Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Man City v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Etihad Stadium
Date: Wednesday 20th April 2022
Kick-off: 20:00 BST
Referee: The Complete And Utter Shyster
Assistants: Darren Cann, Edward Smart
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Additional VAR: Neil Davies

TEAM NEWS

Manchester City remain without Kyle Walker because of an ankle issue.

City will continue to assess Kevin de Bruyne and Ilkay Gundogan, who were not risked against Liverpool on Saturday because of respective foot and knee issues.

Ruben Dias, who is poised to return after seven weeks out, will also be monitored.

Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma begins a two-game ban after accumulating 10 yellow cards.

Steven Alzate could come back into contention after missing the win at Tottenham through illness.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Manchester City are unbeaten in all 11 of their previous home league games against Brighton (W9, D2).
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost eight of their nine Premier League matches against City, with the exception last season's 3-2 victory at Amex Stadium.
Man City

• [*=left]City's 2-2 draw with Liverpool saw them become the 20th and final team to drop Premier League points from a winning position this season.
    [*=left]They have won each of their previous 18 league matches on a Wednesday.
    [*=left]Kevin de Bruyne is vying to score in three consecutive league games for the first time since October 2015.
    [*=left]Phil Foden has scored four Premier League goals versus Brighton, more than against any other side.
    [*=left]Riyad Mahrez is one shy of 250 Premier League appearances. He would become the first Algerian to reach the milestone.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have recorded back-to-back league victories after failing to win any of their previous seven.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have not won three consecutive top-flight matches since October 2018.
    [*=left]Graham Potter's side need one point to equal their highest total in a Premier League season (they earned 41 in 2019-20 and 2020-21).
    [*=left]They have only won one of their 16 Premier League games on a Wednesday, though that victory came away at then-champions Liverpool last season.
    [*=left]Having netted against Arsenal and Tottenham, Leandro Trossard has the chance to become the first Brighton player to score in three consecutive Premier League away fixtures.
    [*=left]Albion have won just one of the last 18 league games (D11, L6) in which Yves Bissouma did not feature.

Graham Potter's Man City Press Conference

[tweet]1516839141975240713[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1516839141975240713

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
After Liverpool's routing of Man utd the pressure is on city for a result. They're either going to batter us or crumble and we'll get a result.

Go on the albion!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Away from home, we have hope. It’s really not as simple as a title contender handing us our posteria.

I can see another packed midfield with a false 9 such as Trossard playing.

If we avoid back luck, we could grab a point or so.

This is the best away season in our history - it’s time to upset the apple cart again!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Intriguing game tonight. I imagine we’ll be brimming with confidence with little pressure on us. How mentally tough are City? We know how good their players are. The crowd’s reaction if City don’t take an early lead or go behind could influence the game

The bookies give us pretty well no chance

City 2/11
Draw 6/1
Albion win 16/1

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I think City will come out at a gazillion miles an hour (approx.). If we get through the first 15 minutes without conceding it'll get really interesting

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No better time to play the old Citzens

Pressure will be on them tonight and the home fans will be on them if they are aren’t ahead after 15 minutes. A real test of bottle for them

Hopefully we set up in a similar way to our last two, play without fear and see Pep and our Graham caught in a touch line bust up after a famous Albion victory

16/1 mind!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
After the dippers demolition of Manure last night, I can only guess Citeh will be more determined to get back in the PL nest tonight.
Stranger things have happened.

Cough cough Arse and Spuds.....

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
After Liverpool's routing of Man utd the pressure is on city for a result. They're either going to batter us or crumble and we'll get a result.

Go on the albion!

Manchester City crumble... chance would be a fine thing.

After our last 2 results I'm hopeful we can sneak something... who knows, just hope we don't get battered but we've got a good record of playing very well v the top teams...!

Such a shame Yves is out after his last couple of performances.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Unfair to expect anything here ...As has been said, City having been dumped out of the cup have got something to prove and they have the power to hurt us.
But......you never know. . .? ... I think it is time to relax and enjoy the game whatever happens :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Go on the albion!

Head says batter.
Heart says...

... batter.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
These are a decent side.

Albion will need maximum FLAIR and SILK to haul a sweet sweet bag full of 3 points back down to the south coast.

We are the form team I’m going for a 1-2 win with the Cucu-Mwepu-Tross trifecta in full effect.

#GULLS #UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here