Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 9th place finish anyone?......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That was absolutely brilliant. Nearly didn't make it as I had to take Mrs T to A&E with a an excruciatingly debilitating trapped nerve in the morning. Luckily the wait was so long (4 hours minimum) she said '**** it, take me home and I'll treat it with gin and class A drugs*' and I was able to pick up my boy and meet up with two Very Fine Fellows of this parish for beer and football. What a day!

*I may have made that last bit up. It could have been a paracetamol and hot bath.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
That was absolutely brilliant. Nearly didn't make it as I had to take Mrs T to A&E with a an excruciatingly debilitating trapped nerve in the morning. Luckily the wait was so long (4 hours minimum) she said '**** it, take me home and I'll treat it with gin and class A drugs*' and I was able to pick up my boy and meet up with two Very Fine Fellows of this parish for beer and football. What a day!

*I may have made that last bit up. It could have been a paracetamol and hot bath.

yes, but how's the wife?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If the super league had happened I’m advised we’d have finished 3rd.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Hope Mrs HWT is feeling better. Gin & Class A Drugs seem perfectly reasonable BTW...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hope Mrs HWT is feeling better. Gin & Class A Drugs seem perfectly reasonable BTW...

Indeed. She is, apparently, bzzzzzng. :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So despite a gruesome Feb/March, we've finished behind the established top 6 and a couple of high-achieving interlopers.

From 91st to 9th in 25 years. Not TOO shabby.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I read somewhere that Crystal Palace FC, the famed Barcelona of South Norwood, have never finished as high as ninth in the Premier League era nor amassed 51 points in a season during that time. That can't be true, can it? Perhaps some of those regular visitors to this site from up the road can put me straight on this obvious error.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I read somewhere that Crystal Palace FC, the famed Barcelona of South Norwood, have never finished as high as ninth in the Premier League era nor amassed 51 points in a season during that time. That can't be true, can it? Perhaps some of those regular visitors to this site from up the road can put me straight on this obvious error.

Ouch! That must smart, if true.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
We’ll not be getting an answer from 90% of them. They only come on here when we lose and they win

Well I am old enough to remember football before the premier league so for me the highest ever is 3rd in division 1 but you are correct palace haven’t finished as high in the premier league as 9th.

Although personally I am very pleased with our season, taking 4 point of the champions, beating Man U at home for the first time since 91; beating both Arsenal and spurs and getting to the FA cup semi final, I have to admit I am disappointed with 12 th but it’s small margins for 4 or 5 clubs in the mid table.

So it’s a second tick to BHA in the last 30 years. Let’s do it all again next season.

Now get the stumps knocked in and I will see some of you down at the Hove county ground for the proper sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here