Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Capital Punishment

Capital punishment

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Putting together a show for Latest TV debating a hypothetical referendum in this country for the return of capital punishment.

Clearly for balance I have one speaker for it and one against it but for some kind of pre show research I wanted to gauge the opinion in the broad church that is NSC.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No thanks.

I'd hate to live in a country where the state killed citizens as part of the law.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I voted for the bottom, but that would be in extreme cases and only if there is absolutely no doubt. Beyond reasonable doubt, prison, no doubt then execution if the person may be deemed to be unrehabilitatable by psychiatrists.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Put them in a cell, lock the door and tell them that this is your life until you die. All the best... :thumbsup:

A worse fate than execution I reckon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Putting together a show for Latest TV debating a hypothetical referendum in this country for the return of capital punishment.

Clearly for balance I have one speaker for it and one against it but for some kind of pre show research I wanted to gauge the opinion in the broad church that is NSC.

You seem to have set up a poll where everyone can see what everyone else voted for Lenny, but don't seem to have voted yourself. Any reason ?

I'd find it hard to believe that you don't have a view on it :wink:

Last edited:

papachris

Although there are some heinous crimes that happen you have to keep emotions out of it.Shouldn't happen in a civilised country. So many miscarriages of justice have happened in the past. Once someone has been executed you can't go back later and say 'sorry it was a mistake '

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Works well in Russia.

I assume and hope and (if I were religious would) pray that you were being ironic. If I'm wrong I would be deeply saddened. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Apologies for digging you out in my reply above (which I posted without reading your opener - my bad).

It is useful to revisit this regularly, just as it is useful to have things like holocaust museums, lest we not forget. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here