Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How do you feel about Albion’s January transfers?

How do you feel about Albion’s January transfer business

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not quite over yet but looking like one in (for the future) and one out from the first team squad.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I would be happier if we didn't keep signing players to loan out.
Can't we just keep one for the first team?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A little disappointed. Not sure what I anticipating, but whatever it was it didn’t happen.

Squad wise we are weaker with the loss of Burn.

The Polish wonder kid and Deniz is promising, but neither PL ready.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I've learnt to expect very little from our transfer windows other than a few bargain signings some of which turn out great, others that disappear.

As long as some keep turning out to be great and given our league position difficult to complain.

The summer will be a lot busier with contracts for Bissouma, Maupay, Trossard, Mac Allister, Veltman expiring (in a further 12 months). Either we will see a series of new deals in the next few months or we have 5 five first team experienced players to replace.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Must admit a little surprised and disappointed BDB went but on paper it's good business I suppose.

Bloom seems to have pulled a excellent fast one giving the fans the desired Striker and paid himself the transfer money ! BOOM!

We've got some fringe players loaned out so that's good, and to be fair keeping Bissouma and Webster are top priorities this season, and that hopefully looks good.

The whole squad has really stepped it up a level this season so I'm at peace with this window do shut it.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
2 recognised strikers for 4 seasons. Every other team has 4 minimum. Even ****ing Burnley sell wood and replace him 2 weeks later with an international striker. Burnley ffs. It’s only difficult to find one if you’re not actually looking for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021
The summer will be a lot busier with contracts for Bissouma, Maupay, Trossard, Mac Allister, Veltman expiring. Either we will see a series of new deals in the next few months or we have 5 five first team experienced players to replace.

This is slightly uncomfortable reading. Assuming Bis will be gone the others are all very worthy of new deals and all would leave a massive hole as things stand. Surprised we’ve left it so late on so many.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
2 recognised strikers for 4 seasons. Every other team has 4 minimum. Even ****ing Burnley sell wood and replace him 2 weeks later with an international striker. Burnley ffs. It’s only difficult to find one if you’re not actually looking for one.

This is Burnley currently bottom of the league you're talking about? Clearly not who to look to when comparing recent/current transfer dealings and policies :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Glad we haven’t signed anyone in a panic. Solid quad and we’re as good as safe this season. 7/10

Exactly, and we don’t appear to be struggling.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

And yet Brighton are ninth, while Burnley are rock bottom of the table....

It's ALMOST as if bringing A.N Other striker in wouldn't be the solution :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Biss and Lamptey still here, Koz and Deniz here in July for pre-season, good price for Burn, several new contracts announced, 30 points in the bag…….the evolution, the progression and the strategy all abundantly clear and working. No surprises. Piss your pants about us not signing a striker if you want but I’m not going to.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Having a good season, no need to panic buy.
Makes sense for the signings that have been made to delay their introduction until the summer so that they have the best chance of adapting to a new country and league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here