it as an opportunity to goad, or to give someone from the opposition a clump.

Its so depressing.

It’s incredibly depressing. The celebrations are aggressive and nasty, selfish and lack any empathy. What happened to sportsmanship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They could've all had the chronic shits. Especially if they'd eaten dodgy food from Laaandaaan street vendors a few hours previously.

Yeah, and Rebekah Vardy's agents phone 'accidentally' ended up in the North Sea.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003

Its so depressing.

Regarding the drug issue coke in the 80's and 90's was a lot stronger. The shit their bunging up the nose is only about 40% coke.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Whilst I agree the Everton fan is total scum, I don't think anyone should be condoning Viera's actions.

Dickhead fans are part and parcel of everyday life for anyone involved in the game.
Looked like he lost his rag because his team massively ****ed up, rather than he was in any danger from the fan.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Cocaine and Meth are absolutely playing a part in the rise of this sort of violent behaviour.

My Mrs has been a Paramedic for 20+ years and the coke and meth heads are way different to the drug users of 20 years ago. Coke is far more readily used now among the less Elie circles for one.

She feels far less safe dealing with people on drugs now due to the types of the drugs that are most prevalent and the behaviour it elicits in those taking them.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
So many of these idiots are only around 18-21. With 2 years of Covid it does feel a bit like they're making up for lost time. Same with the Euros.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Whilst I agree the Everton fan is total scum, I don't think anyone should be condoning Viera's actions.

Dickhead fans are part and parcel of everyday life for anyone involved in the game.
Looked like he lost his rag because his team massively ****ed up, rather than he was in any danger from the fan.

Unlikely. This was a nothing game for Palace. Much more likely something offensive was said. I back Viera completely. The fan shouldn’t have been on the pitch.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So many of these idiots are only around 18-21. With 2 years of Covid it does feel a bit like they're making up for lost time. Same with the Euros.

I think there is a lot in that theory. Behaviour in schools has deteriorated massively since kids came back after Covid. That’s in the whole range of quality of schools. There was enormous focus on mental health but not on how to behave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here