Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
No one takes you seriously as you think the hard left starts at Rory Stewart. It's fine defending Liz Truss, but you need to actually come up some examples of what she has done well during the current crisis. I notice you are studiously ignoring requests to do that in favour of throwing around insults. I imagine the many fine conservatives on here find you hugely embarrassing.

I won’t be insulting anyone lofty, I was merely pointing out that the far left like targeting conservative women, if it somehow happens to be a British Asian woman…that’s red meat to the head tilters.
As for the foul and abusive language directed towards the Foreign Secretary. As Bozza has said on many occasion, please, keep it civil eh.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I won’t be insulting anyone lofty, I was merely pointing out that the far left like targeting conservative women, if it somehow happens to be a British Asian woman…that’s red meat to the head tilters.
As for the foul and abusive language directed towards the Foreign Secretary. As Bozza has said on many occasion, please, keep it civil eh.

I do not wish to engage with you but to say be very careful with your allegations. Not so long ago you were banned for a very serious false allegation against me. After discussion with others I decided not to take it any further but your were very lucky. You won’t be so lucky again.

Don’t bother to reply, I won’t be engaging again or derailing the thread. Just a word to the wise.

As you were.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I agree with you but seeing her so far out of her depth and making silly comments that the Russians are using to justify upping the game with threat of nukes

We need poker players not idiots like Truss

She may be stupid but the idea that Putin put the nuclear threat on the table because of anything she said is laughable. He has underestimated the Ukrainian resistance and needs to finish this before his economy collapses and he gets a bullet in the back of the head. He is using the nuclear threat to try and get a rapid negotiated settlement, save face and keep Ukraine out of NATO.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She may be stupid but the idea that Putin put the nuclear threat on the table because of anything she said is laughable. He has underestimated the Ukrainian resistance and needs to finish this before his economy collapses and he gets a bullet in the back of the head. He is using the nuclear threat to try and get a rapid negotiated settlement, save face and keep Ukraine out of NATO.

Absolutely agree. They are now in talks. That wasn’t on the cards last Friday. Putin needs to settle this. And he knows it.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I agree the nuclear thing is not down to her. That’s Putin through and through. However I don’t think she should be anywhere near this.

Apart from being antagonistic, encouraging untrained civilians to join the battle in Ukraine is troublesome. Apart from being illegal, if they were to go they would almost certainly cost lives as trained soldiers and medics risk themselves to look after them.

And that goes for any minister form any country setting up a league of volunteers or encouraging civilians to travel to Ukraine and get stuck in. Most wouldn’t last a day.

Ukraine is currently full of untrained civilians going to battle against the Russian invaders. Would you recommend they all hide in their basements until it's all over Bear in mind NATO is not sending any combat troops to take their place.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can we save someone the job of putting together a World Cup style tournament of polls to find the thickest by just skipping to the final?

Truss vs Dorries - a titanic clash for the ages.

Then we toss the winner into a pit with a hungry honey badger.

Hang about, when did Raab, Kwarteng, Eustice, Dowden, Rees-Mogg, Braverman and Johnson get knocked out ?

Do you remember the good old days when parties kept their swivel eyed loonies on the back benches, rather than in the Cabinet :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ukraine is currently full of untrained civilians going to battle against the Russian invaders. Would you recommend they all hide in their basements until it's all over Bear in mind NATO is not sending any combat troops to take their place.

I see what you are saying. I see that as almost irrelevant though as there is no way you could stop them defending their country in the same way we would fight to defend the U.K. if we needed to.
But yep, fair point.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hang about, when did Raab, Kwarteng, Eustice, Dowden, Rees-Mogg, Braverman and Johnson get knocked out ?

Do you remember the good old days when parties kept their swivel eyed loonies were on the back benches, rather than in the Cabinet :lolol:

I just remember the days when the Tories has some decent statesmen and women. But it's getting distant.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not like I know everything or even much about her but I get the impression that if she is the best foreign minister you can find among your 67 million citizens... then you're in deep trouble.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Not like I know everything or even much about her but I get the impression that if she is the best foreign minister you can find among your 67 million citizens... then you're in deep trouble.

This, with bells on - but then you could say that about PM, Ministers for Health, Education, Home Secretary and the made up posts like Levelling Up - a pretty sorry shower all round to be honest.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I have to be honest, it hadn't occurred to me but now you've pointed it out, I certainly agree. The mods should stop people posting four asterisks together as I can now see how upsetting it must be to some of the more delicate posters on NSC :thumbsup:

Agree. Seems to be a few fragile, woke snowflakes on here and most of them just trolling and getting offended

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Do you think the UK are a big player in these sanctions and moves against Putin?

They've probably not heard of her.

i expect they remember her as the one who believes that she is a serious player but pronounces, "minsk" as "minks" :facepalm:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

I'm not sure if you're aware, but while Liz Truss, is Britiish and a woman, she isn't asian. I'm also amused byt the phrase " i won't be insulting anyone" followed imediately by an insult.

Oh and please can you provide us with a defence of Liz Truss based on her actual deeds and words so we can get the thread back on track

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I have to be honest, it hadn't occurred to me but now you've pointed it out, I certainly agree. The mods should stop people posting four asterisks together as I can now see how upsetting it must be to some of the more delicate posters on NSC :thumbsup:

At last Watters old son, we agree on something, we all need to change our way and be a little more kind to each other. [emoji1303]As Bozza reminded us ALL, debate robustly and never resort to abuse.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I'm not sure if you're aware, but while Liz Truss, is Britiish and a woman, she isn't asian. I'm also amused byt the phrase " i won't be insulting anyone" followed imediately by an insult.

Oh and please can you provide us with a defence of Liz Truss based on her actual deeds and words so we can get the thread back on track

I was referring to the Home Secretary, on several occasions she has been subject to, what I consider racist abuse.
Lofty… it’s a term of endearment.
Keep smiling, keep civil.[emoji1303]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This, with bells on - but then you could say that about PM, Ministers for Health, Education, Home Secretary and the made up posts like Levelling Up - a pretty sorry shower all round to be honest.

Not to mention the opposition.

Parliament is a mess whichever way you look

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
At last Watters old son, we agree on something, we all need to change our way and be a little more kind to each other. [emoji1303]As Bozza reminded us ALL, debate robustly and never resort to abuse.

Can we expect a spectacular change in your rhetoric then? Will you be using robust argument rather than vacuous slogans like 'sir kneel' etc? Do tell.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here