Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12 Points Above The Drop Zone.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ok first things first, l know that we are almost certainly safe and are guaranteed, (feel very wary every time l use that word), a further season in the Premier League, but is anyone else more than a little concerned at our sudden loss of form?

Marooned on 33 points for a while now, four straight defeats, only one goal scored, and with no one seemingly knowing where and when the next goal is coming from.

Statistics wise we seem to boss almost every match, so what's gone wrong? I dare say we will end up "safe" in our customary position of 15th or 16th. It looked so much better for so long though didn't it!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
3 home games coming up in a row now - definitely need to improve the run at home. If we don’t beat Norwich then we may as well give up

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not sure what the question is, but I definitely think - if we try our best - that we can cut that lead to 3pts going into the last couple of fixtures to give our Sky Masters the finale they want? Is that the right answer? :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At the start of the season anyone who wouldn't have taken 12 points above the drop zone, in March, is deluded.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not very long ago we were as many points away from Palace as we were from Man Utd. Look how that’s gone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shitting my pants, we are THAT team

We are going down, nailed on

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not sure what the question is, but I definitely think - if we try our best - that we can cut that lead to 3pts going into the last couple of fixtures to give our Sky Masters the finale they want? Is that the right answer? :)

It wasn't really a question, more of an observation. In any case the mere fact that we have slipped from 9th to 13th in the table in no time at all will disappoint an awful lot of posters l'm sure.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
At the start of the season anyone who wouldn't have taken 12 points above the drop zone, in March, is deluded.

Deluded? Like, is there anyone in the rest of the world .. or something like that .... who isn't deluded?

Maybe it's just a favourite word, or something ..........................

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not overly concerned.. just grateful about the number of points. Last season was freaky, from the number of chances and the general standard of play the team deserved to be in the top 10 with quite a bit of margin. This season there has been too many poor performances (which I mainly believe is down to the struggle to get any continuity in the team due to injuries, covid, AFCON, player sales and contract situations probably messing with the heads of some players) and reality is catching up. Stay up, bit of squad revamp in the summer, then go at it again next season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m confident that we’ll win at least one more game, hopefully making 39 points.

Webster should make a difference.

The creative/forward players who’ve lost their verve and cutting edge, can’t all flop for the rest of the season …. can they?

Trossard’s a mystery to me. In the winter to me he seemed a £60m player who’d slot into a ManC team no problem. Now titting around with far too many touches.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Europe was always a ridiculous pipe dream this season, if we had of achieved it it would have impacted on our league results next time round anyway.

Ah but what a 72 hours they were?

By impact do you mean 'win more'?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not overly concerned.. just grateful about the number of points. Last season was freaky, from the number of chances and the general standard of play the team deserved to be in the top 10 with quite a bit of margin. This season there has been too many poor performances (which I mainly believe is down to the struggle to get any continuity in the team due to injuries, covid, AFCON, player sales and contract situations probably messing with the heads of some players) and reality is catching up. Stay up, bit of squad revamp in the summer, then go at it again next season.

A lot of truth in this. In 2020/21 we were bossing teams, creating chance after chance, we should’ve won so many more games. Not at that level this season creatively by a long chalk.

Ben White was key in the transition from defending our box to counter attacking. That style of play a distant memory.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’m confident that we’ll win at least one more game, hopefully making 39 points.

Webster should make a difference.

The creative/forward players who’ve lost their verve and cutting edge, can’t all flop for the rest of the season …. can they?

Trossard’s a mystery to me. In the winter to me he seemed a £60m player who’d slot into a ManC team no problem. Now titting around with far too many touches.

Well if the likes of Trossard and Bissouma continue to tit around for much longer, then they can probably wave goodbye to big money moves to the Premier League elite in the the summer, they need to compete in every game, not just now and again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here