Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sue Gray

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not so sure anyone really cares about the contents of this report any more. Its release will be swiftly followed by the 54th letter finding its way into Graham Brady's office. That's if it doesn't arrive before.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

_122671452_suegray.jpg

You sure??

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
think the content and tone matters an awful lot how many letters may go in. dont want to overstretch, reach the trigger and then find there is just enough support for PM in the subsequent no-confidence vote.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It should of course finally prove that the PM is a lying, two-faced, incompetent, buffoon. Sadly I feel that it might be like the Hutton Inquiry (Iraq, WMD, sexed-up dossiers etc for those that have forgotten) and will 'prove' the exact opposite. And it's not as if she's even nominally independent; she's a civil servant who has effectively been told to investigate her bosses.

Still, we live in hope,

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
will be a complete whitewash otherwise the dickhead wouldnt be urging us all to wait for it - he knows perfectly well what its going to say

I'd agree if it wasn't for the fact we know Cummings will be providing her with evidence.

If there is a smoking gun, I don't see how Johnson wriggles his way out of this one?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The poor woman must be redrafting her Report on an hourly basis. If the content cannot keep pace with the revelations as they emerge then she will look like a stooge and her credibility will be shot.

Today, Starmer and Blackford both called for the PM's resignation for the second week in a row, while even David Davis did the same in melodramatic fashion.

Today, Boris gave a loud robust defence of his PM tenure, listing various "achievements and successes." It sounded like a reminder to his backbenchers to think before they rebel. I don't think it will make any difference.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It will be an absolute whitewash.

The clue is that Johnson is very keen on people reading it.

He is Gray's boss.

He is marking his own homework.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Her report will only be listened to by the side that agrees with it

This is what we have done with our hard earned sovereignty.

Sue Gray's report will go straight to the prime minister, who will then decide, what if any rules have been broken, who is responsible and what are the consequences.
I don't know about you, but I get the feeling that this model of accountability may be a little flawed?

I would like to see this addressed outside of how this specific report is received. Setting aside our current Prime Minister who I believe has lied to the House and broken the ministerial oath on multiple occasions, I want to be governed and not ruled. Even the Prime Minister needs to be held accountable and for those willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this time, wait until you have some loony leftie pulling the same stunts and sitting in judgement of their own behaviour.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Her career will be defined by it and I'd be very surprised if it isn't devastating for the PM.

It will probably centre round the "by invitation" garden party and the parties that took place before Prince Philip's Funeral.

One of second ones was in the basement of Number 10 (with music) and they ended up joining another "party" taking place in the garden.

Most of the rest of the "gatherings" will turn out to a glass of wine at the desk.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
This is what we have done with our hard earned sovereignty.

Sue Gray's report will go straight to the prime minister, who will then decide, what if any rules have been broken, who is responsible and what are the consequences.
I don't know about you, but I get the feeling that this model of accountability may be a little flawed?

I would like to see this addressed outside of how this specific report is received. Setting aside our current Prime Minister who I believe has lied to the House and broken the ministerial oath on multiple occasions, I want to be governed and not ruled. Even the Prime Minister needs to be held accountable and for those willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this time, wait until you have some loony leftie pulling the same stunts and sitting in judgement of their own behaviour.

If this wasn't so important, it would be very funny.

I don't think the report really matters anymore - he's toast.

Fritz the Cat

Jan 6, 2022
It should of course finally prove that the PM is a lying, two-faced, incompetent, buffoon. Sadly I feel that it might be like the Hutton Inquiry (Iraq, WMD, sexed-up dossiers etc for those that have forgotten) and will 'prove' the exact opposite. And it's not as if she's even nominally independent; she's a civil servant who has effectively been told to investigate her bosses.

Still, we live in hope,
I think you're under estimating this woman - she sounds pretty formidable to me. Both Labour and Tories are at pains to emphasize how much they respect her integrity. I don't think Johnson would sack her if her report portrayed him in a poor light. Surely that would make him look much worse and hasten his departure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here