Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2022/23

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Anyone running the gauntlet of getting to London for the Saints v Vikings at Tottenham this weekend?
Finances didn't allow us to go this year unfortunately (especially as the missus is a Vikes fan) but, if Im honest, I never truly enjoy the London games as the atmosphere just doesn't feel right once you've been to a game in the US....IMO

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Anyone running the gauntlet of getting to London for the Saints v Vikings at Tottenham this weekend?
Finances didn't allow us to go this year unfortunately (especially as the missus is a Vikes fan) but, if Im honest, I never truly enjoy the London games as the atmosphere just doesn't feel right once you've been to a game in the US....IMO

As a Seahawks fan, I was excited to see we're playing in Europe this season – a game against the Bucs in Munich in November. Reachable from Dubai, I thought, plus it's my birthday so could be a treat – and eagerly awaited the day tickets went on sale.

At the moment the website opened, they had 800,000 people in the queue, for a 70,000-seat stadium. Altogether, over 3 million people tried to buy tickets.

Madness.

(Ah well, guess we're shit this season anyway!)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
As a Seahawks fan, I was excited to see we're playing in Europe this season – a game against the Bucs in Munich in November. Reachable from Dubai, I thought, plus it's my birthday so could be a treat – and eagerly awaited the day tickets went on sale.

At the moment the website opened, they had 800,000 people in the queue, for a 70,000-seat stadium. Altogether, over 3 million people tried to buy tickets.

Madness.

(Ah well, guess we're shit this season anyway!)

My son is a lifelong Bucs fan and was really excited to see they're coming over to Europe, and desperately wanted to go.
Realized it wasn't going to happen, and he said it would be easier for him to just to hop on a plane to Tampa if he wanted to see them.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Vikings / Saints started as a bit of a slow burner, but great second half and finish. Great for the fans at the game and those that made it over (had a number from both teams on my flight from Calgary yesterday).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
2DAAD415-F480-4EDC-8AF3-2425F41BBF6C.jpeg

Could be the season of the EAGLES

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
What a fun slate of games that was yesterday :clap2:
The wife was happy her Vikes got the day off to to good start, then we wandered down to the pub to watch Redzone with about a dozen other local NFL fans as they've started doing "NFL Sundays"...inc free wings for everyone!

Nice :cool:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Crazy game for Seattle, 48-45 over Detroit.

Offence was a revelation: we scored on every possession we had apart from one (should have been a score, but for a badly-skanked FG attempt), didn't give up a single sack and delivered the first game in franchise history without a single punt.

Yet our car crash defence meant the win still wasn't certain until the very end!

Jul 7, 2003
Bad day for the Broncos - not only lost to the Silver & Black Clowns but also looks like we may have lost our only decent RB for the season.

Leaves us with Melvin 'teflon gloves' Gordon as our main RB who will happily fumble the ball to opponents on a regular basis.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Crazy game for Seattle, 48-45 over Detroit.

Offence was a revelation: we scored on every possession we had apart from one (should have been a score, but for a badly-skanked FG attempt), didn't give up a single sack and delivered the first game in franchise history without a single punt.

Yet our car crash defence meant the win still wasn't certain until the very end!

Thats some stat considering the great offensive players you've had over the years, right back to the early days of Dave Krieg and Steve Largent :eek:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Vegas Raiders finally win

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
To be honest I am so glad I can get enjoyment watching the other games, as watching the Commanders is just unbearable right now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bad day for the Broncos - not only lost to the Silver & Black Clowns but also looks like we may have lost our only decent RB for the season.

Leaves us with Melvin 'teflon gloves' Gordon as our main RB who will happily fumble the ball to opponents on a regular basis.

Gordon was great in his rookie season for…………… San Diego

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Didn't go yesterday, but am going on Sunday to see the Packers.

I'm lucky enough to have seen the Packers in Green Bay - it was minus something stupid, so I expect the weather - and the atmosphere to be very different.

I image the vast majority of fans on Sunday will be Packers fans - after all t's the first time they've been over here .

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

I'm lucky enough to have seen the Packers in Green Bay - it was minus something stupid, so I expect the weather - and the atmosphere to be very different.

I image the vast majority of fans on Sunday will be Packers fans - after all t's the first time they've been over here .

There will be loads of Packers fans - guaranteed.
I would've loved to be there to see them as Brett Favre is one of my all time heroes and we have friends in Green Bay, but unfortunately cant get there this year.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
BTW - if anyone fancies joining our Redzone evenings on a Sunday, its at the Spanish Lady in Saltdean from 6pm onwards.

The Spanish Lady has (rightfully) had a bad reputation for years, but the new owners are really on board with trying to clean up its image and they are fully behind getting the NFL Sundays up and running.
We had about 30 there in Week 1, and about a dozen last night - with free food laid on by the owner. Not everyone can make every week obviously, but there will always be somebody there.
Hoping we can get Superbowl Sunday arranged as well....

Just turn up (in your team colours if you wish to), introduce yourselves, grab a drink, & enjoy an evening of commercial free football with like-minded fans who love the game!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Not sure, Giants are well supported everywhere as well.

Whilst not holding out any hope for a win, we’re also attending and based on your post may be easy to spot 😉😃

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here