Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion chants you never hear anymore AND funniest crowd moments!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
And no, I don't want anything racist or homophobic, thank you.

I remember at Withers, a group of fans in the "singing section" (sigh) used to do the "and number 1 was Peter Ward, and number 2 was Peter Ward" etc (Yellow Submarine). Probably haven't heard that in 18 years.

Also, the lesser heard "Seagulls, Seagulls" cry, largely forgotten for "Allllbiiiioooon, Allllbiiiioooon".

And a funny... again at Withdean, we were leading Rochdale I believe and they made a sub, bringing off striker Robbie Painter. Coinciding with a quiet moment, some bloke yells "Robbie, you should've stayed a painter, you're SHIT".

Laughter and merriment all round, even from the bitter old cow sat next to me for that season ticket. Oh, and we won.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My favourite at Withdean was when Dennis Wise came with Millwall

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-do
You've got a midget managing you

He even turned round and laughed himself.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The Shoreham road ??? Are you from Brighton?

Actually, are there any local historians who know what became the "new" Shoreham road? Or is it a reference to Shoreham being old? My knowledge of these things is hugely lacking

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A favourite funny shout of mine came from a mate at Withdean. After a very dubious offside was given he stood up and shouted at the top of his voice "I've got a better standard of lino in my ****ing kitchen" :lolol:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Then there was a game, away to Hartlepool - I think - with the worst linesman I have ever seen. Or will ever see. He gave an offside (in our favour) from a throw in.

Fair enough, maybe he had a brain fart. He must know the rules.

A few minutes later, he gives one from a goal kick. Again, in our favour. He was being heckled by fans of both teams, it was deeply embarrassing. Anyone else remember this??

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
At the back of the Goldstone east terrace.
Old fella used to shout 'eeerrit comes' whenever we got the ball to the edge of the opponents box.
He was right now and again as well.
:goal:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I remember back in the Goldstone days in mid/late 70's a chant "Hit him on the head, hit him on the head, hit him on the head with a baseball bat, oh yeah oh yeah hit him on the head with a baseball bat"..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here